HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 stars and GBR: Game 02 vs Anaheim Ducks

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Brad Richards 62 51.67%
Ryan Callahan 54 45.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 115 95.83%
Ryan McDonagh 19 15.83%
Brian Boyle 1 0.83%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 0.83%
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Dan Girardi 41 34.17%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Other (Please specify) 3 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-09-2011, 01:49 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Richards was AWFUL tonight....just awful. He scored a goal...but that was just 1 good moment in an awful game for him.
Richards had a few bad shifts and was mostly invisible.

Awful? No, that was Dubinsky.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:16 AM
JT Kreider

the good: henrik lundqvist. what a warrior he is, that save on the bobby ryan one-timer was ridiculous, you gotta think the guy is due for a long playoff run... girardi was rock solid as always and mcD continues to impress, i think he made a brilliant pass on the richards goal. keep it up kidd. erixon showed some poise as well and i think he will make a name for himself in the coming weeks and earn a full-time roster spot. islanders and devils both lost tonight so at least were ahead of them ... its getting to the point where most dont even acknowledge callahan's effort, its just a given. his relentless work ethic on the forecheck created at least 2-3 scoring chances (in a game where they were tough to come by)

the bad: sean avery still being brought up on this board. hes gone people face the facts that we'll be just fine without him. the rangers have a week off now for all the pessismitic bi-polar overreactors on this board to come out in full force and dwell on what IMO wasnt even that bad of a 2-game OPENER. yeah the team looked a bit sluggish and took bad penalties but hey, it wouldnt be rangers hockey without lundqvist bailing us out yet again. someone actually voted for dubi, im a huge fan of his but LOL damn he had a pretty brutal game that i guess was saved by his failed deke that ended up on the stick of mcd who then passed it to brich for the gtg

the redden: the european trip idea as a whole. all the traveling and playing against non-nhl team really screwed things up. the fact that there was no cohesion can be solely blamed on that. on another note the flyers look really damn good, giroux is establishing himself as an elite forward and jvr and jagr will be riding shotgun to what will be a monster year from #28. they have the system down pat and showed signs of a very well-coached team in their 2 season opening wins. oh and bryz couldnt have asked for a better start, the devils inability to really get anything going will do wonders for the team confidence boost. my weekend doesnt get any better as my NY Jets head into foxboro for what could shape up to be the ass-beating of a life time (as if the 45-3 game wasn't bad enough)

getting back on topic at least we now have a week off to figure everything out and its fair to expect them to come out hard against the isles on the 15th.

Last edited by JT Kreider: 10-09-2011 at 02:39 AM.
JT Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

i can say without absolutely no overreaction that this team is low in skill and talent. citing staal
s injury is a terrible copout. this is going to be a very boring team. we can count on them to come with extra effort over time that will bring us to an average-above average record.

we'll be a playoff team, but we won't have the proper construction of one poised to go deep.

i feel bad for henrik.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Ola

The Redden

JOHN TORTORELLA deserves alot of blame.

At any level, if you as a coach are not sure that you can ice a team that can handle the key aspects of the game for the first game of the season, it needs to be taken care of. It is not acceptable to ice a team in the NHL that basically is clueless in certain key areas of the game.

If you for example are not convinced that your team will, atleast, have the basic framwork of a transition game pinned down for opening night, from the DAY 1 of camp thats what you work with. You do not run a single conditioning drill. You do not play a single intra squad game. You do not do anything else, than work on that.

Last night we trailed by 1 and entered the 3rd period against a ANA team that backed down basically and protected their lead. Like so many times last season, we again only managed THREE SHOTS ON GOAL in that third period.

Torts has made all kind of excuses all pre-season. There is all kind of excuses to be made. But none that has any bearing on the fact that we are this unprepaired. NONE. Torts is just out-coached by the coach of the other teams in the sense that there teams are much better pre-paired.

BRAD RICHARDS has been exactly what I expected, in a negative sense.

I'll give him a Redden after these two games, and then lower my expectations on him going forward.

We talked about if Richards is a top 3/5/10/15 center in this league before and after we got him. Facts are that he has a helluva lot of top end ability, and is a medicore hockey player in the other facets of the game. His skating is not good at all. He is not good at getting the puck up ice.

Look, I am just glad that we -- in the end -- did not pay top dollars for the sole big name on the UFA market, and atleast managed to get him <7m.

He can be clutch for us. He can fix our PP. He can make (certain players) around him better (Gabby? I honestly cannot understand how those two could work together, completely diffrent style).

But in terms of value for a team, he just is not on par with someone like, for example, Ryan Getzlaf.

MARIAN GABORIK I am starting to loose hope for this kid. Can you win with someone on him on the roster (making 7m?). To be honest, I doubt it. Contribution on a shift by shift basis=basically nothing. When the game is all about momentum, thats a cathastrophy.

DAN GIRARDI ok, now we all know that he is a good player next to Marc Staal and that he sucks without him. Lets move on.

DEREK STEPAN maybe the biggest dissapointment so far. Do not seem improved from last season. Little speed and energy. Also, basically seems out of shape. Did not play much, and when he played, he skated slowly to the bench after 30 sec.

The Callahan
Ryan Callahan

The Good
THE TEAM OVERALL, Dubinsky, Anisimov, McD, Sauer, Zucc and MDZ.

First of all, "the team overall"-part, I am sure we will find a way to compete sooner rahter than later. It won't be pretty et c, but we are just too good and to strong in terms of depth not to win our fair share of games in this league. I saw these two games with a friend who is a 2nd/3rd tier player in Sweden, and he tore the team apart in every direction. Said that it was a mirecle if they did not finnish in the botton 3 and said that they were the worst coached team he had ever seen, kid-levels included. But I don't agree with that, while it might look like it now. Things will look diffrently once we manage to not get behind etc.

McD is proving that he can become a solid nr 3 one day. He has improved over the sumer. Is still a little rough around the edges. He completely lacks all and any upper echelon offensive ability, but besides that is a complete D.

MDZ gets a good, despite struggling, because, while he struggles to execute, he is the only one who alone, without coaching, at times figures out what needs to be done on the ice.

Sauer=super solid.

The Bad
TIM ERIXON look, few rookie D's can work out on a dysfunctional team. He might be ready for a steady team, but this is not a good environment for him just now. Send him to HFD. Why? He will mix good with bad. And thats just not good enough. Can hurt his confidence and what not.

Eminger as the sole vet D on the team, his play on the 1-0 goal for ANA was a real WTF moment. WTF Eminger????

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
MZA is just another example of a guy who isnt built for the NHL. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean the guy is tiny....for him to succeed, he needs to possess sublime skill, like a Fleury or a Gionta or a Gilmour or a MSL. MZA offers nothing offensively. Thats why he plays 9-10 mins a game, and almost none in the late stages.

The 3rd line is perfect for young, big, strong forwards who might not score every shift, but will make the other team earn their game paycheck.

Unfortunately, MZA, EC, Wolski, and now Stepan don't fit that description. It's basically a 3rd line of finesse players who arent showing a whole lot of finesse.
MZA played 7:28 seconds, and none in the later stages. Non in OT, 4 on 4 where he would have had the space. He played well yesterday the few chances he had. Can you really make a sound jugdement saying he didn't play, so he's not made out for the NHL? If he played poorly I would understand it. How can you really tell that much, demanding finesse from the bench?

This whole Swedish trip have been a big dissapointment in many aspects. It's just bad marketing for the game, the way they play, hardly ever managing to make three passes in a row. I was really hyped up in pre season but after two games last season just came back. Grinding and grinding for every point. I'm thinking the players have outgrown the rinks if this is the hockey of the future. Unfortunately it seems like Torts is sharing your view on MZA, that he can only be used in the 2nd powerplay and SO, and that is just a waste for everybody.

Hope he gets traded if this continues. If it happens before he plays some games with more than 15 min TOI, they should never have brought him on in the first place, and all the Avery fans were right. He fits the style better. If Torts wins the cup like this, hockey will be the looser.

Last edited by Ilovemymum: 10-09-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:25 AM
blixt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Torts is obviously reponsible for everything, so why not blame him for the teams demise thus far.

Sometimes, the players need to look themselves in the mirror and admit they're being outplayed by their opposition. Torts can only do so much to motivate them.
Rangers are a team that should perform well above what they have done. I'm not talking about the first two matches but also last year. You can see the whole team seems uncertain on the roles and it is torts responsibility. I am Norwegian and I will not defend Zucc, but now it must be time for Torts to understand that it will not work to use Zucc with players who are not thinking creatively. Then it is much better for the Rangers to send Zucc back to AHL. It should not be so freaking hard to understand.

This applies not only Zucca, Torts makes several choices that are wrong when he puts together lines.
I had faith in Torts last year, but now i understands that he has not got anywhere with the players development.

Torts are afraid to explore new ideas, he is a coward and he chose the safe rather than thinking of new solutions.

blixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:38 AM
alkurtz

Though I was surely upset with the sluggish way the team looked, I am withholding judgement.

Everything is magnified at the start of the year. If these were two mid-season games on a west coast road trip against the same two teams, we would have gladly taken the two points.

Last year we also played poorly at the start of the season.

Crazy thing is, as poorly as we played, we easily could have won both games. We had a lead late in game 1 but immediately became less aggressive after Gaborik scored to put us ahead. In game 2, if MZA hadn't barely missed his shot, or Henrik hadn't caught his skate on the funky 4th shot and stopped it, we would have won or had a shot to win in another round.

Take the two points and go home. Its the same as if we had won one and lost one. The whole start of this year is disjointed and will continue to be until we come back from the extended western Canadian swing. Get used to at as it will likely be the same next year (I am a big supporter of the NHL opening in Europe).

That being said, I was disappointed but in reality nothing has changed. I'm not a big fan of MZA and just don't think he has enough skill to balance out his size and skating. EC will always be EC; nothing more and nothing less. W2, for all his seeming dedication to improving himself this summer, remains a player with little energy or compete level. Stepan still is only an average skater.

I've always thought that those of us who projected us to be an elite team with Cup aspirations were overly optimistic. Our young core needs more time to grow and needs another infusion of talent (Kreider, Miller, et al). We need to see if our young D will take a step back or continue to grow.

It is easy during the summer to fall in love with your own team. The fact is that there are a lot of good teams out there equal, near equal, or better than we are. It is going to be a dog fight to the end to see which of these teams makes the playoffs. There is simply no way to know how it will all play out for us. If everything works out, we could finish fairly highly in the conference. If things don't, we could scramble to make the playoffs and maybe miss them.

But I'm not ready to panic. Let the team come home, get some mental and physical rest, and regroup. Let them get the long road trip out of the way. Come mid-November, if we are still struggling, I'll panic. Not yet, not after only two games.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Garv23

Really? After 2 games!? haha some of you folks need to chill and slowly back away from the keyboards. This Euro trip had to be exhausting. Give it at least 10 games before the sky starts coming down, eh? No worries here at all...yet!

Dan Girardi has been a freakin' beast. I wonder if all these minutes will wear on him though. Man, I hope Staal can come back soon.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
[...]
I disagree with a lot of what you said. For starters, what did Girardi do to make you say he sucked? I think he and McDonagh played pretty good defensively against one, if not the best line in hockey. To me Girardi is one of the best shutdown defenders with or without Staal.

And then Richards, I think his puck carrying ability was adequate while his PP was rather poor. Although I think pairing him with someone like DZ on the point is a mistake as we don't need two PP QBs on the ice at once but rather someone who can shoot well.
But I still think he is a top-10 center and not much worse than Getzlaf for example. I don't know what you have seen that I haven't, but apart from one good passing play that Ducks top line including Getzlaf was pretty quiet. And they had a lot more time to develop chemistry.

Which brings me to Gaborik, I agree with you there, his effort isn't there every shift. I don't know what the problem is, but I know that it was much better in his first season. So I still have hope...

I don't know what you saw in MZA's game to say he was good, to me he was pretty invisible.

I agree with you on Tortorella though, at least partly. I think he still hasn't really implemented a game plan or even a real identity. Renney, to me, offered more in that regard, although his game plan might've been less popular and in the end no more successful.
Torts however hasn't really improved our offense much and especially the PP remains to be an abortion. Like Ola said the transition game was awful and passing in general, not only in this game, is bad compared to many other teams. For an offensive minded coach I consider that a failure.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:32 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I disagree with almost everything you said, Ola. Girardi sucked, really?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Ola, I also totally disagree with what you said.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 09:44 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
Though I was surely upset with the sluggish way the team looked, I am withholding judgement.

Everything is magnified at the start of the year. If these were two mid-season games on a west coast road trip against the same two teams, we would have gladly taken the two points.

Last year we also played poorly at the start of the season.

Crazy thing is, as poorly as we played, we easily could have won both games. We had a lead late in game 1 but immediately became less aggressive after Gaborik scored to put us ahead. In game 2, if MZA hadn't barely missed his shot, or Henrik hadn't caught his skate on the funky 4th shot and stopped it, we would have won or had a shot to win in another round.

Take the two points and go home. Its the same as if we had won one and lost one. The whole start of this year is disjointed and will continue to be until we come back from the extended western Canadian swing. Get used to at as it will likely be the same next year (I am a big supporter of the NHL opening in Europe).

That being said, I was disappointed but in reality nothing has changed. I'm not a big fan of MZA and just don't think he has enough skill to balance out his size and skating. EC will always be EC; nothing more and nothing less. W2, for all his seeming dedication to improving himself this summer, remains a player with little energy or compete level. Stepan still is only an average skater.

I've always thought that those of us who projected us to be an elite team with Cup aspirations were overly optimistic. Our young core needs more time to grow and needs another infusion of talent (Kreider, Miller, et al). We need to see if our young D will take a step back or continue to grow.

It is easy during the summer to fall in love with your own team. The fact is that there are a lot of good teams out there equal, near equal, or better than we are. It is going to be a dog fight to the end to see which of these teams makes the playoffs. There is simply no way to know how it will all play out for us. If everything works out, we could finish fairly highly in the conference. If things don't, we could scramble to make the playoffs and maybe miss them.

But I'm not ready to panic. Let the team come home, get some mental and physical rest, and regroup. Let them get the long road trip out of the way. Come mid-November, if we are still struggling, I'll panic. Not yet, not after only two games.
Excellent post, al. Agree with it all.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Ani simov mal

Quote:
The Redden

At any level, if you as a coach are not sure that you can ice a team that can handle the key aspects of the game for the first game of the season, it needs to be taken care of. It is not acceptable to ice a team in the NHL that basically is clueless in certain key areas of the game.

If you for example are not convinced that your team will, atleast, have the basic framwork of a transition game pinned down for opening night, from the DAY 1 of camp thats what you work with. You do not run a single conditioning drill. You do not play a single intra squad game. You do not do anything else, than work on that.

Last night we trailed by 1 and entered the 3rd period against a ANA team that backed down basically and protected their lead. Like so many times last season, we again only managed THREE SHOTS ON GOAL in that third period.

Torts has made all kind of excuses all pre-season. There is all kind of excuses to be made. But none that has any bearing on the fact that we are this unprepaired. NONE. Torts is just out-coached by the coach of the other teams in the sense that there teams are much better pre-paired.

I'll give him a Redden after these two games, and then lower my expectations on him going forward.

We talked about if Richards is a top 3/5/10/15 center in this league before and after we got him. Facts are that he has a helluva lot of top end ability, and is a medicore hockey player in the other facets of the game. His skating is not good at all. He is not good at getting the puck up ice.

Look, I am just glad that we -- in the end -- did not pay top dollars for the sole big name on the UFA market, and atleast managed to get him <7m.

He can be clutch for us. He can fix our PP. He can make (certain players) around him better (Gabby? I honestly cannot understand how those two could work together, completely diffrent style).

But in terms of value for a team, he just is not on par with someone like, for example, Ryan Getzlaf.

MARIAN GABORIK I am starting to loose hope for this kid. Can you win with someone on him on the roster (making 7m?). To be honest, I doubt it. Contribution on a shift by shift basis=basically nothing. When the game is all about momentum, thats a cathastrophy.

DAN GIRARDI ok, now we all know that he is a good player next to Marc Staal and that he sucks without him. Lets move on.

DEREK STEPAN maybe the biggest dissapointment so far. Do not seem improved from last season. Little speed and energy. Also, basically seems out of shape. Did not play much, and when he played, he skated slowly to the bench after 30 sec.

The Callahan
Ryan Callahan

The Good

First of all, "the team overall"-part, I am sure we will find a way to compete sooner rahter than later. It won't be pretty et c, but we are just too good and to strong in terms of depth not to win our fair share of games in this league. I saw these two games with a friend who is a 2nd/3rd tier player in Sweden, and he tore the team apart in every direction. Said that it was a mirecle if they did not finnish in the botton 3 and said that they were the worst coached team he had ever seen, kid-levels included. But I don't agree with that, while it might look like it now. Things will look diffrently once we manage to not get behind etc.

McD is proving that he can become a solid nr 3 one day. He has improved over the sumer. Is still a little rough around the edges. He completely lacks all and any upper echelon offensive ability, but besides that is a complete D.

MDZ gets a good, despite struggling, because, while he struggles to execute, he is the only one who alone, without coaching, at times figures out what needs to be done on the ice.

Sauer=super solid.

The Bad
TIM ERIXON look, few rookie D's can work out on a dysfunctional team. He might be ready for a steady team, but this is not a good environment for him just now. Send him to HFD. Why? He will mix good with bad. And thats just not good enough. Can hurt his confidence and what not.

Eminger as the sole vet D on the team, his play on the 1-0 goal for ANA was a real WTF moment. WTF Eminger????
Thank god not everyone here is a homer. And yes, Dan Girardi is useless without Marc.

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
OverTheCap

I agree with BRF, alkurtz's post is spot on. No need to freak out 2 games in the season. And in all likelihood, this team probably wasn't going to be a legitimate cup contender this season anyway, we are still a year or two away from that.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani simov mal View Post
Thank god not everyone here is a homer. And yes, Dan Girardi is useless without Marc.
Explain that to me and everyone else. I'd like to know how 31 minutes ice time in each game, in 24 hours, shutting down the Ducks top line to 6 shots and no points is "useless". Please enlighten us all on how Girardi was useless? Girardi was a ****ing horse. Did you even watch the games

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Explain that to me and everyone else. I'd like to know how 31 minutes ice time in each game, in 24 hours, shutting down the Ducks top line to 6 shots and no points is "useless". Please enlighten us all on how Girardi was useless? Girardi was a ****ing horse. Did you even watch the games
LOL. IMO, The D has surely played above expectations so far in these 2 games. Girardi has been a MONSTER. Blocking shots, effective gap control etc. He's been logging massive minutes as well. Some people

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:55 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
The Redden

The Callahan
Ryan Callahan

The Good

Sauer=super solid.

The Bad

What ur saying is probably all accurate although i havent watched Richards play yet but i can only assume a team like Dallad does not give up a top 10 center if thats what they thought he was. Everything else is pretty bang on also, Sauer will be a stud, Girardi is overrated on this board and Stall is the rock with the two of them. Mcd is also overrated imo on this board and is too slow to be good offensively. Lastly Torts tries to build a team centered around him rather than building the best team at times. Gaborik has never competed vs tough team like Ana no reason he will start now. Stepan had a good rookie season but didnt finish strong which is not always a good sign.

All this said its nice to hope for better things from these guys but what ur saying has a lot of truth to it.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
To be fair, Zucc could have and if you want to make the argument that he should have, scored. He had the goal on his stick and couldn't get it by Hiller. Could've lifted it, etc...
It`s hard for me to explaine in english. But I belive he would have scored if he had played more in the 3rd and in overtime.
I was hoping Torts didn`t chosed either of the two,because they where cold and nervous after sitting on their buts for 11.28 minutes. That`s not the way to build connfidens.
What about Cally and Gabby,are they useless in SO?

All this said,Zucc should have nailed it.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
JT Kreider

its funny how all the doom and gloom will be replaced with stanley cup aspirations when we come out on the 15th and destroy the islanders.
(the true redden is the retarted bipolar over-reactions on this stupid board)

i wasnt too pleased with these first 2 games but given the circumstances i'll take the 2 points and laugh all the way to the bank.

we have a week off to practice hard, there will be no excuses.

dubinsky was terrible these first 2 games, still showing signs of that immaturity huh? he'll have a huge game on the island, that will be a huge confidence booster for him and he will begin his pursuit for 60 points.

i can confidently say that we have a gem in our hands with mcdonagh. im still marveling over that pass that led to richards goal

i can also confidently say that we will be a playoff team if henrik plays the way he did yesterday throughout the entire season, regardless if we muster 3 shots on net in the third period. hes been doin it for what, 6 seasons now? he is a true warrior in every sense of the word.

callahan is taking the C and running with it. he had a strong showing.

people lets not forget we got 2 points against 2 very good hockey teams. one of the teams is no doubt a stanley cup contender in LA, while the other boasts the hands down best line in hockey. while neither of them didnt look too great either, we can attribute this to the european road-trip, playing against non-nhl teams, on i guess what was not the best ice conditions, no excuses though, this is the NHL.

lets give some damn credit where credit is due and acknowledge that the ducks played some good defensive hockey. blocking shots, keeping the puck away from hiller. literally they had 2 defensive breakdowns (the boyle breakaway, the richards goal)

lets go boys. rangers 4 islanders 1. dubinsky 1 goal 1 assist, callahan 1 goal, richards 1 goal 1 assist, boyle 1 goal. henrik 25 saves.

Last edited by JT Kreider: 10-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.
JT Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Nice to see Girardi is still criminally underrated on HFBoards.

Some of y'all sound like you haven't even watched the games with your critiques.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:46 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
Nice to see Girardi is still criminally underrated on HFBoards.

Some of y'all sound like you haven't even watched the games with your critiques.
Seriously. Girardi does not play well without Staal? After the two games he's played? I've believe that for a while, but using the two games he's played thus far to prove that just doesn't make any sense, IMO, he's been, aside from Lundqvist, the best player on the ice for the Rangers each night.

10-09-2011, 01:18 PM
The Sweetness

Did anyone see a fan moon the crowd when he was on the jumbotron with around 12-13 minutes left in the 3rd period?

Without going into details lets just say I have a personal interest to find out if this was shown on the broadcast....

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
The Redden

The Callahan
Ryan Callahan

The Good

Sauer=super solid.

The Bad

I've always noticed your dislike for Torts, but your confirmation bias at this point has reached a parody of itself.

Similarly, saying "i told you he wasn't good" about our current point leader doesn't hold much weight.

Girardi has been our best Dman by a country mile.

Gaborik, for the first time in a year, has actually been playing like he gives a **** and is trying to make an impact.

I do however agree with you on Del Z. looks much better than last year.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
It`s hard for me to explaine in english. But I belive he would have scored if he had played more in the 3rd and in overtime.
I was hoping Torts didn`t chosed either of the two,because they where cold and nervous after sitting on their buts for 11.28 minutes. That`s not the way to build connfidens.
What about Cally and Gabby,are they useless in SO?

All this said,Zucc should have nailed it.
good explanation bud, i agree fully with you. i will take a step further to say that zucc has appeared to me to be a lot better without the puck thus far and he should get more ice time in the 3rd, so hopefully that happens.

Cally i think would be 5th in the shootout, zucc, ec/wolski, richards are probably our bests on the shootout. gabby idk what is up with him in the shootout, i think his issue is he thinks too much going down and messses up with it, so yes useless.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:03 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
The Redden

The Callahan
Ryan Callahan

The Good

Sauer=super solid.

The Bad

I don't think I could disagree any more with you. Calling Richards and Gabby bad? Just because they didn't instantly click after 2 games doesnt make them bad.

Richards hustled and won the draws, something our team needs serious help with. And Gaborik? He is playing better defensively and hustling more. He is bringing the puck in on the rush again and seems to have the jump back in his step. Idk if anyone noticed that. He doesnt seem to be afraid to make moves like he was last season.

I can't even fathom you would say that Girardi was bad. Makes me wonder if you even watched the games this weekend. He was a brick wall back there and he played over 60 minutes on the blueline.

IMO:

The Good: Hank, Cally, Girardi, Richards, Sauer, McDonagh

The Decent: Gaborik, MDZ, Prust, Anisimov

The Bad: Eminger

The Redden: Christensen, seriously this guy doesnt even belong in the Men's league 'C' division with his work ethic.

Last edited by MacTruck: 10-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote