HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Patrick Marleau Future HHOF?

View Poll Results: Patrick Marleau Future HHOF?
Yes 9 6.00%
No 100 66.67%
Possibly, but not first ballot 26 17.33%
Too early to tell 15 10.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-10-2013, 04:16 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

vCash: 500
Given that he's 33, there's basically no chance he makes it to the hof when he retires. The only way he'd garner any consideration whatsoever is if he wins a cup AND the conn smythe (no way he'll win any other individual award).

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
I would never compare Marleau to Gartner. Mike was much better than Marleau.

Now i am jut pissing at you cause you are starting to irk me.

If someone ask's that does Marleau belong to the Hall of Fame and i give an opinion that he does not and show the reasoning, how am i taking a piss at Marleau?

The dude literally maxed out as a PPG forward. All-Star games mean nothing, All-Star selections mean a lot. Marleau has none.

I get that Hardware is not the most important thing but when player has ONLY 2 top-10 goal finishes and nothing else to show for, it is bound to come up in a discussion about HOF worthiness.

Of course he has peak in a sense that every player peaks. I meant that the level he peaked in was never considered the leagues top-5 which is important when thinking about HOF credentials.

There is nothing wrong with Marleau falling short of the Hall. He never was a player projected to be there and he has had a very impressive career.There is also nothing wrong saying Marleau does not belong in the Hall.
There is nothing wrong with saying he doesn't belong in the hof, but when you post multiple times saying essentially the same thing, you look like you have it out for the guy.

And I would hope you wouldn't take a piss at Marleau...

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Hall of Very Good
This.

I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat, but when I think HOF I don't think "stripped of the C".

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote