HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now with Nedved signing in Phoenix, how do you feel?

View Poll Results: As Nedved now a Coyote, how do you feel?
Damn you Lowe!! You dropeed the ball big time 28 40.00%
Ah well, we'll get a number one center (cue Lindros/Allison rumors here) 23 32.86%
We will never get a number one center ever again 9 12.86%
Other (please specify) 10 14.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2004, 05:27 PM
mbam99

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mbam99
Now with Nedved signing in Phoenix, how do you feel?

I personally think Lowe blew it. We had a number one center wanting to play here (thats hard enoughto fin in its self), basically in our budget and he ends up signing wtih a Western division rival. Damn Lowe...

Last edited by mbam99: 08-26-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old
08-26-2004, 06:00 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Makes me wonder how seriously Nedved was taking Lowe's offers, actually.

Old
08-26-2004, 06:05 PM
mackdogs*

Makes me wonder if you'll be able to hear anything but BOOOOOOO when Phoenix comes to town. I don't think Petr gets the MC treatment but he's gonna be getting his share. Man, this really sucks.

Old
08-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 50
Make sure to take your "medicine" tonight everyone. That way we can all wake up tommorrow with dreams and optimism about Lindros/ Allison/ Gretzky being in negotiations with Lowe to give us a "solid lineup up the middle". Ah, the ignorance and exuberance of misspent youth....

Old
08-26-2004, 07:47 PM
metallicat

If Nedved actually did sign for less than 3 million per year, I feel offended. I guess the problem is that Nedved's hockey career is going to be a lot shorter than his marriage, so he has to look out for what is best in that regard. I just wish he was staying here; he was a great fit for the team. I feel somewhat ripped off as well, because of how close I thought Petr was to actually re-signing here.

Old
08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
The Rage

I'm not pissed off about Nedved signing elsewhere. A three year deal for Nedved would a huge investment in a player who is very questionable in many regards. However, we need SOME centre, and Lowe hasn't got one.

Old
08-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Cerebral

Lowe said he was going to go out and get a centerman if he failed to sign Nedved and I will continue to trust him right now. However, that trust level will drop quite a bit if we're starting the season with York/Horcoff down the middle...

Old
08-26-2004, 11:22 PM
MrMackey

Other...

I wanted him to sign Nedved... but not at much more than $3M/yr.

I think we'll get another C via trade, and should give Lowe until the start of the season to prove that he's good on his word. I'm in no big hurry to have someone before training camp. If Lowe can't deliver on his promise then we burn him at the stake (I guess not a promise, just his public statement that getting a #1 C was his main priority).

Calgary landing Langkow was a major coup for them. Great deal by C-town... however I maintain that he's not what we're looking for, so I don't feel that we missed out. I'd love to have him, but he's another York and wouldn't help our PP to the extent that it needs help. I think DL will help Calgary more than Conroy could and it makes them much better.

I hope Lowe deals from a position of strength to address a weakness. I pray that he doesn't go and create major holes in the lineup just so he can say he got a "#1" centre.

PLEASE NO LINDROS!!

Old
08-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Meanashell11

Well once again Lowe drops the ball. I have finally lost patience with him. He continually loses in the negotiations and he refuses to see that MacT is not taking the team to the next level. I do not believe he really has a plan B and we will be a much weaker team when hockey starts unless its 2 years from now and some of our youngsters are ready to fill the #1 center role.

Closed Thread