HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Old
10-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Highstic
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor22 View Post
With all due respect rookies are playing key roles on a few teams this year. These 16yr olds are improving under the skill and leadership of some of the vets.
Aren't we saying the same thing here? I was simply commending ALL the RAMS players for stepping up their game. Apologies for ever mentioning the rookies in the first place.

Highstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Taylor22
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
Aren't we saying the same thing here? I was simply commending ALL the RAMS players for stepping up their game. Apologies for ever mentioning the rookies in the first place.
Sorry, I quoted the wrong post and I concur. This old guy is just getting used to the whole computer thing.

Taylor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2014, 05:40 AM
Highstic
Rookie User

10-4 On that......an even bigger game today VS Almonte, division rival, for the Rams. Almonte seems to have improved and The Barr factor is now in effect. A huge 2pts for both teams today!!

Old
10-18-2014, 11:20 PM
mittsoff

Shawville looks like a team to watch out for in the valley this year! Some very talented forwards stepping up to the plate and making a big impact!! Poirier???? Where did he come from
? Should make for an interesting season

mittsoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2014, 03:25 AM
bartsky

Shane Hiley is the guy to watch for this year, went to the Almonte v. Stittsville game and this guy can play. Look for him to win the scoring title this year. Otherwise, the only dominant force Almonte had was Barr. If Almonte thinks they can win just strictly from his scoring they are wrong. He needs someone to play with. Stittsville has the valley this year if you ask me.

bartsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2014, 03:27 AM
bartsky

One other thing, does anyone know who 17 is on Almonte? He can barely skate and looks to be an enforcer, Nichol I believe is his last name, record in Junior? Fights in Junior?

bartsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2014, 04:42 AM
Highstic
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsky View Post
One other thing, does anyone know who 17 is on Almonte? He can barely skate and looks to be an enforcer, Nichol I believe is his last name, record in Junior? Fights in Junior?
Believe #17 is Garrett Nicol, their rookie of the year last season. Think he came to Almonte from Kirkland Lake.....

Old
10-19-2014, 09:36 AM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsky View Post
Not exactly an enforcer just a big body. He is not the fastest guy on the ice but has pretty good hands for his size and protects the puck well. The only thing I took from the game last night was 12 on stittsville cannot take a hit and complains to the ref the entire game. He got dumped in Almontes end then skates the entire length of the ice and runs a player that was facing the boards the entire time into the boards from behind. Reffing was good for the first two periods then it was just terrible. Almontes goalie did not play like his usual self and stitts goalie did not look strong on the goals scored on him. Stitt still has some work to do be beat Renfrew, Renfrew is deeper and more well rounded.

hockey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2014, 12:52 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittsoff View Post
Shawville looks like a team to watch out for in the valley this year! Some very talented forwards stepping up to the plate and making a big impact!! Poirier???? Where did he come from
? Should make for an interesting season
Oct 18, 2012 - The Arnprior Packers trade the rights of Liam Porier , Cody Janes, Matt Burns along with future considerations to the Westport Rideaus for Andrew Dekroon

GM/Head Coach at the time Shawn Patrick shipped him to Westport in order to keep his son and step son on the team. As soon as he turned 18 he asked for a release from Westport and signed with Les Pontiac.... he has become a fine offensive threat. To this day I still shake my head. Mr. Patrick was let go 5 months later after blowing up one of the most promising EOJHL teams in the past 10 years.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Rideaufan1
Rookie User

Hawks took it on the chin this weekend! Gotta love the Rideau

Rideaufan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 08:28 AM
xcross

Almonte / Perth. Here we go again !

I have heard that there are still more changes coming in Almonte. From the rumours that I've heard it sounds like either the Thunder are going for it big time and screw next year, or BW has completely lost his mind ! Hearing possibly 2 more players to Perth for Andrew Davis.

xcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:07 AM
hockeyonice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
I have heard that there are still more changes coming in Almonte. From the rumours that I've heard it sounds like either the Thunder are going for it big time and screw next year, or BW has completely lost his mind ! Hearing possibly 2 more players to Perth for Andrew Davis.
heard same thing but heard it was a one for one deal but that there is another trade brewing with someone else but haven't heard with who.

hockeyonice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:05 AM
xcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
From the EOJHL website

0-Oct 2014 The Almonte Thunder trade the playing rights of Terry Mallon, Conor Rolland and Jordan Bosley to The Perth Blue Wings in exchange for the playing rights of Andrew Davis and a agreed PDF.

That PDF better be huge. Mallon has been Almonte's most consistent player, and Rolland is a 4 -5 defenceman. Bosely wouldn't play in Almonte because of school. I know Almonte wanted to get older and more experienced but this is getting crazy now!

xcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:03 AM
hockey91

What is everyone's take on Almonte's latest transactions? Looks like they have 3 OA cards used (Barr, Davis, Crozier?). From what I have seen of the team they look to be still searching for a formula that really works but they seem to have almost all the right pieces. A solid 4-5 d-man system, 2-3 quality forward lines that seem to have decent chemistry and great goaltending. If their d tighten up a bit and their 3rd line starts finding the net then I would think they would be a contender for the Valley this year.

Also looking like Gat. has gotten their game together and may just steam roll the Metro this year. Some highly skilled forwards and they will punish you if your team is soft. If they stay out of the box they could run the table, i think.

hockey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:17 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
What is everyone's take on Almonte's latest transactions? Looks like they have 3 OA cards used (Barr, Davis, Crozier?). From what I have seen of the team they look to be still searching for a formula that really works but they seem to have almost all the right pieces. A solid 4-5 d-man system, 2-3 quality forward lines that seem to have decent chemistry and great goaltending. If their d tighten up a bit and their 3rd line starts finding the net then I would think they would be a contender for the Valley this year.

Also looking like Gat. has gotten their game together and may just steam roll the Metro this year. Some highly skilled forwards and they will punish you if your team is soft. If they stay out of the box they could run the table, i think.
I wouldn't say they have "great goaltending". I like Matt Dods but he's tiny and I think other teams will start taking advantage of that. He's a good goalie but not good enough to help Almonte contend in the Valley (IMHO). I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:37 AM
hockeyonice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I wouldn't say they have "great goaltending". I like Matt Dods but he's tiny and I think other teams will start taking advantage of that. He's a good goalie but not good enough to help Almonte contend in the Valley (IMHO). I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.
almonte does have great goaltending their starter has been out with a bad ankle and had a concussion before that which he received at the oshawa generals main camp.in his first two starts was first star and won the game against the knights when he stoned them in the third. stats may not show it now but if this tandam buckles down and the defence helps them with 2nd and 3rd opportunities these guys can steal you a game

Old
Today, 07:56 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyonice View Post
almonte does have great goaltending their starter has been out with a bad ankle and had a concussion before that which he received at the oshawa generals main camp.in his first two starts was first star and won the game against the knights when he stoned them in the third. stats may not show it now but if this tandam buckles down and the defence helps them with 2nd and 3rd opportunities these guys can steal you a game
I guess your definition of great is different than mine.

I like Almonte, just not sure what Hawkins and White are up to with these recent trades.

Old
Today, 08:14 AM
upinarms

Quote:
I guess your definition of great is different than mine.

I like Almonte, just not sure what Hawkins and White are up to with these recent trades.
Oh ! In case you didn't know. Hawkins is not associated with Almonte anymore. Apparently rules state that you can't be involved with a JR A and a JR B team at same time. But realistically I think he is still involved with both teams as Kanata is in the tank and Almonte I don't think knows what they are doing.

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:19 AM
hockeyonice

Quote:
i guess your definition of great is different than mine.

I like almonte, just not sure what hawkins and white are up to with these recent trades.
lots of hockey still to be played and has anyone ever been able to tell what those two are up to. Should be great the rest of the year. My 2 cents worth i believe the team to beat will be stitsville

Old
Today, 08:28 AM
Bobby Clarke
Rookie User

Renfrew and Stittsville are out in front and the Rams have had injuries they should finish 1 , 2 in the division. Shawville is a very hard working team. Not sure what is going in Almonte moving players out, Arnprior seems banged up with not even feilding full lineups. Perth looks like there selling everything off.

Bobby Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:31 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Oh ! In case you didn't know. Hawkins is not associated with Almonte anymore. Apparently rules state that you can't be involved with a JR A and a JR B team at same time. But realistically I think he is still involved with both teams as Kanata is in the tank and Almonte I don't think knows what they are doing.
Definitely still involved with Almonte!!!! Where he gets the money to keep this team alive is beyond me. 67 fans at their last home game!!! On a Saturday night!!

Old
Today, 10:04 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Definitely still involved with Almonte!!!! Where he gets the money to keep this team alive is beyond me. 67 fans at their last home game!!! On a Saturday night!!
The had a very favorable deal with the town on ice time when the team first started. Has that deal ended ?

valleydude is offline   Reply With Quote