HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Komisarek is just not good

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Crispz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
He's better than Luke right now.
This times 1000x.. If anyone of our d-core looks outta place its Schenn. Don't get me wrong, along the boards Schenn is a beast but he has been terrible in front of the net and can't seem to read the plays well. the 5th Ottawa goal was 100% his fault and he knows it. He always collapses around his net and leave too big of a gap between himself and the wingers in the hovering in the circle. Needs to step up a few feet. Did I mention how slow he has looked?

Luke needs to pick up his game..

Old
10-09-2011, 11:02 AM
bshaw

vCash: 2000
imo its gardiner who is the one who looks a like shakey, on more then one occasion i found him riffling the puck around the boards when he had time to just stop look up and start a breakout, and as for komi i think he was fine, taking the body, but really we're 2-0 does it matter right now?

Old
10-09-2011, 11:25 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Very true. Gardiner made a poor read in his coverage and Komisarek tried to cover for him. Komi tried to force the play on Speeza. It obviously didn't work out but I can see why Komi did what he did on that play. He let Greening, who is a nobody go by him to not let Speeza, a bonafide point per game player have all kinds of time to dangle in the slot. Overall Komi is looking far better this year and that needs to be scene as positive encouragement over how he has played the last two seasons.
I don't even think that was how it happened. Komi wasn't covering for anyone. Gardiner had his man, Komi went to cover the other man and Gardiner left his man, to cover the man Komi was covering.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:27 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
imo its gardiner who is the one who looks a like shakey, on more then one occasion i found him riffling the puck around the boards when he had time to just stop look up and start a breakout, and as for komi i think he was fine, taking the body, but really we're 2-0 does it matter right now?
It does matter. You have to play well, and get better. We beat 2 pretty poor teams, so 2-0, while it is as good as it gets, doesn't mean a whole lot yet.

Saying that, komo has been fine.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Jordan

Komisarek has been adequate so far, and I don't really expect more than that from him. Certainly has not deserved any wrath so far. There have been defensemen playing worse than him in the 2 games so far.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:32 AM
CauseHesMyButler*

Not sure what your problem is, it's the same old whipping boy stuff. Schenn has been far wore, and Gunn played another 'just ok' game. Yet people want to jump on Komi. We need his toughness and edge in the lineup to keep people honest.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Around here, it seems as though if anybody is bad at anytime, they will be forever bad. Even if Komisarek is playing well, he's still the target of all the criticism.

To put it simply, **** happens. Collapses happen. The team is still super young, and the team rule is that you don't put blame on anyone in particular, never really helps in the end.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:45 AM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
It does matter. You have to play well, and get better. We beat 2 pretty poor teams, so 2-0, while it is as good as it gets, doesn't mean a whole lot yet.

Saying that, komo has been fine.
Montreal is on par with us. I wouldn't call them "pretty poor". They played "pretty poor", but as a team all together, they aren't that.

We had one rough period against Ottawa. Diagnose what happened, and shake it off. Its not going to be the last rough period we experience this year.

2 points, is 2 points.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
80% of the time when a goal goes in, it's the d-mans fault.

Every game we'll have d-men we're upset with

Old
10-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
The Leafs' worst defender against Ottawa was Gunnarsson.
Schenn was worse. so was Gardiner.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Jordan

I suspect Gardiner will be sent to the AHL as soon as Aulie gets his **** together.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:59 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I suspect Gardiner will be sent to the AHL as soon as Aulie gets his **** together.
I would think Franson would get an opportunity before Aulie.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Komisarek simply kills whoever he's with, whether it's Gardiner, Schenn, doesn't matter.

Whoever is partnered with him instantly looks worse.

It's not a coincidence.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
Montreal is on par with us. I wouldn't call them "pretty poor". They played "pretty poor", but as a team all together, they aren't that.

We had one rough period against Ottawa. Diagnose what happened, and shake it off. Its not going to be the last rough period we experience this year.

2 points, is 2 points.

Playing without Markov and losing Campoli early, makes them a poor team. I think they were missing someone else too, but I don't feel like looking up who it was.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:06 PM
deadp0ol

So far based on preseason and the 2 games so far ; phaneuf looks great Gunnarsson and Liles look good, Gardiner and Komi look ok while schenn looked bad. Schenn needs to step up, we know he can do better maybe a lineup change is needed maybe something like:

Liles /Gardiner - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Schenn
Liles/Gardiner - Komi

Old
10-09-2011, 12:15 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Playing without Markov and losing Campoli early, makes them a poor team. I think they were missing someone else too, but I don't feel like looking up who it was.
They played without Markov for the most part of last season, and still managed to make the playoffs. Campoli isn't a big loss, and they added Erik Cole to their lineup... They aren't a poor team, despite my hate for them.

We were missing MacArthur, and Connolly. 1/3 of our top six.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Baba Ganoush

Komisarek has been fine so far. when/if he struggles, we have depth to make up for it.

i don't get why so many seem to want to ship out a defenseman for a forward. injuries and struggles will happen...and right now, we have about as much depth as any playoff team would have. not everyone is going to play well or stay healthy all season...so no need to move anyone right now.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:24 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Komisarek simply kills whoever he's with, whether it's Gardiner, Schenn, doesn't matter.

Whoever is partnered with him instantly looks worse.

It's not a coincidence.
Last year he played with Lebda, not exactly a good D-man. Right now they are pairing him with Gardiner, obviously the coaching staff as enough faith in Komi if they pair him with a rookie who will make mistakes.

I called it taking one game before people started ripping Komi again, the sad part is that he didnt even have a bad game lol. The lack of hockey knowledge that some Leafs "fans" have is a joke

Old
10-09-2011, 12:25 PM
deadp0ol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
They played without Markov for the most part of last season, and still managed to make the playoffs. Campoli isn't a big loss, and they added Erik Cole to their lineup... They aren't a poor team, despite my hate for them.

We were missing MacArthur, and Connolly. 1/3 of our top six.
Dont forget kadri, the kadri-bozak-armstrong line looked stellar in preseason.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:25 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 274

feel free to post the Komisarek Troll face each time a thread like this pops up.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
seanlinden

Maybe it's the much lower expectations, but I really haven't had much of a problem with Komi's game. No, he hasn't been great, but he's made some good plays and it seems that a lot of the problems are coming from Jake Gardiner.

Like others have mentioned, Luke Schenn's play early leaves the most to be desired, notably cutting down on the penalties.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:30 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
People who are blaming Schenn, i don't think he has been playing bad at all, just invisible. I have honestly not noticed him for a second yet. Not entirely a bad thing, but i agree he has to step it up.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
I would think Franson would get an opportunity before Aulie.
Agreed, but they won't want Gardiner sitting as the 7th defenseman for any length of time.

Old
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Old
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Schenn's had a lot of ticky-tack crap calls against him. Incredibly soft ones.

I'm not worried about Luke Schenn in the least.

I'm far more worried about an expensive veteran who if not being showcased would in all honesty not make our roster.

Closed Thread