HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

The Eventual Ban on Fighting

Old
10-20-2011, 01:50 PM
edog37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I've never seen a league such ashamed by its own product as the NHL. They would rather have a good image than really embrace what they are about and market it better. There's this huge well of fans ready for the taking. Guys in their 20s and 30s that enjoy UFC, Wrestling and Videogames that would make the league far richer if it was marketed to them. Look at how they pretty much hide Avery in the minor league. How they shut him up when he said that thing about his former girlfriend. Don't shut him up, market the Hell out of this guy that make waves, make him a villain or something. Look at the NBA with Dennis Rodman. But the NHL are run with old men that are afraid of controversy.

edog37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumanpanda View Post
This cherished sport is considered a freak show by most people in the world
Don't see why any hockey fan should care what fans of other sports think. This is why I never get into "my sport better than yur sport" arguments for 14 yr olds.

There are positives and negatives in every sport. To me personally...

the taunting in football/soccer/basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is far more disgusting on every human level than>>>>>>>>>>>>than two guys dropping the gloves, throwing a few fists with actually less chance of serious injury than non-fight elbows, going for 5 and calling it a day.

But no reason any football fans should care what I think.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Banana Sandwiches

Something worth reading

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...s-study-claims

Banana Sandwiches is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

When I see all these nerds journalists "oh if hits on the head is an issue, then all to the hits to the head should be banned including fighting". Yea, well ban boxing and UFC, then. They would never attack boxing and MMA because they are afraid of the consequences. Like the wuss that they are. It's like they justify in their heads that boxing is a noble sport even though it's about the same thing, really.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 05:41 AM
wjhl2009fan

thehumanpanda
No i would not say most see hockey as a freak show are there some sure just as some think the nfl is a freak show as well as the nba etc.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote