Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You'll love Langkow

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Ozy_Flame

vCash: 500
Sorry guys, but Lombo isn't going to play for a while. Apparently he's still pretty woozy from the Hatcher hit, and I don't think it's a far cry to suggest he won't play this season (if at all there is one). That would put Rhino back on second-line pivot duty, and probably keep Gelinas on the top line.

Gelinas - Langkow - Iginla
Simon - Reinprecht - Donovan
Nilson - Yelle - Kobasew
Neiminen - Weimer - Clark

That's my projections, although Nilson is the wild card, who could play anywhere.

Old
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Since people are tossing up line combos, I might as well put in my .02

1.Simon---Langkow---Iginla
2.Gelinas-Reinprecht--Kobasew
3.Nilson---Wiemer---Donovan
4.Nieminen--Yelle-----Clark

5.Regehr---Leopold
6.Warrener--Ference
7.Phaneuf---Lydman

1. Maximize Simon's ability and put him on the top line. If Iginla and Langkow click, Simon's goals will definitely come, and would probably come in bunches. With Iggy's shot, its good to have a guy like Simon there to bang in the plentiful rebounds. Langkow will also benefit from the extra room Simon and Iginla can create.

2. Reinprecht needs scorers, Gelinas and Kobasew are the best options for him IMO. Kobasew has goal scoring potential and perhaps playing with a crafty player like Rhino will bring it out. Having a vet like Gelinas will also help both Chuck and Rhino along as well Martin has been one of our more productive plaeyrs in the past couple seasons. How effective this line's physical play will be may be of concern, but with Marty on the line, defensive awareness shouldn't suffer.

3. Perhaps interchange Nilson and Wiemer at centre for who does it better (if that is the case, re-uniting the Nemo-Nils-Dono line should be in order). This line will outwork any it faces and hopefully make some breaks for itself. I don't think anybody is expecting Donovan to repeat, but with the way he works and the chances this line could create for itself with physical play and speed, 15 goals out of both Nilson and Donovan wouldn't be out of the question IMO.

4. This line has strentgh, speed, defensive awareness, everything a checking line needs. Don't expect too many goals either way, but Clark should pot 10 goals again. The Sutter system is this lines first order of business and nothing else. Goals are a bonus.

5. This pairing will probably play 23-28 minutes a night and stay together for everything (ES, PP, PK). Typical top pairing really. Big physical d-man with the sleek, puck moving d-man. No need to explain why they are together really.

6. This pairing spent alot of time togehter in the playoffs and there's no reason to believe that wont continue (unless Sutter wants to put a vet like Warrener with Phaneuf). Ference's playoff performance will be rewarded with more icetime to start off the season, but will he be able to keep up similar play? With his conditioning, he has as good a chance as any. Since Warrener can play with anybody, he may see 20+ minutes a game as well.

7. If Phaneuf does come up, then he will be playing. Lydman is good both ways and should be a good partner for Dion, who probably wont be part of the offense as much as he was in juniors to start off, but he'd be with a good partner and it may bring him along faster.

Old
08-30-2004, 10:34 AM
ZDogg

Gelinas - Langkow - Iginla
Niemenin - Nilson - Donovan
Simon - Reinprecht - Kobasew
Wiemer - Yelle - Clark

Regehr - Leopold
Ference - Warrener
Lydman - Montador

Kiprusoff
Turek

I also have a feeling Lombardi wont be playing for awhile... hopefully he gets better soon cause he is developing as one of the best new players in the league. I also believe Phaneuf wont play this year so Montador will get the spot, and he sure did earn it during the playoff run. In my opinion we shouldn't split up the Nieminen - Nilson - Donovan line that was so deadly in the playoffs, these guys have amazing chemistry and I would keep that together.

Old
08-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Jovo Cop

I have always been a Langkow fan from his days as a TC American when he pretty much turned a plumber (Terry Ryan ) into a 50 goal scorer ..i think he will thrive with Iggy on his wing .Daymond hasnt in his NHL career played with any player like Iginla on his wing and i think he will really blossum as a Flamer .

Old
08-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovo Cop
I have always been a Langkow fan from his days as a TC American when he pretty much turned a plumber (Terry Ryan ) into a 50 goal scorer ..i think he will thrive with Iggy on his wing .Daymond hasnt in his NHL career played with any player like Iginla on his wing and i think he will really blossum as a Flamer .
Well he did play with LeClair and Recchi in Philly and with Nagy in Phoenix. Those are some pretty good players.

Old
08-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Jovo Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab77
Well he did play with LeClair and Recchi in Philly and with Nagy in Phoenix. Those are some pretty good players.
I think a big fellow who wore #88 played centre for Leclair and daymonds last year in Philly Leclair only played 16 games ..i would imagine with Primeau was his centre then and while nagy and Doan are fine players ..i dont think they come close to Iggy .

Old
08-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Nab77

Quote:
I think a big fellow who wore #88 played centre for Leclair and daymonds last year in Philly Leclair only played 16 games ..i would imagine with Primeau was his centre then and while nagy and Doan are fine players ..i dont think they come close to Iggy .
99-00 Lindros played only 55 games , if I remember correctly he played at least half of those with Gagne and Renberg or Tocchet. So Daymond played with LeClair and Recchi. Btw, Daymond also mentioned playing with those guys in a recent interview.

Old
08-31-2004, 01:32 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Philly used Langkow as a defensive checker, never in an offensive role which is why he was traded in the first place.

If Doan isnt 'close' to Iginla, nobody is. Doan is pretty similar IMO.. he just doesnt have such a good scoring touch. Nagy and Doan were in the top 10 in the NHL for scoring for many months until the Coyotes self-destructed. That's not far off Iginla.

Anyway Langkow did not have chemistry with Doan so he may well not have chemistry with Iginla. Indeed I remember Langkow was pretty low-key when he started and apart from one hattrick, was somewhat disappointing. Until he clicked with the Homer Line, probably statistically the Coyotes best ever line. That was with Nagy, a skilled sniper and Mike Johnson, an intelligent although limited role player.

Its a shame you moved Saprykin as he seems a Nagy type of player. Theoretically I think Langkow is going to have more success with guys like Gelinas and Donovan than big powerforwards like Iginla and Simon. Although I hope he plays with Iginla for my fantasy team's sake.

Closed Thread