HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars 2 - Hawks 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Yeah not understanding why Seabrook is scorned in that post ,, I would say Seabs had 2nd best game behind Leddy on D

For those saying "Put the STK line together" I say no. As great as that line can be it weakens rest of our lineup

Hossa needs some talent to play with

Go back with Kane/Toews and Sharp/Hossa.... Our LW depth sucks like always but we are better team when we can role those 2 lines

Also Q needs to stop the Leddy/Keith and Seabs/Hammer pairings... DOnt work

Put 2-7 back together and 8-4 together

Old
10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
I only listened because I was at work. It sounded like Keith was in last year's terrible form with several turnovers.

It also sounded like Kane and Hossa may explode if they are kept together. Of course, Q doesn't have the patience to keep any line together, so...

Old
10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Keith looks like last year, the bad DK. His Norris year looks a fluke.

Old
10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
EmeticDonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Pathetic effort. Lehtonen on fire? Yes he was very good and the Hawks shot like crap. Easy to stop shots when you're shooting center mass. Hell, we can get the posters who play here to do that. The quality chances were muffed AGAIN! Just like most of preseason. No finish Frolik.... again. Hossa with 8 shots, most center mass. Lets see, assuming 80 games thats what 560 sog and 0 goals for the year. Sweet. Looks like he and the rest of the team should stay on the ice for shooting practice b/c they probably couldnt hit any target plates if the lives depended on it.
Brilliant! And the Hawks will go 0-82-0 for the rest of the year, right?

Old
10-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Except he could have easily been Norris finalist for his 08-09 season

1 game does not a season make ,, Keith looked much better in preseason so a bad debut to season isn't end of world and sign of things to come

Old
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
So you walk away from that game, where there were plenty of legitimate concerns and players to be held accountable, wanting to kick Seabrook in the face for his 3 minutes of powerplay time on the second unit? To each his own I guess, but it seems to me to be reaching for a reason to hate on Seabrook if that is what you take away from that game.
The PP is the main reason I want to kick seabrook in the face, but its not like he played very well outside of that. He committed at least two horrible turnovers that crawford fortunately bailed him out on.

That said, Seabrook has no business on any PP unit if he's going to play like he did last night. Though, as I said, its hard to judge the players on the PP at all because its so bad and predictable.

EDIT: On one of the Stars' goals(i think the first?), seabrook was standing in front of our net screening crawford and not covering anyone.

Last edited by madgoat33: 10-08-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old
10-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
The PP is the main reason I want to kick seabrook in the face, but its not like he played very well outside of that. He committed at least two horrible turnovers that crawford fortunately bailed him out on.

That said, Seabrook has no business on any PP unit if he's going to play like he did last night. Though, as I said, its hard to judge the players on the PP at all because its so bad and predictable.

EDIT: On one of the Stars' goals(i think the first?), seabrook was standing in front of our net screening crawford and not covering anyone.
Rewatch the game because your seeing what you want to believe on not the actual games

Old
10-08-2011, 02:17 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Rewatch the game because your seeing what you want to believe on not the actual games
I doubt it because I like seabrook. I was just really underwhelmed by his play. In fact, I don't think there's any Hawk I dislike right now except maybe Carcillo.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Marotte Marauder

Win or lose, last night was only one game. The disappointing part to anyone who was expecting a difference from last season's efforts.

PP same weak side play, no improvement/change.

PK same soft shell system, no improvement/change.

Frolik still not a finisher, Keith is in 2010-11 mode, new d-men worse than those who left, Bolland is made of glass-all things I expected, so no disappoitnment.

Kane off the Toews line will Johnny's offensive output for this season, Kane's will go up.

My expectations are for this team to squeak into the playoffs again, so last night was just 1 game.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

It's one ****ing game. What is wrong with some of you?

Old
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Lets try to keep things a bit in perspective too though.

-We were missing 4 players (Carcillo, Bolland, Smith, Stalberg)
-As a result of that, we didn't even have a full 4th line to roll in the game, only skating 11 forwards
-This was Sharps first action of any kind for the season, so he is going to be rusty

We were a couple plays away from winning that one anyway, even with all those handicaps. We had some good puck-possession stretches and I think we will do better tonight. We do need our injured players back and Carcillo back from suspension and we can start to have some fun this season.

Going to the game tonight and am really excited for it. I hope Bolland plays, but either way I think we have a big game in front of the home crowd.
+1 and I'm going as well

Old
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Yeah there was no one in front of Crawford on that goal. That was actually part of the problem on that, the guy was able to wind up for a slapper from the top of the circle unimpeded. Was just a hard knuckler that beat Crawford, which is going to happen a lot at that level when a guy gets a free shot from that area.

I will not wring my hands or panic or make any sweeping judgements based on one game, let alone the very first of the season. This team has yet to win the first game of the season under Quenneville. It happens. There are things that need to be tightened up, improved, changed, but it was Game 1 out of 82, on the road, against a team this organization has struggled against for whatever reason even in the best of times.

Tonight is important for these guys. Not be all, end all, but important. It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back. But again, it's early. Yes, these games count, the points count, but let's all step off the ledge a bit and give this team a chance to come together and play a few games before really starting to legitimately worry about anything.

Old
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Pathetic effort. Lehtonen on fire? Yes he was very good and the Hawks shot like crap. Easy to stop shots when you're shooting center mass. Hell, we can get the posters who play here to do that. The quality chances were muffed AGAIN! Just like most of preseason. No finish Frolik.... again. Hossa with 8 shots, most center mass. Lets see, assuming 80 games thats what 560 sog and 0 goals for the year. Sweet. Looks like he and the rest of the team should stay on the ice for shooting practice b/c they probably couldnt hit any target plates if the lives depended on it.
Yup... this is completely reasonable.

Old
10-08-2011, 03:38 PM
madgoat33

doubled

Last edited by madgoat33: 10-08-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old
10-08-2011, 03:42 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Yeah there was no one in front of Crawford on that goal. That was actually part of the problem on that, the guy was able to wind up for a slapper from the top of the circle unimpeded. Was just a hard knuckler that beat Crawford, which is going to happen a lot at that level when a guy gets a free shot from that area.

I will not wring my hands or panic or make any sweeping judgements based on one game, let alone the very first of the season. This team has yet to win the first game of the season under Quenneville. It happens. There are things that need to be tightened up, improved, changed, but it was Game 1 out of 82, on the road, against a team this organization has struggled against for whatever reason even in the best of times.

Tonight is important for these guys. Not be all, end all, but important. It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back. But again, it's early. Yes, these games count, the points count, but let's all step off the ledge a bit and give this team a chance to come together and play a few games before really starting to legitimately worry about anything.
My mistake, it was the second goal

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...AL571&fr=false

And maybe I exaggerated about seabrook, but I expected him to play far better than he did.

Last edited by madgoat33: 10-08-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old
10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
brevard*

No biggie, 1 game and most of what didn't go well was by guys who won't play much or shouldn't be here to long.
I laughed when Olczyk praised Saad when he skated over to the boards an took the puck sliding to him and skated out of the zone. Saad stood near the top of the slot for 45 seconds before that covering nobody when the Stars had lots of sustained pressure.
Does Brandon Pirri know that there is an end of the ice the other team shoots at and that he has a defensive assignment at that end?

Both could end up being pretty good but much like Morin last year they need to learn that in Chicago defense leads to offense.

Sammy thepisshole? Again just one game but 38 players touched the ice last night, none even close to being worse than he was.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:07 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
No biggie, 1 game and most of what didn't go well was by guys who won't play much or shouldn't be here to long.
I laughed when Olczyk praised Saad when he skated over to the boards an took the puck sliding to him and skated out of the zone. Saad stood near the top of the slot for 45 seconds before that covering nobody when the Stars had lots of sustained pressure.
Does Brandon Pirri know that there is an end of the ice the other team shoots at and that he has a defensive assignment at that end?

Both could end up being pretty good but much like Morin last year they need to learn that in Chicago defense leads to offense.

Sammy thepisshole? Again just one game but 38 players touched the ice last night, none even close to being worse than he was.
Lepisto had me scratching my head a couple times. Not exactly sure what he was doin out there

Old
10-08-2011, 04:10 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
I'm going to reserve judgement for now, but will say this: Keith remains a crucial part of this team and when he is the one to make a rookie mistake that turned the game around, we are in trouble.... and he still can't get the puck to the net from the point.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:12 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Except he could have easily been Norris finalist for his 08-09 season

1 game does not a season make ,, Keith looked much better in preseason so a bad debut to season isn't end of world and sign of things to come
I agree with Yoda here.

I don't think Keith was that bad and I still think he'll show up huge this season. I think a lot of people forgot the bonehead turnovers and mistakes he made during his Norris season too.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:15 PM
madgoat33

I have to say, I actually kinda like Kane at center. And, I'm hoping Toews starts playing more assertively on offense. I'd also like to see Keith paired with Hjalmarsson and Seabrook with Leddy, but since the lineup tends to be pretty dynamic its not too much of an issue.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Lepisto had me scratching my head a couple times. Not exactly sure what he was doin out there
Trying his best not to get hit as far as I could tell.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Chelios

Quote:
I have to say, I actually kinda like Kane at center. And, I'm hoping Toews starts playing more assertively on offense. I'd also like to see Keith paired with Hjalmarsson and Seabrook with Leddy, but since the lineup tends to be pretty dynamic its not too much of an issue.
Agreed. If they insist on splitting up Keith and Seabrook, then at least play Seabs with Leddy and Keith with Hammer.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Chelios

Quote:
My mistake, it was the second goal

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...AL571&fr=false

And maybe I exaggerated about seabrook, but I expected him to play far better than he did.
That was Hammer's man. If you expect Seabs to play better, then fine, but to single him out as the guy who you want to kick in the face after that game is ridiculous.

Last edited by Chelios: 10-08-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old
10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Some of you "fans" make me laugh. I've never seen a bunch of people get down on a team because everyone didn't play awesome. It's ****ing GAME 1. CHILL OUT!. Take the positives and move on.

"Toews is a bum!"..."Keith is a **** defense man"...."Hossa has bad hair"....

Old
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Some of you "fans" make me laugh. I've never seen a bunch of people get down on a team because everyone didn't play awesome. It's ****ing GAME 1. CHILL OUT!. Take the positives and move on.

"Toews is a bum!"..."Keith is a **** defense man"...."Hossa has bad hair"....
You're not familiar with the sports atmosphere in chicago, so I'll give you a pass for not understanding the angst. Outside of the bulls in the 90's, Chicago fans have pretty much gotten shafted by all of our major sports teams-particularly the cubs. Its hard for us to trust teams when we've been jerked around so much. Though, the Hawks should be in a good place for the forseeable future. I like to call it the Cubs Syndrome and it won't be cured overnight.

Closed Thread