HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Old
08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
sbjnyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I don't have any other charges and I always do E-Tickets so no shipping charges. The only thing I have is the tickets charge. I"ve never done installments and averaged out over three installments, the payment was somewhat less then it should have been.
So I just looked at my invoice (which includes the $25 shipping charge) and despite what I wrote I'm paying the same each month except for a bit extra the last month (I chose the 9 month plan).

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2014, 08:21 AM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
So I just looked at my invoice (which includes the $25 shipping charge) and despite what I wrote I'm paying the same each month except for a bit extra the last month (I chose the 9 month plan).
Half season doesn't have a 9 month option.

AHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2014, 11:04 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
The Rangers dynamic pricing algorithms are seriously FUBARed. Just took a peak at the preseason and row 7 of section 420 is priced at $109+FEES

lol (these are $39 STH price tix for regular season)

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2014, 11:06 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The Rangers dynamic pricing algorithms are seriously FUBARed. Just took a peak at the preseason and row 7 of section 420 is prices at $109+FEES

Yet, rows 1-5 are are $56 + fees

08-20-2014, 11:07 AM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The Rangers dynamic pricing algorithms are seriously FUBARed. Just took a peak at the preseason and row 7 of section 420 is prices at $109+FEES

They are going to murder the market this year. I can't wait to see the prices on the regular season seats for those.

Good for us who are sellers, bad for everyone else and potentially crippling for attendance.

One things for sure though, the Garden will only continue to be more watered down.

Also, hilarious to think of where we were a few months ago in the madness of SCF tickets and now back to this.

Last edited by AHB: 08-20-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old
08-20-2014, 11:45 AM
AHB

For ***** and giggles I looked at the Islanders STH prices. To be in their "Elite Club" you have to buy in the top two tiers. 100/Game and 123/Game. Unreal haha.

Old
08-20-2014, 09:44 PM
ltrangerfan

I have been working with Algo's, adjusting each seat in the Garden to it's proper value, relative to all the other seats while fooling around with starting time with regard to opponent and day of the wk thrown into the mix. I ran regressions while consulting other sales sites all trying to come up with the proper valuation for each Ranger exhibition game.

My wife said, "forget it. I'm listing them on Stubhub for approx 50% off face".

I think she's right.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2014, 11:49 PM
griz1

Between StubHub and TM+ which have you had more success selling your tickets on? Which do you prefer?

Last year it seemed that TM+ fees (when tickets were sold through the Rangers Account Manager) were really high compared to SH. So I just used SH.

griz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Cygnus 2112
Rookie User

The Rangers ticket exchange is the most convenient. I was in Walt Disney World during the latter part of the ECF and had to sell my Game 6 tickets. (It still hurts). I had like a day and a half...the listing there sold first and I had to do nothing after posting. The tickets were sent to the buyer, money went into my account. Which made things a bit easier- no uploading PDF's for a Craigslist buyer etc. while trying to get on the Seven Dwarves' Mine Train lol.

Cygnus 2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2014, 02:07 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

OT: FYI, there's an annoying right column that shows up on this site now on many pages. If you're using the chrome browser, add a bookmark on the bookmark bar then edit the URL to:

javascript:$( ".page > div > table > tbody > tr > td > table > tbody > tr > td" ).remove();

When you click on the bookmark, it will delete that column

Old
08-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Tikkanese

Seat Selection and Relocation

It's been a long, busy summer at work so I think I missed it, but can someone confirm when the upgrade/relocation period was this year?

Tikkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2014, 09:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanese View Post
It's been a long, busy summer at work so I think I missed it, but can someone confirm when the upgrade/relocation period was this year?
Late June and early July.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:05 AM
boyle2boyle

Might sound like a silly question, but what's the best way to start a conversation with a rep about acquiring season tickets in the future? I e-mailed seasonsubscriptions@msg.com around 2 weeks ago asking for information about how I would go about becoming a first time STH or half-season ticket holder for the 15-16 season, and nobody has gotten back to me. Are they just ignoring my e-mail because I'm asking about next season too early? Is e-mail not the best way to get in contact with a rep? Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

boyle2boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:16 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyle2boyle View Post
Might sound like a silly question, but what's the best way to start a conversation with a rep about acquiring season tickets in the future? I e-mailed seasonsubscriptions@msg.com around 2 weeks ago asking for information about how I would go about becoming a first time STH or half-season ticket holder for the 15-16 season, and nobody has gotten back to me. Are they just ignoring my e-mail because I'm asking about next season too early? Is e-mail not the best way to get in contact with a rep? Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
Just pick a random rep every day until one calls you back:
https://www.nyrsubcentral.com/contact-us

You should get an answer pretty fast

Old
Yesterday, 11:04 AM
bklyn8

I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.

bklyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 12:10 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.
great seats! you did well value wise as a lower bowl STH, that's at the price break before $293 a couple rows down, or $314 one section over. That being said, it's really hard to make your money back on those if you don't have a network of buyers. With fees on stubhub or the ticket exchange, buyers have to shell out anywhere from $220 to $235 for you to break even - that is not going to happen on Mondays against Nashville

It all comes down to which games you're selling. If you plan on selling only the dogs, make sure you sell early and I would highly recommend being realistic with your prices and selling on here and craigslist. If you play it right the most you should lose on any game is about $80 per ticket (look at that as your worst case scenario). You should probably be pushing to get $125-$150 for all the worst games

Last edited by GordonGecko: Yesterday at 12:16 PM.
Old
Yesterday, 03:27 PM
griz1

Quote:
Those really are great seats. Gordon is spot on, though, about re-sale.

As long as you are planning to use most of the tickets yourself, you won't loose too much.

I had seats in 105, row 13, 2 rows off the aisle next to 106 (Club Gold). I didn't use those seats at all during the regular season last year (I split tickets with someone else who was in the first row of 105). I was down about $6,000 on my row 13s and didn't break even until the SCF (I ended up sitting in those seats for some of the playoff games).

Your seats are better because Rangers shoot twice and they're a little lower, but MSG has them priced just about at market value, which means unless you can sell your tickets without SH or TM fees, you will take a bit of a hit.

Just to give you an example, opening night last year (v. Montreal) I sold my tickets on SH and made $1.95 per ticket profit!

Just go in with your eyes open, be realistic with the prices you set, and enjoy the view.

griz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:22 PM
bklyn8

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz1 View Post
Those really are great seats. Gordon is spot on, though, about re-sale.

As long as you are planning to use most of the tickets yourself, you won't loose too much.

I had seats in 105, row 13, 2 rows off the aisle next to 106 (Club Gold). I didn't use those seats at all during the regular season last year (I split tickets with someone else who was in the first row of 105). I was down about $6,000 on my row 13s and didn't break even until the SCF (I ended up sitting in those seats for some of the playoff games).

Your seats are better because Rangers shoot twice and they're a little lower, but MSG has them priced just about at market value, which means unless you can sell your tickets without SH or TM fees, you will take a bit of a hit.

Just to give you an example, opening night last year (v. Montreal) I sold my tickets on SH and made $1.95 per ticket profit!

Just go in with your eyes open, be realistic with the prices you set, and enjoy the view.
How many seats did you have? $6,000 on 2 seats is a huge hit.

bklyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Great Seats. Welcome as a STH you wont regret it!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote