HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 03:07 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Not a year wasted. His first year would have dropped off because of his age whether he played in the A or CHL. One of the reasons we see college guys getting signed earlier as the later they start, the less years they can be signed. Playing as an overager/20 year old makes the contract a 2 year one no matter what with this year being his 3rd year.
Didn't know that, but good to know.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Didn't know that, but good to know.
One of the reasons is to keep teams from signing a player and stashing them as 20 year olds in the CHL or elsewhere. It would allow teams to have entry level deals go later and extra incentive to circumvent the 50 contract cap.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:08 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Smith, Heard, Bourke, Beaupre will for sure be signed (or extended). I think Clarke/Young/Moffat/Donnely it's pretty hard to say, depends on the contract situation but could see any/all of them being let go. They'll have to decide on Condon and Blandisi
Agreed on the signings.

Young: Never watched him so can't tell if they drafted him on the defensive aspect, or offensive aspect. Making a guess I think we pass on him.

Moffat: I think we pass on him as well, we drafted him as a high risk, high reward player and he just hasn't progressed as I personally liked.

Donnelly: I have no clue what they think of Dillon. I have watched for the last few years and is a intriguing player and deserves an ELC IMO. But we already have a few shutdown defenders so do we need more?

Blandisi and Condon: Definitely will get ELC's.

Clarke: Like Moffat, he seems like a high risk, high reward type of player. Luckily enough was able to watch him a few times before he was drafted. During those games he had a very Downie-type of game and looked great. If he can figure out his consistency the numbers will come and with an ELC.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:00 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Agreed on the signings.

Young: Never watched him so can't tell if they drafted him on the defensive aspect, or offensive aspect. Making a guess I think we pass on him.

Moffat: I think we pass on him as well, we drafted him as a high risk, high reward player and he just hasn't progressed as I personally liked.

Donnelly: I have no clue what they think of Dillon. I have watched for the last few years and is a intriguing player and deserves an ELC IMO. But we already have a few shutdown defenders so do we need more?

Blandisi and Condon: Definitely will get ELC's.

Clarke: Like Moffat, he seems like a high risk, high reward type of player. Luckily enough was able to watch him a few times before he was drafted. During those games he had a very Downie-type of game and looked great. If he can figure out his consistency the numbers will come and with an ELC.
I wouldn't really consider Moffat high risk since he was drafted in the 7th round (I think).

Old
03-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Barklez

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/artic...winners/140166

Quote:
650 CKOM Most Valuable Player - Andrey Makarov
Northridge Developments Defenceman Of The Year - Darren Dietz + Duncan Siemens
92.9 The Bull Rookie Of The Year - Nelson Nogier
Dodge City Brian Skrudland Award (Best Defensive Forward) - Nathan Burns
Old Dutch Most Gentlemanly Player - Josh Nicholls
Saskatoon Tribal Council Community Minded Award - Duncan Siemens
Bentley Memorial Scholarship (Scholastic Player of the Year) - Nelson Nogier
Jackie McLeod Ambassador Award - Brenden Walker
ICR Hardest Hitter Award - Jessey Astles
Dickies WHL Hardest Working Player Award - Erik Benoit
Inland Steel 3 Star Award - Andrey Makarov
Fan Of The Year Award - Doug Wilson
Split of Defenceman of the Year, and Community Minded, other than MVP (not very realistic for a dman) you can't ask for much more from a kid.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:29 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I wouldn't really consider Moffat high risk since he was drafted in the 7th round (I think).
Yeah we all know he was a 7th round pick, I was just labeling him as that type of player.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
chet1926

Nice night for our OHL prospects:

Muers- 3G, 1A
Heard- 1G, 1A
Blandisi- 1G, 1A (this kid has been on a pts per game pace since getting traded to Ottawa, he is starting to become a somewhat interesting prospect with some offensive ability)

I think Heard and Muers both are playing for Lake Erie next season, Muers deserves a contract he has had a real solid year with 30G and 30A.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

closed , over 1000 posts .

plz continue in the new thread

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1373175

Closed Thread