HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
  #576
backrow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
New League

We who have been long time fans of Junior B hockey now need to spend a little more money and go watch OHL games at the nearest centre. And not pay to go watch the new Juvenile A League.

backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2015, 01:05 PM
  #577
BackBringCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemptville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
I blame George Strombolopolous for all that is wrong in the hockey world!

BackBringCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2015, 04:57 PM
  #578
Maple Leaf Forever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
New league announcement.......today is Thursday...What's the deal?

Maple Leaf Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
  #579
eyeinthesky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Forever View Post
New league announcement.......today is Thursday...What's the deal?
It would be really a disappointment imo,if this new league business happened.if it is not broke don't fix it.

eyeinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2015, 09:08 PM
  #580
hockeyfan2014
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Forever View Post
New league announcement.......today is Thursday...What's the deal?
Heard Jeff Snow on Lake 88.1 tonight on the Junior Hockey Show. Jeff said that the new CCHL2 league will start up in 2015-2016 and will consists of 16 teams. Jeff mentioned that the three teams that are not part of HEO will not make the CCHL2. Jeff specifically said that the two Quebec teams and Gananoque will not be invited. He also said that Almonte may be too close to maintain a franchise. Lots of talk about too many teams and not enough talented players to support 22 Junior B teams.

Also talk about affiliates that the CCHL will always be able to call up regardless of what is happening with the CCHL2 team. Jason Clarke mentioned that at some point this year they had 5 players missing from the roster due to injuries. Seems like the CCHL2 will be used to automatically have players available to fill in these situations. Sounds good for the CCHL, but what does the CCHL2 get out of it?

Wow, exciting times in Junior hockey in the HEO this year.

What do you think? Does anyone know more than what was on the show tonight?

hockeyfan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2015, 11:13 PM
  #581
Maple Leaf Forever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2014 View Post
Heard Jeff Snow on Lake 88.1 tonight on the Junior Hockey Show. Jeff said that the new CCHL2 league will start up in 2015-2016 and will consists of 16 teams. Jeff mentioned that the three teams that are not part of HEO will not make the CCHL2. Jeff specifically said that the two Quebec teams and Gananoque will not be invited. He also said that Almonte may be too close to maintain a franchise. Lots of talk about too many teams and not enough talented players to support 22 Junior B teams.

Also talk about affiliates that the CCHL will always be able to call up regardless of what is happening with the CCHL2 team. Jason Clarke mentioned that at some point this year they had 5 players missing from the roster due to injuries. Seems like the CCHL2 will be used to automatically have players available to fill in these situations. Sounds good for the CCHL, but what does the CCHL2 get out of it?

Wow, exciting times in Junior hockey in the HEO this year.

What do you think? Does anyone know more than what was on the show tonight?
Listened to Jeff as well and thought he did a great job of explaining what he knew.He was careful when he commented on some issues like what teams would be cut loose as he stated that was what he thought and had not been confirmed.That means 3 more teams will be cut to get to 16 from 22.Clarke lcommented the league will have no room for 20 or 21 year olds.Clarke was also selling the farm system aspect ( which exists now with AP's spread thru JB and MIdget AAA).......

So now u will have 16 teams of CJ cuts with no 20 or 21 year olds...Better hockey than we see now in JB ? I have heard from knowledgable hockey people that a veteran Cassleman team would beat bottom CJ teams now. Try to imagine the calibre of hockey in JRB now with no 20 or 21 olds well thats what you will watch next year in this new league.I think CJ teams can carry 6 .20 year olds....So the majority of 20 year olds and all 21 year olds have no place to play.Hockey is basically over except for the 72 that stay on with CJ teams in all of eastern Ontario and that is not factoring in that some of theses 20 year olds will be imports.That is simply wrong.
Now realize 6 communities with no junior hockey....GMs like Racine in Athens stated too many junior teams around and not enough talent to properly fill rosters....well take 20 and 21 year olds out....where are these players going to come from next year.
Now all 22 JRB have applied for new league..wonderful ..my question is Did they really have a choice?

Because of the CJ 's inability either to market their league or have strong enough rosters in all locations....keep in mind CP draws under 400 a game and nearly won a national championship last year the league introduces pay to play....I get it but now this new league will be charging as well....yes some JB do now...but that's why they are cutting out old players because a roster of younger players can be charged more....it all comes back to money.
The winners in this deal CJ teams ....the big losers teams lost, older junior players with no place to play and the fans.

Maple Leaf Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2015, 11:21 PM
  #582
scribeEOJHL
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Waiting in agony

Jeff Snow has it all correct. You can take his information to the bank. But the Thursday deadline came and went. The only thing that happened tonight is that the 22 teams who each put up $2000 to apply for a spot in the CCHL2 'Super League' must wait it out even longer to see who stays and who gets turfed. Word was sent out to all 22 clubs tonight that no decision has been reached yet. Will it be 16 teams in the CCHL2 when the dust settles? Very likely. But the HEO junior council has some serious matters to consider before all is said and done. For instance, if some franchise is deemed not fit for the CCHL2, will the branch or the CCHL be forced to buy them out for about $20G or more? Some people have even suggested that if certain long-standing Jr. B operators are told to step aside, they will consider legal action. Things could very well get messy.

scribeEOJHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 05:32 AM
  #583
Big Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribeEOJHL View Post
Jeff Snow has it all correct. You can take his information to the bank. But the Thursday deadline came and went. The only thing that happened tonight is that the 22 teams who each put up $2000 to apply for a spot in the CCHL2 'Super League' must wait it out even longer to see who stays and who gets turfed. Word was sent out to all 22 clubs tonight that no decision has been reached yet. Will it be 16 teams in the CCHL2 when the dust settles? Very likely. But the HEO junior council has some serious matters to consider before all is said and done. For instance, if some franchise is deemed not fit for the CCHL2, will the branch or the CCHL be forced to buy them out for about $20G or more? Some people have even suggested that if certain long-standing Jr. B operators are told to step aside, they will consider legal action. Things could very well get messy.
By the looks of it you are a GM or a team exec on RSL side as nobody else was privy to this type of info on M/V side about anything. My question now is if you apply to a league and are not accepted what gives you the right for legal action? Keep in mind all 22 applied and by doing this you are accepting the chance that you might not get accepted. I think that is a poor me syndrome

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 05:38 AM
  #584
Big Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Forever View Post
Listened to Jeff as well and thought he did a great job of explaining what he knew.He was careful when he commented on some issues like what teams would be cut loose as he stated that was what he thought and had not been confirmed.That means 3 more teams will be cut to get to 16 from 22.Clarke lcommented the league will have no room for 20 or 21 year olds.Clarke was also selling the farm system aspect ( which exists now with AP's spread thru JB and MIdget AAA).......

So now u will have 16 teams of CJ cuts with no 20 or 21 year olds...Better hockey than we see now in JB ? I have heard from knowledgable hockey people that a veteran Cassleman team would beat bottom CJ teams now. Try to imagine the calibre of hockey in JRB now with no 20 or 21 olds well thats what you will watch next year in this new league.I think CJ teams can carry 6 .20 year olds....So the majority of 20 year olds and all 21 year olds have no place to play.Hockey is basically over except for the 72 that stay on with CJ teams in all of eastern Ontario and that is not factoring in that some of theses 20 year olds will be imports.That is simply wrong.
Now realize 6 communities with no junior hockey....GMs like Racine in Athens stated too many junior teams around and not enough talent to properly fill rosters....well take 20 and 21 year olds out....where are these players going to come from next year.
Now all 22 JRB have applied for new league..wonderful ..my question is Did they really have a choice?

Because of the CJ 's inability either to market their league or have strong enough rosters in all locations....keep in mind CP draws under 400 a game and nearly won a national championship last year the league introduces pay to play....I get it but now this new league will be charging as well....yes some JB do now...but that's why they are cutting out old players because a roster of younger players can be charged more....it all comes back to money.
The winners in this deal CJ teams ....the big losers teams lost, older junior players with no place to play and the fans.
It has never been stated at anytime in the new league that there would not be an 20yr old players and as for the 21's you will lose eventually. I think this move of a new league will bring the triple B league out of the 80's and at least into the 20th century IMO its a great day in hky for the branch of HEO

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 08:29 AM
  #585
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
It has never been stated at anytime in the new league that there would not be an 20yr old players and as for the 21's you will lose eventually. I think this move of a new league will bring the triple B league out of the 80's and at least into the 20th century IMO its a great day in hky for the branch of HEO
Yep, great day for you. Get out the money printing machine because here it comes. You are about to wipe out Midget AAA hockey and move that revenue stream from non-profit minor hockey organizations to for-profit Jr A teams.

Our only hope is that someone from HEO extracts their head from their a$$ and gets 16 year old cards pulled form the CCHL and from the new CCHL II Super Deluxe Special Elite League.

valleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 12:52 PM
  #586
Jeff077
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Perth, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Let me 1st say this, I have been part of the EOJHL for about 25 years as a player, coach, manager, you name it in both Conferences.
I have long been a supporter of this league and part of me is sad to see it coming to an end in its current form.
That being said I do think there are too many Jr. teams, not just in HEO but all over the province.
I think that if the number that CCHL2 finally decides upon is 16 and that seems to be the consensus at this point, I think it is a good #.
It will be hard to see 6 teams no longer part of the circuit but I do believe at this point it is the right thing to do, the talent pool for all teams is limited and some teams are struggling to survive financially.
How they decide what teams are not part of the new league could be the hardest decision, but sometimes change is needed.
I don't know what the final rules will be in regards to the age limit but in my personal opinion I hope the OA player does not become extinct, reduce the # to 2 per team if you wish but hopefully they are still around, have no limits on your 20 year olds.
I hope it does not turn into a glorified Midget league/farm system to the CCHL Tier 1, just so they have their own controlled development league, similar to the USHL feeder system.
I hope the leagues can work together to make sure this does not happen because to me it would be a shame.
Some of the best, most interesting Jr. hockey in the area happens in the EOJHL in March and April when this league hits the final 4 and yes these teams "usually" have older rosters, not all of the time but it has helped in the past.
It will be interesting when everything becomes official, the teams are announced the divisions are announced, and everything that goes along with this becomes public knowledge, what will the feedback and response will be from fans of the EOJHL?
Whatever takes place behind closed doors over the next little while will shape to HEO Jr. hockey scene for years to come. Will it be for the better? Only time will decide that question.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 05:50 PM
  #587
hockeyfan2014
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Too many players in the EJOHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Let me 1st say this, I have been part of the EOJHL for about 25 years as a player, coach, manager, you name it in both Conferences.
I have long been a supporter of this league and part of me is sad to see it coming to an end in its current form.
That being said I do think there are too many Jr. teams, not just in HEO but all over the province.
I think that if the number that CCHL2 finally decides upon is 16 and that seems to be the consensus at this point, I think it is a good #.
It will be hard to see 6 teams no longer part of the circuit but I do believe at this point it is the right thing to do, the talent pool for all teams is limited and some teams are struggling to survive financially.
How they decide what teams are not part of the new league could be the hardest decision, but sometimes change is needed.
I don't know what the final rules will be in regards to the age limit but in my personal opinion I hope the OA player does not become extinct, reduce the # to 2 per team if you wish but hopefully they are still around, have no limits on your 20 year olds.
I hope it does not turn into a glorified Midget league/farm system to the CCHL Tier 1, just so they have their own controlled development league, similar to the USHL feeder system.
I hope the leagues can work together to make sure this does not happen because to me it would be a shame.
Some of the best, most interesting Jr. hockey in the area happens in the EOJHL in March and April when this league hits the final 4 and yes these teams "usually" have older rosters, not all of the time but it has helped in the past.
It will be interesting when everything becomes official, the teams are announced the divisions are announced, and everything that goes along with this becomes public knowledge, what will the feedback and response will be from fans of the EOJHL?
Whatever takes place behind closed doors over the next little while will shape to HEO Jr. hockey scene for years to come. Will it be for the better? Only time will decide that question.
Jeff077 and all the others who say that there are too many players in the EJOHL, I am wondering what your thought process is to defend this?

The EJOHL is spread out east to west from Char-Lan to Renfrew/Shawville and from Gatineau to Gananoque. Most of the teams outside of Ottawa take most of the players from their own area. It is not like Junior A where a player will travel to the ends of the earth to practice/play with his team regardless of the distance. I hear that in the EJOHL, many, many players refuse a trade or do not report to a team that is too far from them. There are exceptions like guys from Kanata traveling to Prescott, but it is usually a couple of guys that make it possible to car pool. Guys from Carleton Place/Almonte/Stittsville/Kanata would not play for Clarence Creek, but they would travel to Hawkesbury to play in the A.

It appears that the caliber of play really depends more on the hockey franchise as opposed to the total number of players available. Some teams recruit from all over Southern Ontario for new guys and some do not do much recruiting at all.

If people are really interested in increasing the caliber of players in the EOJHL, why kill the league? Why not have the league executive actually promote the league outside of Eastern Ontario? There has been no promoting of this league for years at the helm of the present executive, who seem to be stuck in the last century.

After all the EOJHL is not recognized as the second best Junior B league for the poor caliber of players in the league.

hockeyfan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 07:57 PM
  #588
eyeinthesky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
some of us remember the bruins,settlers,jr.b 73's,mixed in with tikis,aeros and the re-born rideaus.fantastic games and rivalry's then.but most younger fans don't know unless they're history buffs.how many people will remember this in 30 years.anyway it still sucks as far as i am concerned.goodbye old friend,hello cchl2 and good luck!

eyeinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 11:48 PM
  #589
hockeyfan2014
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Playoffs

So I heard tonight that Renfrew will do what it takes to play Arnprior in the first round of the playoffs. Look for them to win or lose to ensure that they play Arnprior versus Shawville or Stittsville.

hockeyfan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2015, 12:04 AM
  #590
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants
 
shiftycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2014 View Post
So I heard tonight that Renfrew will do what it takes to play Arnprior in the first round of the playoffs. Look for them to win or lose to ensure that they play Arnprior versus Shawville or Stittsville.
So what are you saying? Renfrew is going tank? Arnprior is 16-5-1-0 in their past 22 games and has not shown any signs of slowing down.... when they have their full lineup in they don't lose. They will finish in either 3rd or 2nd in the division so I highly doubt they are going to play Renfrew.

Besides, Renfrew would have a much better chance if they got Stittsville or Shawville in the 1st round as they won't be able to beat Arnprior and Plaschy in a 7 game series.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2015, 09:16 AM
  #591
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftycanuck View Post
So what are you saying? Renfrew is going tank? Arnprior is 16-5-1-0 in their past 22 games and has not shown any signs of slowing down.... when they have their full lineup in they don't lose. They will finish in either 3rd or 2nd in the division so I highly doubt they are going to play Renfrew.

Besides, Renfrew would have a much better chance if they got Stittsville or Shawville in the 1st round as they won't be able to beat Arnprior and Plaschy in a 7 game series.
I thought Renfrew could win it all but they have not been great lately. Was anyone there last night that can comment. Did they actually have 12 skaters playing ???

valleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2015, 12:41 PM
  #592
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants
 
shiftycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
I thought Renfrew could win it all but they have not been great lately. Was anyone there last night that can comment. Did they actually have 12 skaters playing ???
Just saw the box score, rare time of the season to only have 12 skaters dressed???

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2015, 01:48 PM
  #593
hockey91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftycanuck View Post
Just saw the box score, rare time of the season to only have 12 skaters dressed???
Injuries.

hockey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2015, 04:03 PM
  #594
Big Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftycanuck View Post
So what are you saying? Renfrew is going tank? Arnprior is 16-5-1-0 in their past 22 games and has not shown any signs of slowing down.... when they have their full lineup in they don't lose. They will finish in either 3rd or 2nd in the division so I highly doubt they are going to play Renfrew.

Besides, Renfrew would have a much better chance if they got Stittsville or Shawville in the 1st round as they won't be able to beat Arnprior and Plaschy in a 7 game series.
I was at the game and they did have 12 but Renfrew was trailing 2-1 after 40 and then ran out of gas but did dominate the 2nd period. I would beg to differ about Arnprior can't lose with a full line up as they lost last week to Renfrew 4-2 and Renfrew were missing 2 of their top 6fwds in that game. I don't see Renfrew playing strong right now but I hope and think they will pull it back together and be just fine and back on track

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:47 AM
  #595
KL14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Getting Ready for the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
I was at the game and they did have 12 but Renfrew was trailing 2-1 after 40 and then ran out of gas but did dominate the 2nd period. I would beg to differ about Arnprior can't lose with a full line up as they lost last week to Renfrew 4-2 and Renfrew were missing 2 of their top 6fwds in that game. I don't see Renfrew playing strong right now but I hope and think they will pull it back together and be just fine and back on track
Arnprior outplayed Renfrew last week and Gagne stood on his head. He stole the game for them. When the playoffs roll around, Arnprior will go with a shortened bench when required with their top lines and top D getting the bulk of the playing time. Renfrew plays a short bench all year using their top six forwards 80% of the time.

Against Arnprior, when Renfrew won 4-2, there were two players from Renfrew who had 2 shifts or less the entire game and a couple of others, 3 to 4 shifts only.

Renfrew was short one top forward but Arnprior, as they have most of the year, rolled their lines.

Renfrew is a very good team, but playing every second night during the playoffs tends to take its toll. I agree, Renfrew will be back on track for the playoffs, but every team they will play will switch to their playoff bench, and that's what is going to make it interesting.

I would say that Renfrew is still the odds on favourite to win the Valley, but it is not going to be cake walk.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:52 PM
  #596
Sens123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Harrison vs Cunningham

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vadYBaup82Y&sns=fb

Sens123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.