HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New gloves.

Old
10-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Doland
HFBoards Possessor

vCash: 50
New gloves.

Looking at getting a new pair of gloves. Looking for comfort, durability and wrist movement. Anybody have any suggestions? Price point doesn't matter

Doland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:04 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Try some on, get what you like best. People are just going to suggest what they like best or what they have; you should specify your need.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
I'd like to get a pair of new gloves as well - my real need is the palm, every paird I have had the palm goes out within a season. I have bought used and questionable brands on clearance (Warrior mac daddy pros)

EQ3's? How do the palms last, the protection is a little less than I'd like - also I am looking at last years Reebok 8K KFS gloves.

Also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hockey-glove...ht_1504wt_1139

What about those?

Any input on either of these would be great.

I have tried on most brands and I'm not particularly pick (still pretty new to hockey and haven't found any single fit that clicks) and value is more important to me.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:28 PM
thefeebster

If price really is no concern ($150+), Franchises are very popular comfortable and lots of room for wrist movement. Or if you like a more fitted glove, I really like the fit of the totalone or one80. For durable palms+comfort+mobility, the Eagle PPF or PPFi are probably one of the best on the market.

Buying gloves are the most fun of all equipment to buy. Stick your hands in there and test out a few in store.

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:46 PM
MNWild9

I have several pairs of SBK gloves great gloves at a low price the local junior team uses them. check them out https://www.sbkhockeyshop.com/default/store/index/23 if you have any questions about them just ask.

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
RangersAM99

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/graf-hoc...ves-g5-sr.html I have a similar pair, they are very comfortable

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

These gloves are great and price simply can't be beat, relative to the quality. I've had a couple pairs because there isn't a better deal out there, IMO. Pro quality, super light, very durable palms, good feel, GREAT cut/fit - tons of mobility for the wrist (which I like as well) but a nice fit in the palms/fingers.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...-x-pro-sr.html

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Doland
HFBoards Possessor

Tried on a few pairs today, the eq 50 elites seemed to be the most comfortable. Does anybody know how durable these are?

Old
10-02-2011, 02:13 PM
datsyukianLIKE

i have the 11k's best gloves i have ever owned 2nd would be the bauer 4rolls they are awesome

datsyukianLIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:28 PM
mhkehoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Donald View Post
Tried on a few pairs today, the eq 50 elites seemed to be the most comfortable. Does anybody know how durable these are?
I have the EQ3s and EQ30s (same glove as each other) and they have been great in comparison to other gloves I've tried. The palm is just starting to wear through the first layer on one glove after a full summer of use 2-3 days a week.

I've tended to buy closer fitting gloves, but I feel like these are a very nice balance between anatomical and loose. I liked the first pair so much I bought a second pair so I have 1 for ice and 1 for outdoor inline. I even found myself surfing HockeyMonkey for another pair of the closeout model so I would have a backup, but they are down to only the full red model so I may just get one of these pairs repalmed when the day eventually comes.

And I believe the EQ5s and EQ50s (once again, same glove, the EQ5 is just an older model and may be found cheaper) have a even more durable palm than the 3 as well as more protection.

I would recommend you buy them if you liked the fit.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Doland
HFBoards Possessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkehoe View Post
I have the EQ3s and EQ30s (same glove as each other) and they have been great in comparison to other gloves I've tried. The palm is just starting to wear through the first layer on one glove after a full summer of use 2-3 days a week.

I've tended to buy closer fitting gloves, but I feel like these are a very nice balance between anatomical and loose. I liked the first pair so much I bought a second pair so I have 1 for ice and 1 for outdoor inline. I even found myself surfing HockeyMonkey for another pair of the closeout model so I would have a backup, but they are down to only the full red model so I may just get one of these pairs repalmed when the day eventually comes.

And I believe the EQ5s and EQ50s (once again, same glove, the EQ5 is just an older model and may be found cheaper) have a even more durable palm than the 3 as well as more protection.

I would recommend you buy them if you liked the fit.
Thanks for the info, ill go grab them tomorrow. Can't wait to try them out

Old
10-02-2011, 05:17 PM
r3cc0s

too many gloves and preferences...

My personal favorite are my Sherwood 9950 pro gloves, which are the same as T90's
simple 4 rolls w/ inserts and clarino palms/gussets

I'm not a fan of tight fitting gloves, but for those "anatomical" ones, I think that the new Eagle Talon, Bauer X60/Totalones, X11 are the nicest

The other 4 rolls that are out there are quite good, I think the nicest being the Eagle PPF, Bauer 4 roll pro, CCM4R, Warrior Franchise etc...

my favorite palm is Clarino, my next favorite is the M2H2 and least is Nash... I like the Warrior Franchise for its roominess, but the palm sucks IMO

My favorite favorite glove I can't find are the vintage Easton Z-Air's that I can't find anywhere

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:03 PM
LA Kings Hockey

BAUER PRO 4 ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are the best gloves ever. if you want a cheaper glove the bauer 4 roll elite is pretty good but less durable. if you have to really by something cheap than get ccm 4 rolls

LA Kings Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
vapor11

I use Easton S11's.. I bought them on clearance for $60 which I think is a steal.. they are only $50 clearance on hockey monkey right now.. super lightweight and comfy..best part is by the time I get home to take my gear out of my bag to air things out they are practically dry

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote