HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 2

Old
10-27-2014, 04:56 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Writing was on the wall that for whatever reason Sami has fallen out of favor. They like Will a lot and Pickard has earned #1 status right now. There is no way they will sign both Sami and Pickard after this season is up, something has to give. Now I'm curious what Ft Wayne does with Tremblay and their existing goalie.
Allaire thinks he's the best technique goaler the Avs have, wouldn't say he's far from done. Isn't Tremblay old enough to return to juniors?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

I don't think Aittokallio has fallen out completely. If Allaire likes him there's a good chance he stays. It's quite possible that they just Aittokallio playing as much as possible while giving Pickard the number 1 spot in Lake erie. Like I said before, I thought Sami had shown more then Will in the AHL games.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 05:04 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Allaire thinks he's the best technique goaler the Avs have, wouldn't say he's far from done. Isn't Tremblay old enough to return to juniors?
No, Tremblay has an AHL contract.

Dean has made it clear on several occasions how much he loves Will and how much of an open competition it was. A lot of people here are convinced Sami didn't train with Allaire over the summer and Pickard is their favorite of the two right now. Both of their contracts are up after this year and Will and Martin are signed already for next year. I can't see both re-signing and one has to become the starter at some point, the half and half ride the hot hand timeshare wasn't working and isn't conducive to developing a proper #3 that the Avs can actually be comfortable with using from time to time.

We'll see how it shakes out. I'm not declaring that Sami will be there forever and has no hope of getting another contract but I firmly believe a decision will be made in some manner. The Ft Wayne media expected to get Will during their training camp, so something changed there.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Could be possible they are trying to pump up Pickard's trade value before sending him him in a package deal.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 10:58 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

As promised, highlights from Rockford.

Old
10-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Could be possible they are trying to pump up Pickard's trade value before sending him him in a package deal.
Maybe. It does feel like one of them could move.

That said, I have no read at all on who the team values. There's conflicting info all over the place. Aitto clearly had the advantage last year. There were reports recently that Allaire was really high on Aitto's technical game, but seems weird because he relies more on his reflexes, and Pickard is the technical guy. Then there's lots of reports of both the Avs and Monsters being really high on Will. Then they called Pickard up first this year, and he looked pretty good once he got the jitters out from the first weird game.

Then there's Martin who Allaire apparently really liked. He talked the Avs into taking him, when Roy could have taken his former Rempart, Anthony Duclair in the 3rd round.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 08:26 AM
UncleRisto
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Then there's Martin who Allaire apparently really liked. He talked the Avs into taking him, when Roy could have taken his former Rempart, Anthony Duclair in the 3rd round.
Sigh...

UncleRisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 08:55 AM
GeoffL19

Quote:
Sigh.... I'll be surprised if Martin ever becomes an NHL backup.

Nick Baptiste was still there too, someone I really wanted the Avs to grab.

GeoffL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

I hate how every clip from the AHL and junior teams are filmed with a potato from the nosebleeds.

10-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff

And goalies are so hard to predict. They're the fickliest of all the fickles in the world. Look how Markstrom passed through waivers like Taco Bell passes through my digestive system. Now he's tearing it up in the AHL.

Chau Vo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:21 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

What's wrong with Martin?

When they just take the jumbotron feed and pair it with the radio broadcast yeah the quality is pretty much crap.

Old
10-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chau Vo View Post
And goalies are so hard to predict. They're the fickliest of all the fickles in the world. Look how Markstrom passed through waivers like Taco Bell passes through my digestive system. Now he's tearing it up in the AHL.
Remember when Markstrom was going to be a superstar??

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:56 AM
agentblack

vCash: 6173
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Sigh...
+1
Kid is good.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:

Elliott's play in the corner where he got crunched is what's gonna keep him out of the NHL for at least a while. He got the puck, but he's just too soft, and doesn't know how to protect himself.

That Rockford goalie thought he was being tricy with that play behind then net, and ended up lookng stupid.

Duncan didn't do too well in his fight, but Mashinter's a pretty tough dude and definitely has him outweighed by a bit. Props for dropping em with the more experienced guy I suppose. I'm sure that earned him some points for the effort, and not backing down.

Old
10-28-2014, 06:29 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chau Vo View Post
I hate how every clip from the AHL and junior teams are filmed with a potato from the nosebleeds.
Yeah, having hockey streams with all CHL and AHL games, and they're absolutely un-watchable.

TheStranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 06:34 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Some are better than others. Look at the video of Bigras I posted on the prospects page, actual HD.

Anyway, supposedly Tremblay is going back to Lake Erie. He probably will never play but it is what it is.

Old
10-28-2014, 08:25 PM
hf031

Surprised they can't find another willing suitor in the ECHL to take Tremblay on. While it seems easy to view that as exile, at least he would be playing. Sitting as a distant third wheel in the AHL stands doesn't seem to be helping anyone.

hf031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:38 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

It is sad to see Sami get demoted, but the writing was really on the wall. Not training with Allaire last summer (at least from the public eye), Pickard training with Allaire and improving, Pickard looking good in camp and during the first few games, the organization being high on Will, Will looking good during camp, etc. Too many things were going against Sami... I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Avs retained his rights next summer, but Sami plays in Finland. He has too much talent to give up on right now, but he has also been surpassed on the depth chart.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
It is sad to see Sami get demoted, but the writing was really on the wall. Not training with Allaire last summer (at least from the public eye), Pickard training with Allaire and improving, Pickard looking good in camp and during the first few games, the organization being high on Will, Will looking good during camp, etc. Too many things were going against Sami... I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Avs retained his rights next summer, but Sami plays in Finland. He has too much talent to give up on right now, but he has also been surpassed on the depth chart.
With how much Roy has talked in the past about Varly and Berra training with Allaire in the summer, it certainly seems like that was not a smart move by Aitto to pass that up. May have taken him out of good graces with the organization. Would have been smart to just invest a few bucks into traveling to train with him for a few weeks. It's not like he's some nobody either, it could have helped his game immensely, even apart from the idea of looking committed.

Old
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Mr. Barns-Rock should fire his agent if that guy did anything less than scream in his ear to stay in the offseason and train w/Allaire. That wasn't just an ill-advised move, it was outright stupid (unless he just doesn't care about his NHL career), especially when he knows damned well there are plenty of goalies in the system.

Av-merican is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 12:50 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
With how much Roy has talked in the past about Varly and Berra training with Allaire in the summer, it certainly seems like that was not a smart move by Aitto to pass that up. May have taken him out of good graces with the organization. Would have been smart to just invest a few bucks into traveling to train with him for a few weeks. It's not like he's some nobody either, it could have helped his game immensely, even apart from the idea of looking committed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Mr. Barns-Rock should fire his agent if that guy did anything less than scream in his ear to stay in the offseason and train w/Allaire. That wasn't just an ill-advised move, it was outright stupid (unless he just doesn't care about his NHL career), especially when he knows damned well there are plenty of goalies in the system.
Totally agree... it was a huge mistake if that is what happened (I keep the option open that he set aside other time, even if it looks pretty unlikely). It is hard enough for goalies to make the NHL, don't make it harder on yourself by making poor decisions.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote