Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NTīs, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
01-05-2017, 07:41 AM
hmmsk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanko View Post
The failure of Finland this year might end up being very bad news for Slovakia next year. By my count, if Finland finishes 9th (highly likely) and Slovakia 8th (will happen unless we beat Sweden), we will end up in the same group with Finland next year together with the teams that finish 1st, 4th and 5th. Our only hope for having a playable group opponent next year is that Denmark finishes 5th (as long as there are no upsets, they should be 5th).
Well, no upsets, so DK is in Slovakia's group, and that team should be playable, especially given the supposedly stronger group of SVK players we can expect next year.

hmmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Ivanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmsk View Post
Well, no upsets, so DK is in Slovakia's group, and that team should be playable, especially given the supposedly stronger group of SVK players we can expect next year.
I actually didn't realize that next year Canada and US will play some special game at the WJC so they just put them in the same group disregarding the results from this year. So we will get USA and Canada, Finland and for some reason Belarus. Top 2 teams and bottom 3 teams from this year.

Ivanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanko View Post
I actually didn't realize that next year Canada and US will play some special game at the WJC so they just put them in the same group disregarding the results from this year. So we will get USA and Canada, Finland and for some reason Belarus. Top 2 teams and bottom 3 teams from this year.

I was under the impression that SVK was with Denmark and Finland. Where did you get the information that it is Belarus and not Denmark?

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2017, 05:23 AM
hmmsk

Radovan Bondra Traded from worst to best team in WHL and 1+1 on his debut game for Prince George. I don't get it, best player on the worst team in the CHL at first, then manages 1+1 in a stacked Prince George team on debut, but went pointless at WJC.

What gives? Makes me think that the whole tactical setup of Slovakia there was not conducive to goals? I mean, not a single point for him at WJC if he's PPG in the WHL?!?!

Old
01-13-2017, 06:43 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmsk View Post
Radovan Bondra Traded from worst to best team in WHL and 1+1 on his debut game for Prince George. I don't get it, best player on the worst team in the CHL at first, then manages 1+1 in a stacked Prince George team on debut, but went pointless at WJC.

What gives? Makes me think that the whole tactical setup of Slovakia there was not conducive to goals? I mean, not a single point for him at WJC if he's PPG in the WHL?!?!
National competition is something different. Especially on WJC, where also the low level teams are playing tight hockey without much room. in WHL you have teams and "teams".

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 08:25 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
David Hrenak committed to St. Cloud State yesterday.

https://twitter.com/hrenci/status/825890520174100481

He says next year..but we have a sophomore and a freshman in net already so unless one of them leaves...he will not be a Husky next season.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 08:21 AM
hmmsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post

He says next year..but we have a sophomore and a freshman in net already so unless one of them leaves...he will not be a Husky next season.
From the interview with him here

http://www.slovakprospects.com/zahra...itu-v-st-cloud

He apparently got confirmation from the coach that he'll get at least a few chances next season

Old
02-05-2017, 07:31 AM
herbst20

You have to think the New USHL import rules effected this move. Next year an Import goalie in the USHL will count for 2 import slots. Hrenak currently plays on a team that both goalies are imports and the other goalie is a '99 and currently an A rating by CSS.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2017, 03:55 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post

Why not? Every team could have more than 2 goalies, or?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Ivanko

Ernest Bokros will not continue as U20 head coach. Don't know what you guys think, but in my mind he did quite a good job overall. Wonder who they bring in to replace him.

Ivanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 09:54 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Why not? Every team could have more than 2 goalies, or?
We already have 3.
It'll be a crowded net

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2017, 04:42 AM
BPilgrim

I'm curious about Pavol Regenda (Dukla Trencin). Can you guys tell me what kind of player he is?

BPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote