HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars 2 - Hawks 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2011, 04:23 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
You're not familiar with the sports atmosphere in chicago, so I'll give you a pass for not understanding the angst. Outside of the bulls in the 90's, Chicago fans have pretty much gotten shafted by all of our major sports teams-particularly the cubs. Its hard for us to trust teams when we've been jerked around so much. Though, the Hawks should be in a good place for the forseeable future. I like to call it the Cubs Syndrome and it won't be cured overnight.
Fair enough. I'm not from Chicago but have been following the team since about 84. I know the feeling of being shafted. But times haven't looked this good since I remember, so when the stars don't play an A game every night I don't freak out. They're human. No one is perfect. When someone like Kane plays 5-6 bad games in a row then it's warranted.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
That was Hammer's man. If you expect Seabs to play better, than fine, but to single him out as the guy who you want to kick in the face after that game is ridiculous.
Yeah that was all Hjalmarsson. He had his man and just let him go...plain and simple. Just a real bad play on his part. Wasn't crazy about Seabrook last night, either, but that play's on Hjalmarsson. I'm in agreement, though, that I expect more of Seabrook. Again, I'm not gonna hang too much on one game. Looking to see how guys respond tonight.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:28 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Fair enough. I'm not from Chicago but have been following the team since about 84. I know the feeling of being shafted. But times haven't looked this good since I remember, so when the stars don't play an A game every night I don't freak out. They're human. No one is perfect. When someone like Kane plays 5-6 bad games in a row then it's warranted.
I feel like a lot of the problem stems from the disappointing baseball season for both chicago teams and the bears shaky start. And there are also people who thought the 'Hawks coulda done a bit better with offseason acquisitions so when the team comes out and some of the best players don't look too good, people start to get nervous.

Old
10-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Hawkaholic

Kane needs to play with Toews, Sharp and who ever they decide to paly with Toews, drag him down. (Sharp because he is rusty right now)

I think they should go with
Brunette - Toews - Kane
Olesz - Sharp - Hossa
Bickell - Bolland - Frolik
Mayers - Kruger

Keith - Hjalmarsson
Seabrook - Leddy
Montador - Lepisto
OD

Old
10-09-2011, 12:40 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Lose to a marginal team, play like crap and you get ripped to shreds. Thats just how it is.

Old
10-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I'm trying to remember but weren't we only shorthanded twice and Dallas scored once? I wouldn't call that a good PK.
no the 2nd goal was 4 on 4

Closed Thread