HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes vs. Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 10.8.2011.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM
  #51
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
I was going to type out a rant on MP over Johannson.

It's a new season, so BB is getting a pass for now. Only happy thoughts.

It appears Carolina was saving themselves for us tonight after last nights performance.

Off to Verizon soon. Hoping for a good song in the intro video. But if we are going to keep with wrestling entrance music, maybe we can get HHH's "Time to Play the Game"

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:35 PM
  #52
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Well intellectual integrity says that it was the right thing to do with MoJo/MP.
Uh, okay. I was referring to the fact that he doesn't form his opinions based on earnest analysis, but to fit an already established agenda. Of course, that applies to you as well. And most people here to some extent, but he is particularly blatant and egregious.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:47 PM
  #53
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
I was going to type out a rant on MP over Johannson.

It's a new season, so BB is getting a pass for now. Only happy thoughts.

It appears Carolina was saving themselves for us tonight after last nights performance.

Off to Verizon soon. Hoping for a good song in the intro video. But if we are going to keep with wrestling entrance music, maybe we can get HHH's "Time to Play the Game"
No rant to write there.....just plain overplaying the other in camp and preseason.....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:50 PM
  #54
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
It's like saying the sun is bright.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:59 PM
  #55
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
No rant to write there.....just plain overplaying the other in camp and preseason.....
I have seen enough to know MP is not a special player. He is an undersized guy, who doesn't play defense.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
  #56
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,641
vCash: 500
Ovy playing for sure, right?

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:10 PM
  #57
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,903
vCash: 500
back in from a day of travel. interesting news. never a dull moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Going 4 seasons with basically not being accountable and then the 5th season saying "were going to be accountable now" isnt going to work.
this makes perfect sense. you want to the coach to do something that he hasnt been doing. he does it and you say thats wrong.

i know. the only way to get accountability is to start with a fresh coach. nothing this coach does can be right

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:16 PM
  #58
Backstrom #19
Fire them all
 
Backstrom #19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Savannah Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,232
vCash: 500
People are really complaining because Boudreau is playing the players who had the better training camp?



Please hurry up 7 o'clock.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
  #59
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 15,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Ovy playing for sure, right?
He's backing up Neuvirth tonight.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:29 PM
  #60
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
Caps scratch Johansson?

it cannot be...





I hope perrault scores three goals tonight. Just for the board reaction.

"Mojo would have scored 4"

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
  #61
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
I hope perrault scores three goals tonight. Just for the board reaction.

"Mojo would have scored 4"
If Perreault nets 3 tonight we can expect nothing for the rest of the month.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
  #62
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Well if were doing accountability by production MoJo should have never seen the ice in the later half of the season.
Did you mean Backstrom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Going 4 seasons with basically not being accountable and then the 5th season saying "were going to be accountable now" isnt going to work.
Why, just curious? Didn't majority of us *****ed and preached the "accountability" thing... Now we got it, lets see how it goes, no?

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:39 PM
  #63
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Why, just curious? Didn't majority of us *****ed and preached the "accountability" thing... Now we got it, lets see how it goes, no?
Probably the same way, "stay angry", "play defense" and all their other yearly mantras went. Accountability is about as basic as it gets and I'd assume everyone here imagined it was implied all those years. I wonder what next year's is gonna be. "Pivot when doing a backwards crossover"?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
  #64
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Probably the same way, "stay angry", "play defense" and all their other yearly mantras went. Accountability is about as basic as it gets and I'd assume everyone here imagined it was implied all those years. I wonder what next year's is gonna be. "Pivot when doing a backwards crossover"?
Probably "No Cup Hangover Allowed"

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
  #65
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Probably "No Cup Hangover Allowed"
I hate to admit it but you sir are on a roll

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
  #66
Cappy76
Registered User
 
Cappy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London, Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
We're in for an interesting season thats for sure. Bruce has been *****ed out on these boards for the last few years because he wasnt holding the players accountable for their play and actions off ice (practice). Then I even remember hearing people calling for his head because when our stars were misfiring he wasnt putting different players in there place. Then even remember reading that this team was full of a bunch of rockstars that thought they didnt need to come to practice and that was on the coach to make them do it.

Fast forward from there to this season and season opener you have the goalie who outplayed the other getting the start and MJ getting scratched after being out played by MP and now you hear only about how thats stupid they should be playing MJ and TVo because they're the guys that are expected to be there. Bruce is just going to be *****ed about because its fun for you guys to do.

I agree with everything thats been done for this game as far as our line up. The only issue I have at this point is the way it was handled as far as letting TVo know what was going to happen Game 1. It should have been something that was addressed with him by Bruce. This is going to be a touchy subject all year long because IMO Washington is becoming an extreamly attractive destination for vet UFA's and if TVo isnt handled well then we're going to become less attractive for those UFA's.

end rant go Caps!!
Enjoy the season Ladies and Gents!


Last edited by Cappy76: 10-08-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Stupidity
Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:45 PM
  #67
kicksavedave
yeahright
 
kicksavedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine CA
Country: United States
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Probably the same way, "stay angry", "play defense" and all their other yearly mantras went. Accountability is about as basic as it gets and I'd assume everyone here imagined it was implied all those years. I wonder what next year's is gonna be. "Pivot when doing a backwards crossover"?
I believe "Pivot when doing a backwards crossover" was the central theme of those great Oilers teams of the 80s. We should try it!

kicksavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:45 PM
  #68
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,702
vCash: 500
So if they failed before does it mean they shouldn't say or try anything?

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:48 PM
  #69
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,903
vCash: 500
pucknbooks dancing in the streets today?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:49 PM
  #70
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
I have seen enough to know MP is not a special player. He is an undersized guy, who doesn't play defense.
Wait till you see a consistent Perreault before crying wolf.

If Perreault can play like he did at frequent occasions last season and maintian what he did, yes he is a special player....in any case just as much as MoJo no doubt whatsoever and maybe you should talk about Backstrom.

He is small, but he is shifty and at least can win a few faceoffs and can score.

I don't think it is far fetched to think that a 23 YO can get consistency at some point and be helpful to the Caps.

For now he is the 2nd best C on your team according to BB.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
  #71
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
back in from a day of travel. interesting news. never a dull moment.



this makes perfect sense. you want to the coach to do something that he hasnt been doing. he does it and you say thats wrong.

i know. the only way to get accountability is to start with a fresh coach. nothing this coach does can be right
I didnt say it was wrong, I said it wouldnt work. Someone on the canes forums said Bruce should be benched and I loled. Accountability for all!

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
  #72
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
I didnt say it was wrong, I said it wouldnt work. Someone on the canes forums said Bruce should be benched and I loled. Accountability for all!
Why?

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
  #73
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
So far as I can see, none of them said anything about BB. They all wish their coach could be benched.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
  #74
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,106
vCash: 500
Boucher to start.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:10 PM
  #75
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Boucher to start.
ward must be having nightmares about semin

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.