HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Places to buy jerseys?

Old
10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Dreakon

vCash: 500
Places to buy jerseys?

Hi everyone! I typically can't afford this kind of stuff, but I told myself I'd consider getting a Vanek home jersey if he started out the season strong. Only two games in but I'm convinced. So here I am.

Are there any places around Western NY that might have some deals going on for jerseys? Or is the $180 or so on the Sabres Store website the best I'll be able to do?

Thanks!

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Call and order direct through the Sabres Store. One of few ways to guarantee a legit jersey and your money goes to the team.

eSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Dreakon

Is that what most of the kind folks around here do for jerseys?

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Unless you're morally against it, I'd just get a fake. If you're smart, you can find good fakes that normal fans won't realize are well, fake. Instead of buying 1 jersey for $180, I have 4 knockoffs that the vast majority of my friends don't realize are fake. For that same $180 spent on 1 Vanek jersey, I got my fake Vanek, a Myers, Ovechkin (he's a god you know) and Gretzky Oilers. Just my opinion on it, money is too scarce to spent $180 on one piece of clothing.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Dave and Adams Card World has a great selection and is a bit cheaper (price wise) than the Sabres store ....

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-me...hockey-jerseys

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
LaxSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
Dave and Adams Card World has a great selection and is a bit cheaper (price wise) than the Sabres store ....

I second this - they have the same "on ice" jerseys that the Sabres store has and
the jerseys are cheaper - $135 - and you are helping support a local business.

Heres another link - http://www.daveandadamsstore.com

LS...

Last edited by LaxSabre: 10-09-2011 at 07:43 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
LGB24

I wouldnt go with a fake. I have 2 fakes myself which I thought looked identical for the longest time, but now its obvious to me the differences. Most fakes are fakes for a reason and you can definately tell with the colours and the stitching. Im planning on buying a new jersey because I want a real one, and trying to sell my fakes, it just isnt the same. If youre gonna spend money on a jersey might as well get one you know youll be happy with, and money that will go to the team.

Edit: does Dave and Adams have player jerseys? I only see blank ones

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
I wouldnt go with a fake. I have 2 fakes myself which I thought looked identical for the longest time, but now its obvious to me the differences. Most fakes are fakes for a reason and you can definately tell with the colours and the stitching. Im planning on buying a new jersey because I want a real one, and trying to sell my fakes, it just isnt the same. If youre gonna spend money on a jersey might as well get one you know youll be happy with, and money that will go to the team.

Edit: does Dave and Adams have player jerseys? I only see blank ones
they can and will personalize them for you

Old
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

send this dude an instant message, he will hook you up with the cheapest, best quality jersey ever and his shop is in Buffalo.

sabresfan3383

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Maximrules

I really think your best bet if you really don't want to spend a lot is to Google it and try to find one that way. You can almost always get them cheaper online than any store.
Good luck.

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
send this dude an instant message, he will hook you up with the cheapest, best quality jersey ever and his shop is in Buffalo.

sabresfan3383
that is the Dave and Adams Card World guy

Old
10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

Dave and Adam's is the way to go imo

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

I like the idea of a fake or cheaper alternative but then you are in no way supporting the team with your purchase. This would eat at me personally as well as the differences between the legit and fake versions. I've even looked at quite a few them online and even under simple scrutiny, they are way off.

Contact the guy that P4M posted as others have said he works for D&A's. This way you can sleep well knowing you're actually supporting the team and a local business and you'll have a quality jersey.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedpony View Post
I like the idea of a fake or cheaper alternative but then you are in no way supporting the team with your purchase. This would eat at me personally as well as the differences between the legit and fake versions. I've even looked at quite a few them online and even under simple scrutiny, they are way off.

Contact the guy that P4M posted as others have said he works for D&A's. This way you can sleep well knowing you're actually supporting the team and a local business and you'll have a quality jersey.
Agreed. Most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a real and my fake, but if you were a huge sabres fan or have it for a while the difference glares at you. It just got to the point for me where ive got to buy an authentic one

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:34 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

I can't say that I've bought from them but I am waiting on one from the Sabres Store from slug appreciation day.

I honestly don't even have a replica Reebok yet but will as stated above. Of the two that I do have, the first is a replica CCM and the other is a Kobe with a "concept" logo similar to my avatar.

Yeah and like you said LGB, now that you're buying an authentic replica on top of the fakes, in the end you'll have spent more than if you just initially bought the official thing.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Dave and Adam's is the best IMO and I'm not just saying that because I've been a regular customer for years there. They have the same jerseys as the team wears on the ice and they're only $135 with the bonus card. They have numerous players, almost the whole team to choose from, including all the new acquisitions. They even have McCormick, Leopold, Boyes, Gerbe, etc. You can go in, pay, and walk out with your jersey without having to wait weeks to have it delivered and there's no shipping and handling charge.

When I ordered my Tallinder jersey years ago from NHL.com, it came and it was all ironed on lettering and numbering. I payed over $300 for it so I told myself I'm not ordering anything from NHL.com or the Sabres online store anymore. Dave and Adam's has the right ones for almost half the price. The only time I wouldn't get a Sabres jersey from them is when I'm buying a very uncommon name, like my Niedermayer one last year. I order those customized from Great Skate, who also does a very good job, although you have to wait a few weeks for it to ship.

Last edited by Rivet52: 10-10-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Endless

Sabres store of course , why would you help support a store/company over your beloved team (i wouldn't to save 20-40$ , i guess some people would)

Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I've also gotten some quality jerseys from River City Sports. They're in Canada, so for us Americans it takes a little longer to get here, but their stuff is the same quality as anything in the Sabres store, and prices are pretty darn good too.

They're a member of the stitching club too. No iron on BS!

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:07 AM
ChrisObey

any ideas how to get jerseys in Austria and not having to pay like 50$ of shipping?

ChrisObey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:29 AM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Nth'ing the Dave and Adams Cardworld. Local Buffalo store, and they ship. Speaking of which: sabresfan3383 - If I ship you my Winter Classic Jersey, do you have lettering and numbers for it? Alternatively, would you be able to send me letters and numbers for it? Looking to put Miller on it.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
sabresfan3383

Send a message via AIM to sabresfan3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Dave and Adam's is the best IMO and I'm not just saying that because I've been a regular customer for years there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Costanza View Post
Dave and Adam's is the way to go imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
I second this - they have the same "on ice" jerseys that the Sabres store has and
the jerseys are cheaper - $135 - and you are helping support a local business.
Heres another link - http://www.daveandadamsstore.com
LS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
send this dude an instant message, he will hook you up with the cheapest, best quality jersey ever and his shop is in Buffalo. sabresfan3383
Thank you all for the props, just trying to help out the HF community

Rivet - what store do you go to? If it's Sheridan, odds are we've met and never realized it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
Sabres store of course , why would you help support a store/company over your beloved team (i wouldn't to save 20-40$ , i guess some people would)
We are an official sponsor of the Buffalo Sabres now, as evidenced by our ad in every gamenight program. So at least some of the money definitely does go back to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBizinuez View Post
Nth'ing the Dave and Adams Cardworld. Local Buffalo store, and they ship. Speaking of which: sabresfan3383 - If I ship you my Winter Classic Jersey, do you have lettering and numbers for it? Alternatively, would you be able to send me letters and numbers for it? Looking to put Miller on it.
SB - If you ship it to me, I can get that finished for you, I'll send you a PM shortly

sabresfan3383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3M View Post
any ideas how to get jerseys in Austria and not having to pay like 50$ of shipping?

What you want to do is get someone in the states who you can send money to via paypal or whatever who can get the Jersey for you remove the tags and ship it to you labeled as a gift. If you want the tags they could be sent in a separate envelope.

I have knowledge of such a strategy being used to get Cuban cigars into the states despite the trade embargo the US has on Cuba. Nor do I ever receive shipments labeled as "a gift of decorative candles."

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:10 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan3383 View Post
Thank you all for the props, just trying to help out the HF community

Rivet - what store do you go to? If it's Sheridan, odds are we've met and never realized it

We are an official sponsor of the Buffalo Sabres now, as evidenced by our ad in every gamenight program. So at least some of the money definitely does go back to the team.

SB - If you ship it to me, I can get that finished for you, I'll send you a PM shortly
You work @ DA Sheridan? I go there weekly and get some packs, which guy are you lol

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

I guess this is a good a place to ask as anywhere. As a Sabres fan, I am interested in buying my first jersey. I did have one before but it was a youth jersey about almost 10 years ago (my dad wouldn't get me one until Hasek got traded to Detroit go figure ). I am mainly concerned about getting the right size. Im 6'1 exactly and about 150-155 lbs. I don't really understand the size charts too well or know the correct numbers for myself. I was thinking that just a Large would be right? If anyone could help it would be great.

Another question is people talking about fakes? When you say fakes do you mean the Premier vs. Authentic, because I assume most people actually have Premier jerseys based on the $ numbers thrown around here. Again I was just going to go with a Premier jersey as it looks pretty similar.

I was waiting for the season to see who made the team and got letters. One of my finalist was a Home Luke Adam jersey, and seeing as he made the team and is doing quite well I'm going with him.

All help appreciated.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
I guess this is a good a place to ask as anywhere. As a Sabres fan, I am interested in buying my first jersey. I did have one before but it was a youth jersey about almost 10 years ago (my dad wouldn't get me one until Hasek got traded to Detroit go figure ). I am mainly concerned about getting the right size. Im 6'1 exactly and about 150-155 lbs. I don't really understand the size charts too well or know the correct numbers for myself. I was thinking that just a Large would be right? If anyone could help it would be great.
I have about your same height but have ~30LBS on you and I wear an XL but almost always wear a hoody under mine. but it also isn't crazy big on me without one on either so a L might be OK for you depending on length.

Personally I suggest going down to a reputable dealer of jerseys where you live and try some on. For the most part the sizes will be the same and than you can order what size fits you best.

Hope that info helps you
Quote:
Another question is people talking about fakes? When you say fakes do you mean the Premier vs. Authentic, because I assume most people actually have Premier jerseys based on the $ numbers thrown around here. Again I was just going to go with a Premier jersey as it looks pretty similar.

I was waiting for the season to see who made the team and got letters. One of my finalist was a Home Luke Adam jersey, and seeing as he made the team and is doing quite well I'm going with him.

All help appreciated.
No they are talking actual fakes.... as in not sold from a reputable store and probably having a decent amount of defects.

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote