HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Smith

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2017, 12:36 PM
  #26
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
I agree Jarnkrok is the weakest of the three and is just getting manhandled in this Duck series. I would give Jarnkrok up before I did Wilson or Smith. He seriously will need to put on some more weight/size and muscle next year if he is in our lineup. We are seriously weak down the middle/center position and will need to get bigger and stronger centermen in the near future.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 01:14 PM
  #27
Mortiest Morty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
Eh, I'd still rather keep Jarnkrok than either of the others. He's still very useful defensively and on the PK. And you can bump him to wing if the team ever gets better options at center. He'd be fine as a third line winger that can occasionally chip in offensively, at least in the regular season. At least when he isn't scoring he's providing solid defense and helping on the penalty kill. But like I said, not really a big deal no matter who they choose.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 01:20 PM
  #28
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds
 
Scoresberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
A little stat searching. Wilson outscored both Smith and Jarnkrok in less games this season.

Last season both Smith and Jarnkrok outscored Wilson, with Wilson playing less games.

The season before that, Smith barely outscored Wilson with a few more games played and both killed Jarnkrok in scoring that year.

Playoffs

14-15
Smith and Wilson even in points at 5 in 6 games. Jarnkrok with 2 in 6 games.
15-16
Wilson 13 points in 14 games. Smith 2 in 11 games. Jarnkrok 1 in 14 games.
16-17
Wilson 4 in 11 games. Jarnkrok 2 in 14 games. Smith 1 in 4 games.

Calle is the best defensively out of the 3. Wilson is the best on the puck in the corners. Smith probably has the most hustle and physicality of the three although Wilson does not get bullied off the puck.

Calle has 3 points in 28 game in the playoffs, one of which is an empty net goal.

Wilson is a guy that wins you games in the playoffs. To me this is an easy decision between the three. Wilson, Smith and then Jarnkrok, in that order of who I'd keep. And to me it's a no brainer. And anyone who says contract plays in to this, I don't want a soft center in Krok during the playoffs. He is just not a playoff warrior. He's a good player but he's replaceable. His contract doesn't make up for his inadequacies on the ice.
Couldn't agree more on Willy. But for me it's a toss-up between Jarnkrok and Smith.

Scoresberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 01:21 PM
  #29
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Eh, I'd still rather keep Jarnkrok than either of the others. He's still very useful defensively and on the PK. And you can bump him to wing if the team ever gets better options at center. He'd be fine as a third line winger that can occasionally chip in offensively, at least in the regular season. At least when he isn't scoring he's providing solid defense and helping on the penalty kill. But like I said, not really a big deal no matter who they choose.
I agree he is better defensively and on the PK than either Wilson or Smith but offensively and as a centerman he is getting manhandled and prevents us from generating a scoring line. Wilson and Smith are better at helping to keep the puck in the offensive zone and generating scoring chances. So I guess if you prefer defense and someone blocking shots and getting the puck out of our end then Jarnkrok would be your man but if you are wanting to generate offense and scoring chances then Wilson or Smith would be better. Imo Jarnkrok's size limits him offensively and if he just gained some weight and put some muscles on that might help him not get so manhandled especially by physical teams like Anaheim.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 01:22 PM
  #30
TitansVolsPreds615
Registered User
 
TitansVolsPreds615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I agree Jarnkrok is the weakest of the three and is just getting manhandled in this Duck series. I would give Jarnkrok up before I did Wilson or Smith. He seriously will need to put on some more weight/size and muscle next year if he is in our lineup. We are seriously weak down the middle/center position and will need to get bigger and stronger centermen in the near future.
kam, trenin, edjsell

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 01:36 PM
  #31
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
kam, trenin, edjsell
Who are three players without an ounce of tangible pro experience who could become Austin Watson as easily as they could solve our center woes, Alex?

I'm fine losing Jarnkrok, as I think Smith and Wilson are much better for the types of playoff series we see in the West, but we will need to trade for or sign a 2/3 center in the off-season. Edjsell and Trenin need Milwaukee seasoning and relying on Kamenev for anything more than a bottom 6 role is a recipe for disaster.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 08:11 PM
  #32
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
I honestly don't care too much who they lose to expansion. They're all far from irreplaceable. I'd rather lose Smith because he has the worst contract and only gets worse every year, but I won't lose sleep over any of them playing in Vegas.
I didn't always feel this way, but I definitely do now. We have so much more forward depth than we used to have, losing any of those guys will not be the end of the world. Especially if we go out and add a top 6 center like I think we might.

But I do agree on Wilson, he is the guy I would like to keep over the other 2.

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 08:32 PM
  #33
TitansVolsPreds615
Registered User
 
TitansVolsPreds615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Who are three players without an ounce of tangible pro experience who could become Austin Watson as easily as they could solve our center woes, Alex?

I'm fine losing Jarnkrok, as I think Smith and Wilson are much better for the types of playoff series we see in the West, but we will need to trade for or sign a 2/3 center in the off-season. Edjsell and Trenin need Milwaukee seasoning and relying on Kamenev for anything more than a bottom 6 role is a recipe for disaster.
Just saying the current heirs apparent to the position all have nice size.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 08:52 PM
  #34
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Just saying the current heirs apparent to the position all have nice size.
Now that is definitely true. Hopefully they play to their size.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.