HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Where in the World is Kirill Kabanov ?

Old
10-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishhockeysupport View Post
I have looked at the Bridgeport rooster, but i don't know which forward i shall pick, will you help me? Top secret: They say, if we don't find anyone at Bridgeport, maybe just maybe they have a free pick from the Islanders! Maybe even 2picks!
LOL give it up man, no player is going to be forced to play in Sweden if they do not want to. KK may have to go but if he doesn't nothing will come of this.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Isles Junkie

can someone just answer me this 1 question.

Is this kid going to be practicing with a team/playing a game any time soon?

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 10:54 AM
swedishhockeysupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

If you see a team with guide dogs out on the ice you may spot Kabanov. He may play this Friday i think, according to some news. It's very hard to recognise individual players in these teams though, mainly because of the thick bottle glasses they wear, and because they tend to unknowingly switch yerseys with eachother.

swedishhockeysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:34 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:

He has been assigned his billet family up in Shawinigan, and began practicing with the club yesterday

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 08:54 PM
swedishhockeysupport

News out. Here is the deal:

Islanders wanted Kabanov playing in Farjestad, but when problem arised with the visa, they couldn't wait any longer. Mr Kabanov hasn't played in 2 weeks and when they told the Islanders, that it will probably take 2 weeks fixing the visa, they had to act. Rundqvist says they have a few days to fix the visa, but he don't think they can solve it so fast. But now you know. If they fix the visa in a few days, he should be in Sweden latest this Thursday, he will play for Farjestad it seems.

Old
10-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Isles Junkie

Can't they give him the Strome treatment in the meantime, so he's at least skating with a team? Would there be anything against that? I suppose the only downside would be adding +1 to the 50 contracts per season rule.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Can't they give him the Strome treatment in the meantime, so he's at least skating with a team? Would there be anything against that? I suppose the only downside would be adding +1 to the 50 contracts per season rule.
As noted before, he began practicing with Shawinigan yesterday.

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:05 PM
JKP

Here. Can we end this Sweden silliness now.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
JKP

Additionally:

"The left-winger will play his first game in his new team this Friday, October 21 while the Victoriaville Tigres are at the Centre Bionest." (translated)

http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/Cat...tit-Broadway/1

Old
10-16-2011, 11:32 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post

Is that one of his teammates? they both look feminine, at least Kabanov is taller.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Mavericknyc1980

This is the year he develops his talent.

Mavericknyc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I wonder if playing on the large Swedish ice surface will affect his development.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:51 AM
drive45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I wonder if playing on the large Swedish ice surface will affect his development.
Won't have to worry about this in Shawinigan. I like Russians with droopy eyelids, they remind me of Malkin!

drive45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:33 AM
mabisles

Quote:
Additionally:

"The left-winger will play his first game in his new team this Friday, October 21 while the Victoriaville Tigres are at the Centre Bionest." (translated)

Quote:

This is excellent news! If everything goes well for him we should see him playing at the 2012 Memorial Cup as Shawinigan will host the tournament.

mabisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:04 AM
potvins4cups

He belongs in the QMJHL with shawnigan. forget about sweden.

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 10:09 AM
swedishhockeysupport

Quote:
Additionally:

If you tough guy can read, you already see that i have handled out that date in this thread already. But it remains to be seen if they fix this visa, you will not see Mr Kabanov in North America this season, that is if Islanders doesn't have bribed the visa office, and lies about the whole thing. If that's the case silly swedes will not see any Mr Kabanov this season it seems.

Old
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
If you tough guy can read, you already see that i have handled out that date in this thread already. But it remains to be seen if they fix this visa, you will not see Mr Kabanov in North America this season, that is if Islanders doesn't have bribed the visa office, and lies about the whole thing. If that's the case silly swedes will not see any Mr Kabanov this season it seems.
My sources tell me that representatives of the Islanders and Farjestad met at the Trelleborg shipping docks to make the hand-off of the player, but secret reps from Shawnigan swapped out the real visa for a fake one that comes in every box of Captain Crunch. The Swedes got pissed and then demanded money to release Kabanov from his contract. At that point, Wang stuffed a duffel bag with old CA IOUs and they made a break for the Danish border in a cigarette boat. Kabby was last heard singing Waterloo as the boat spray soaked the reps. In retaliation, all future performances of Mamma Mia at the Westbury Music Fair have been cancelled.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
gramatanboy

Does anyone know if Kabanov plays in Sweden will he lose a year on his entry level contract as opposed to playing in the Q, which will not count against his ELC??

gramatanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
JKP

Quote:
I have no idea why you continue to believe this... He's clearly playing for Shawinigan... he's wearing their sweater in a photo-op in the local paper for crying out loud.

Give it up. It's over. He's NOT going to Sweden. If you want to see him, you need to come to Quebec or the Maritimes.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
DanNYI2191

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
My sources tell me that representatives of the Islanders and Farjestad met at the Trelleborg shipping docks to make the hand-off of the player, but secret reps from Shawnigan swapped out the real visa for a fake one that comes in every box of Captain Crunch. The Swedes got pissed and then demanded money to release Kabanov from his contract. At that point, Wang stuffed a duffel bag with old CA IOUs and they made a break for the Danish border in a cigarette boat. Kabby was last heard singing Waterloo as the boat spray soaked the reps. In retaliation, all future performances of Mamma Mia at the Westbury Music Fair have been cancelled.
I at that

DanNYI2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
OpAck

Quote:
Fine. We'll give you DiPietro.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Those ratings are bunk. Trust me, if you can land one, it's amazing. Sweet, fruity and rich. The only beer I can put ahead of Maudite.
mmm. Maudite. I thought that company stopped making beer. I had two twelve packs I kept aside for the longest time but kept moving so much I had to drink it. I prefer La Fin Du Monde though.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
mmm. Maudite. I thought that company stopped making beer. I had two twelve packs I kept aside for the longest time but kept moving so much I had to drink it. I prefer La Fin Du Monde though.
They still got it going. I see them both on the grocery shelves out here but they never sell due to the insane markup in price ($9.99 US).

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:22 AM
swedishhockeysupport

As of yesterday, as some of you might already know, Mr Kabanov is ready to play for his new team in North America.

Also, thanks to beach for making some fun of this situation, as i have tried also.

Old
10-21-2011, 10:49 AM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
As of yesterday, as some of you might already know, Mr Kabanov is ready to play for his new team in North America.

Also, thanks to beach for making some fun of this situation, as i have tried also.
I heard he's wearing a Farjestad jersey with full undergarments in classic Swedish YELLOW, in honor of "what might have been"

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote