HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New Elbow Pads!

Old
10-08-2011, 01:19 PM
HockeyDonkey33

vCash: 500
New Elbow Pads!

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new pair of elbow pads. My old set are from about 12 years ago. I was at a stick and puck and was having some real trouble with shots, I practice a lot on shooting on dry-land with no padding obviously so I decided to take off my elbow pads. Once I did that there was a dramatic improvement on my shooting. So I guess I'm looking for something that isn't so restrictive and flows with my arms. I'm a pretty medium build of the arms (no 24" pythons here) . Any good quality brands or good tips would be much appreciated! Thanks gents and gals!

HockeyDonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:13 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
I use S17's and they're pretty good, but my shooting is the same as yours (better w/o them). You have to just try them on and figure out what seems to be the best for you.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:53 PM
ponder

No substitute for just trying on a tonne in a store. Elbow pads are basically never gonna feel great, they're the only piece of equipment that I actually find annoying on the ice, but my favorites are the top of the line CCM pads (U+ Pro and U+ Fit09, basically the same pad). A lot of elbow pads now come with big stretchy straps, but I personally think they suck ass, they get over stretchy with time and always seem to loosen up and let the pads move around during games.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
vapor11

I decided to pickup a new pair recently and went back to my old ones after 2 rec games.. My old 10+ year old eastons are a Jr size which is why I decided to upgrade but I found I like them alot better then my new Reeboks.. they hug my arm firm and just feel better..although not as protective as the new ones

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Interesting ones I tried at the store were Warrior Projekts. They were really flexible in design and light weight. I'm talking you could literally straighten your arm in them. The downside is protection isn't going to be as good as regular pads, but it's a great "minimal" elbow IMO.

Personally I use a pair of old pro stock JOFA pads which are amazing for protection and mobility.

But yes you want to try them all on. Of the newer pads I think Easton and Warrior makes the best.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Stickmata

Love my CCMs (Fit 07 I think). By far the best I've ever tried on in terms of comfort and least restriction.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote