HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2&3 lines

Old
10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
MESSY11

vCash: 500
2&3 lines

I don't think we have the correct line combinations especially with the 2&3 lines. You need 2nd liners on the 2nd line and 3rd liners on the 3 line this is not EA sports you don't just put your top rated players to fill out the lines. Wolski is not a 3-4 liners if he is then he does not belong on your team he is wether u like it or not a top 6 forward.. dubinsky should be on the 2nd line with cally and anisimov. Fedotetnko is a 3rd liner and nothing higher put him back where he belongs. LW on the first line could be any player other then dubinsky because it upsets the other 2 lines. We can put either boyle or wolski on the 1st line it don't matter who's there as long as they don't get in the way of gaby and rich. All I'm saying is that every player needs to play on their correct place. 3rd line is an energy line a deffensive line players on the 3rd line need to forcheck hard, be savy and put some pressure on the other teams better player by forchecking and hitting.. you can not put all of your underacheivers on the 3-4th line because those lines have a specific purpose in the game wich allows yuor top 2 lines to function properly. Zuch is not a 3rd liner he is either top 6 or hartfort. Prust is a typical 3rd liner not 4th so is Avery (I agree with the move if he can't be allowed to be who he is then he is useless although I loved watching him). Let's get some big guys for the 4th don't understand letting weise go he would be perfect 3-4th liners just don't get it. Sorry for the long post but I needed to get this off my chest

Last edited by MESSY11: 10-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.
MESSY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
NYRangers16

Except that you are wrong - a line of skill players is less effective than a line that is balanced. Also our 4th line is our checking line and our second is a combo of a scoring/shutdown line...so that 3rd line really is secondary scoring.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 50
First off - some punctuation would really make that wall of text easier to read.

Secondly - Who cares if we don't follow the whole "3rd line is checking, 2nd is scoring" philosophy? Our 2nd line can score and go against the other team's top line. Also, our 4th line can match up well against any line. We don't need another shutdown line.

Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello didn't have a good game today, but they did show some chemistry last season. We don't need to load up this line with checkers because we already have two very good defensive lines. As long as they don't get stuck out there against any powerhouse top-lines, we'll be fine with them as our 3rd line.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:00 PM
IAMREALITY

Your post gave me a headache.

Brutal.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSY11 View Post
I don't think we have the correct line combinations especially with the 2&3 lines. You need 2nd liners on the 2nd line and 3rd liners on the 3 line this is not EA sports you don't just put your top rated players to fill out the lines. Wolski is not a 3-4 liners if he is then he does not belong on your team he is wether u like it or not a top 6 forward.. dubinsky should be on the 2nd line with cally and anisimov. Fedotetnko is a 3rd liner and nothing higher put him back where he belongs. LW on the first line could be any player other then dubinsky because it upsets the other 2 lines. We can put either boyle or wolski on the 1st line it don't matter who's there as long as they don't get in the way of gaby and rich. All I'm saying is that every player needs to play on their correct place. 3rd line is an energy line a deffensive line players on the 3rd line need to forcheck hard, be savy and put some pressure on the other teams better player by forchecking and hitting.. you can not put all of your underacheivers on the 3-4th line because those lines have a specific purpose in the game wich allows yuor top 2 lines to function properly. Zuch is not a 3rd liner he is either top 6 or hartfort. Prust is a typical 3rd liner not 4th so is Avery (I agree with the move if he can't be allowed to be who he is then he is useless although I loved watching him). Let's get some big guys for the 4th don't understand letting weise go he would be perfect 3-4th liners just don't get it. Sorry for the long post but I needed to get this off my chest
Long post is ok, just don't be afraid of the hard returns to the next line, delineate your thoughts...

Agree on Dubi back w/AA+ Cally.
Until we get someone better, would consider Fedontenko w/Richards + Gabby. Don't think he has enough in the tank for a whole season, but he's ok there for now, Boyle an ok alternate, w/Hagelin in Boyle's place.

I'll give him a chance cause he works hard, but I need more results from MZA.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
blueshirtbolt

i like feds where he is. Dubi looks well on first line too imo. I do think though that there needs to be less chopping and changing than last season. Let the lines find some chemistry rather than cut them off before they can do so.

blueshirtbolt is offline   Reply With Quote