HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Stars 2 - Hawks 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2011, 10:56 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

vCash: 500
Lehtonen looked great. Hawks D was subpar. Hope for a rebound Game 2!!!

Old
10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Illinihockey

That was just one of those games. Leghtonen was great, can't do much about that

Old
10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Sevanston

Y'all for Yakupov?

Old
10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
ObeyMashinter

Leddy, Crawford, Kane, Olesz all looked pretty good. Sharp looked a little off but his effort was good.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
D was sub par for sure. Looked like last year quite often, which isn't too good. Frolik was Frolik. The guy has never, nor will he ever, be a finisher. I know his salary is blah blah blah and he is a value and will get 15 goals. So will my neighbor's dog wearing skates with open nets to hit. The year starts with me disliking him even more. But it is only game #1.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:19 PM
ObeyMashinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
D was sub par for sure. Looked like last year quite often, which isn't too good. Frolik was Frolik. The guy has never, nor will he ever, be a finisher. I know his salary is blah blah blah and he is a value and will get 15 goals. So will my neighbor's dog wearing skates with open nets to hit. The year starts with me disliking him even more. But it is only game #1.
Frolik.................. new whipping boy possibilities?

Old
10-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

He is forever in my book. But there is plenty of man love here to support him. He couldn't chop wood with those hands. He and Stalberg went to the same 'finishing' school.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Frolik missed but the chance wasn't some gimme like Pirri

Frolik was in awkward position to begin with and his shot was off because of how he had to shoot

Old
10-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Illinihockey

Someone needs to go after Ott, he took quite a few runs at guys tonight. I wonder if they won't dress Scott tomorrow instead of 7 defenseman.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

I absolutely hate Ott. Classless player.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:52 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Frolik missed but the chance wasn't some gimme like Pirri

Frolik was in awkward position to begin with and his shot was off because of how he had to shoot
True but that one you'd like a goal scorer to score on, especially with his team in dire need of it. He frustrates me becuase at times you can see the talent.

Old
10-07-2011, 11:55 PM
BEL4SEPICMULLET

Hossa.....8 shots on net! You gotta love that effort even though he wasn't rewarded. Hopefully he starts (and continues) like he did last year....

Old
10-08-2011, 12:20 AM
HawksTillDeath

random points for the game

Hossa was a beast

is it me or does kane look taller and bigger? he has definitaley raised his game

leddy looked good.. but still don't like the pairing for leddy and keith together - other teams take too many shots at them

montador looked good when he was on D (the couple shifts) and i think when he eventually settles down he will be a good signing

a lot of bouncing pucks killed us IMO. but our overall D did look pretty horrible

pirri looked good, saad looked good on D but a little lost on O

Chicago could of easily won this game (2 open nets, PP's, etc)

i don't care when Q changes the lines but come on. its one game into the season and he's already shuffling

they got better as the game went on for sure

Crawford is obviously the real deal

Depth hurt us today because we weren't able to roll lines.. it was a constant shuffling of the deck.. we will look better when bolland, carcillo, smith get back

Lehtonen played out of this world..

bottom line

the individuals were good tonight but lacked the constancy and cohesiveness that will get better over time
it was a very sloppy bad game and we only lost 2-1

Old
10-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Erick

Did Olesz play well?

Old
10-08-2011, 12:43 AM
icekoob

Had to miss this one for work unfortunately.

Everyone's saying the D was terrible. IMO last season and coming into this one I'm more worried offensively. We are pretty stacked offensively yet we haven't been able to put it in the net.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:46 AM
luongo321

Watched the game. Oh man, Kane is so dangerous. I wish players on the Canucks could dangle and hold onto the puck like him.

Old
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Anybody wanna tell me how Hoss was tonight? Obviously didn't score, but I checked the box score and it said he had 6 shots by the 2nd period.

Looking good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
random points for the game

Hossa was a beast
lol thanks!

Old
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
PP cost us a point. They need to replace Keith with Seabs on the PP.
More like Keith needs to get his **** together or this team isn't going to make the playoffs.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:57 AM
LandofLincoln

Hawks looked fine tonight. Knocked off the rust. They had more shots on goal than the stars.

Leghtonen stole a game for Dallas.

Crawford was average. 2 goals hard to blame him. Crawford probably would say it wasn't a good game. no worries Bolland is back tomorrow

Old
10-08-2011, 01:00 AM
HMP

Why does it take 2 periods to figure out what the lines should be. This is why you have pre-season.Seriously Kane at center? Look I know he is good but he is better at wing. What was the top line last year when the Hawks went on a 8 game win streak? It was SHARP TOEWS KANE. Remember Frolik missing that open net? Wouldn't happen if that was Sharp or Kane on that wing. Just put the STK line together for the whole year kinda like Ryan Getzlaf Perry. I know people want to "spread it out" but sometimes that negates chemistry.

For line 2 I would put Brunette Pirri and Hossa together. Pirri and Hossa had some chemistry in pre-season.

Put Bickell Bolland Frolik together for line 3 tomorrow.

Smith Mayers Saad for line 4.

Put Keith and Seabs back together. Leddy and Hjalmarsson for D2 and Montador and Lepisto for D3.

Last night we start off with Kane at center. Didn't last
Last night we start off with Sharp on his off wing. Didn't last.

I don't know. I just think we should go with some more stability. Lets go with what we know works. Guys played certain roles last year. Don't put players in different roles. It messes things up. Just my 2 cents.

Other than that I thought we played better as game went on but we just couldnt finish. I hated how we started though.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:28 AM
EmeticDonut

They lost the first game of the season, NO PLAYOFFS!

They ran into a hot goalie and combined with the off-season rust, especially on the overhauled defensive corps, it was to be expected that they wouldn't look all too sharp. Dallas also seems to always be a tough team for the Hawks to play. Take it back at home tonight and get the ball rolling.

Old
10-08-2011, 08:00 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMP View Post
Why does it take 2 periods to figure out what the lines should be. This is why you have pre-season.Seriously Kane at center? Look I know he is good but he is better at wing. What was the top line last year when the Hawks went on a 8 game win streak? It was SHARP TOEWS KANE. Remember Frolik missing that open net? Wouldn't happen if that was Sharp or Kane on that wing. Just put the STK line together for the whole year kinda like Ryan Getzlaf Perry. I know people want to "spread it out" but sometimes that negates chemistry.

For line 2 I would put Brunette Pirri and Hossa together. Pirri and Hossa had some chemistry in pre-season.

Put Keith and Seabs back together. Leddy and Hjalmarsson for D2 and Montador and Lepisto for D3.

I don't know. I just think we should go with some more stability. Lets go with what we know works. Guys played certain roles last year. Don't put players in different roles. It messes things up. Just my 2 cents.

Other than that I thought we played better as game went on but we just couldnt finish. I hated how we started though.
Your opening paragraph makes a good point. Go with what works! Coach Q.....has a few guys out: Bolland, Stalberg, and Carcillo and it is only game 1 --However all the experiments he does...Guys trying to figure out their roles, line changes --I get it. Some of it has to be done and is good coaching. Some of it is reason to start games out very slowly with no goals.

I bet we net 2 goals in the first period today!

Old
10-08-2011, 08:06 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

My observations:

Defense wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good.
Offense had many chances but no finishing...especially with Frolik (looked like Stalberg)
Pirri had good chances.
Hossa was very good, as usual.
Toews was good defensively.
Kane did nothing too special but over deke everywhere.
Crow looked super strong.
PP needs to be better, PK looked alright.
STK line is lethal, but I really wanna see coach Q try and make Kane at center work for another game.
Saad was OK.
Keith was better, but had that turnover that led to the goal, which was brutal.

Overall, I honestly hope tonight looks nothing like last night.

Old
10-08-2011, 08:08 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMP View Post

I agree. And Leddy has improved A LOT imo. I think he'd be able to hold his own with Hjalmarsson.

Old
10-08-2011, 08:29 AM
RollingPuck

Outhit 37-19. Looks like we added superfine sandpaper in the offseason.

Closed Thread