HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

nj-ott

Old
02-16-2014, 06:11 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

vCash: 500
According to Lou, Matteau is pretty much worth a top 10 pick, so I don't think he'd be trading him.

That said, Spezza has no facial hair, so that's a pretty big bargaining chip for the Sens.

EssendonBombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 06:13 PM
WillyBilly1990

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckclektr View Post
Spezza is one of my favorite players. But a a devil fan I turn this down. Not realt in the devils plans. If he was 22-23, then I would do it.
If he was 22-23 we would want way more than Larsson and Matteau and you wouldn't be willing to give up most of your valuable assets

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 06:16 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
According to Lou, Matteau is pretty much worth a top 10 pick, so I don't think he'd be trading him.
link or quote please

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 05:21 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckclektr View Post
Spezza is one of my favorite players. But a a devil fan I turn this down. Not realt in the devils plans. If he was 22-23, then I would do it.
If he was 22-23, the Sens wouldn't do it, and certainly not for the OP.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 05:38 AM
John Pedro

Currently he is the most diabolical player in the league. 666 points. LOL But would not trading Larsson and Matteau.

John Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Deja Lu
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 504
Ottawa declines.

Deja Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
From Ottawa POV YES! No way Devils do this. Its a pretty fair deal

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:17 AM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgani1488 View Post
I am assuming you are referring to Stefan Matteau, The son of former ranger Stphane Matteau.

This deal is terrible for the Devils. No offense to Spezza he is definitely an asset but we are in no position to trade one of only Forward prospects (Boucher is the other)

Adam Larsson's value couldn't be any lower than is right now. Unless mass overpayment from someone which isnt happening there is no deal at this moment.

The 2nd & 3rd I will assume would be for this upcoming draft. If that is the case that would leave the devils with no 1st 2nd or 3rd picks of their own.

If you are targeting Larsson the return has to start with a 1st coming back to NJ.
Isn't that statement contradicting itself? If his value is low why would an overpayment be necessary.

NickLidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 04:52 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mak View Post
From Ottawa POV YES! No way Devils do this. Its a pretty fair deal
Um, what? So its a fair deal, yet Ottawa jumps on it and no way the Devils do it? That makes no sense.

And by the way, its a pretty big underpayment for Spezza. A couple of prospects that have been, lets put this nicely, very disappointing, and a couple of non-first round picks for a legit 1C. No thanks from Ottawa.

Old
02-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Devils Army
Let the Larsson play

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Um, what? So its a fair deal, yet Ottawa jumps on it and no way the Devils do it? That makes no sense.

And by the way, its a pretty big underpayment for Spezza. A couple of prospects that have been, lets put this nicely, very disappointing, and a couple of non-first round picks for a legit 1C. No thanks from Ottawa.
But you have to realize he is a UFA next season and he is getting pretty old so he is worth less than you think and he has quite a large cap hit, so I don't see anyteam really going after him unless they're contending but if they're contending they won't have any cap space so I don't see him being moved at least this year

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 06:33 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
But you have to realize he is a UFA next season and he is getting pretty old so he is worth less than you think and he has quite a large cap hit, so I don't see anyteam really going after him unless they're contending but if they're contending they won't have any cap space so I don't see him being moved at least this year
Well, you make it sound like he can't be resigned. He is a family man now, so if you make him comfortable in your city and your organization, there is a very good chance to resign him. Not to mention he is still producing with linemates that, needless to say, are not NHL top 6ers for the most part, that shows how much skill he still has, and that he makes his linemates better. And he is not 'getting pretty old', he is 30. 30. He easily has several more very good years left in him, especially if you give him decent linemates. You know who is old? Guys like Alfredsson, Selanne, etc, who are more than a decade older than Spezza, and still producing. This is not a 40 year old we're talking about here.

Old
02-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Devils Army
Let the Larsson play

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Well, you make it sound like he can't be resigned. He is a family man now, so if you make him comfortable in your city and your organization, there is a very good chance to resign him. Not to mention he is still producing with linemates that, needless to say, are not NHL top 6ers for the most part, that shows how much skill he still has, and that he makes his linemates better. And he is not 'getting pretty old', he is 30. 30. He easily has several more very good years left in him, especially if you give him decent linemates. You know who is old? Guys like Alfredsson, Selanne, etc, who are more than a decade older than Spezza, and still producing. This is not a 40 year old we're talking about here.
But the Devils aren't looking to get older just younger, we have some good d prospects and want young talent not 30+ centers, although I do like Spezza and found it hard to believe he is already 30, thought he was like 28 or something

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:20 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
But the Devils aren't looking to get older just younger, we have some good d prospects and want young talent not 30+ centers, although I do like Spezza and found it hard to believe he is already 30, thought he was like 28 or something
Okay, we're happy keeping him then (despite what a vocal minority of Sens fans would have you beleive).