HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Tournament scoring system

Old
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
madmutter
Oilyness

vCash: 500
Tournament scoring system

I'm helping out with my association's Novice tournament and I'm trying to remember how a scoring system I've seen in round robins works. There was a sliding scale of points awarded based on how much a team won or lost by. It worked really well because even when a game was out of reach in terms of a win there were still points at stake.
Something like this.

win by 5+ 10pts.
win by 3+ 8pts.
win by 1+ 6 pts.
tie game 5pts.
lose by 1+ 4 pts.
lose by 3+ 2pts.
lose by 5+ 0pts.

Does that look right to anyone who has seen this before?
The tournament is going to have 3 skill divisions with 4 teams in each so 4 team round robin, one game final between teams 1 and 2 in each division.

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Puckboy

Several tournaments we have been in lately have points by the period. 1 point if you will the period 1/2 point if you tie the period. 2 points for the overall win

Puckboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:56 PM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckboy View Post
Several tournaments we have been in lately have points by the period. 1 point if you will the period 1/2 point if you tie the period. 2 points for the overall win
I always liked that system, sometimes prevents teams from running up the score, and always gives you something to play for, if its 7-0 going into the third, you can still get a point from the game

eggy2486 is offline   Reply With Quote