HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues vs. Predators

Old
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
sbkbghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I've been questioning this signing since we made it. Most NJ and Dallas fans have had very bad impressions of him last season. It seems like it may be time for him to hang it up.
He didn't look so hot in training camp, compared to a lot of the players he seemed behind and to be sucking a lot of wind through the drills. Last night he had a cpl good plays along the halfboards holding the puck in the offensive zone but other than that he was a waste. Instead of Langenbrunner and Nichol in the Blues lineup I'd rather see some of our young guys that might make some learning curve mistakes but have better upside and are the future rather than "has beens".

A few posts mentioned the good plays of the Oshie-Berglund-Stewart line, unfortunately the Blues last night were very one-dimensional and it's very hard to win games (at any level of hockey) with one good line.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
Tootoo's dive when Stewart shoved him was disgusting.
Well if I'm facing you and you shove me with a lot of force, I'm sure as heck gonna fall on my ass as well. The tv showed multiple replays of it and I don't see how falling on your ass is a dive. Maybe you can teach me something.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:35 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

I thought the Blues skaters dominated the game at even strength, Halak played "average", and the special teams looked pretty poor (missing good opportunities to clear on PK, poor PP execution). Overall, I thought it was a pretty promising start to the season. The Blues played a very strong "team" game, and that's going to keep them very competitive as a general rule (assuming the goaltending and special teams are at least competent, which I think they will be). If the special teams and goaltending really "click", they could be top 2 in their division.

Langenbrunner looked ok to me. Ideally, I would want him on this team's third line, but having both Arnott and Langenbrunner on the same line seems like a rather bad idea to me (although I noticed that they tried the combination at least a few times during the game). He'll probably stick with Backes and McDonald until they feel like breaking up the Oshie/Berglund/Stewart line for whatever reason...which will probably happen as soon as they decide that it's time for Grachev to get a game, if not before that even to try and jumpstart a few other lines.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 10-10-2011 at 12:41 AM.
EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well if I'm facing you and you shove me with a lot of force, I'm sure as heck gonna fall on my ass as well. The tv showed multiple replays of it and I don't see how falling on your ass is a dive. Maybe you can teach me something.
You seem lost. Predators board is here: http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

kittensmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:41 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I was traveling and didn't watch the game until late Sunday. Its one that the Blues probably should have won, but Nashville is a solid team and Rinne is a stud.

I'm not going to overreact to the little mistakes players made here and there. I don't think we have enough data to declare any trends or that players should be moved around, etc. I'm going to trust that Payne and company have seen a LOT more during all the practices than what I can see in the televised portion of the game.

I think they're going to keep Grachev on the roster for a while, work him in from time to time, and someone will inevitably get injured before long giving him some regular minutes.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote