HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where in the World is Kirill Kabanov ?

Old
10-22-2011, 07:20 AM
JKP

vCash: 500
KK didn't play last night as he was expected to. The team is still waiting to get a release from the Russian Ice Hockey Federation, which can apparently take up to 14 days. So the soap opera continues a bit... Not sure if they'll have it for today's game against Cape Breton or not.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 08:42 AM
ndgolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
My sources tell me that representatives of the Islanders and Farjestad met at the Trelleborg shipping docks to make the hand-off of the player, but secret reps from Shawnigan swapped out the real visa for a fake one that comes in every box of Captain Crunch. The Swedes got pissed and then demanded money to release Kabanov from his contract. At that point, Wang stuffed a duffel bag with old CA IOUs and they made a break for the Danish border in a cigarette boat. Kabby was last heard singing Waterloo as the boat spray soaked the reps. In retaliation, all future performances of Mamma Mia at the Westbury Music Fair have been cancelled.
THAT is FUNNY!

ndgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 09:24 AM
25yearfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
My sources tell me that representatives of the Islanders and Farjestad met at the Trelleborg shipping docks to make the hand-off of the player, but secret reps from Shawnigan swapped out the real visa for a fake one that comes in every box of Captain Crunch. The Swedes got pissed and then demanded money to release Kabanov from his contract. At that point, Wang stuffed a duffel bag with old CA IOUs and they made a break for the Danish border in a cigarette boat. Kabby was last heard singing Waterloo as the boat spray soaked the reps. In retaliation, all future performances of Mamma Mia at the Westbury Music Fair have been cancelled.
Westbury Music Fair also announces they will no longer sell Swedish Fish at intermission, and all Volvos parked in their lot will be towed during shows....

25yearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:02 AM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25yearfan View Post
Westbury Music Fair also announces they will no longer sell Swedish Fish at intermission, and all Volvos parked in their lot will be towed during shows....
Volvo's are still good, they're owned by a Chinese company now, so Wang's ok with them.

Old
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
KK didn't play last night as he was expected to. The team is still waiting to get a release from the Russian Ice Hockey Federation, which can apparently take up to 14 days. So the soap opera continues a bit... Not sure if they'll have it for today's game against Cape Breton or not.
I tried to figure out what was going on, but 95% of the posts in this thread are not specific or joking with misinformation. I appreciate your just stating the facts. I am still confused though... was there a mistake on his visa, or did he outright lose it? I know a kid playing for a club in Canada who went to the US during the season, but he got drunk, lost his visa, and couldn't rejoin his team for a long time. I hope this isn't a similar situation.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I tried to figure out what was going on, but 95% of the posts in this thread are not specific or joking with misinformation. I appreciate your just stating the facts. I am still confused though... was there a mistake on his visa, or did he outright lose it? I know a kid playing for a club in Canada who went to the US during the season, but he got drunk, lost his visa, and couldn't rejoin his team for a long time. I hope this isn't a similar situation.
I assume Russians would need a visa to get into Canada but he's already in Shawinigan so that's not the problem.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:51 PM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Here's what's happened near as I can piece together.

- The Armada had three imports, having acquired KK's rights in a dispersal from Lewiston when they went under.

- They couldn't have three imports, so KK, when he was cut from the Isles had no Junior team to return to.

- The Isles tried to cut a deal to have him go to a Swedish team, but there were visa issues that caused a delay

- During that delay, the Armada traded KK's rights to Shawinigan

- KK / Isles elected to go there instead.

- Apparently, in order for Russians to play in the CHL, there needs to be some kind of release from the Russian Federation obtained. This is unrelated to the visa issue (which was a Swedish thing)

- The release can take up to 14 days, and hasn't come through yet. The coach sounded like it was just a routine paperwork thing that's taking time. He missed last night and will miss today's game as well.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Isles Junkie

this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Shoulda Stromed him in the meantime. at least he'd be practicing & learning something.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:

- The Armada had three imports, having acquired KK's rights in a dispersal from Lewiston when they went under.

- They couldn't have three imports, so KK, when he was cut from the Isles had no Junior team to return to.

- The Isles tried to cut a deal to have him go to a Swedish team, but there were visa issues that caused a delay

- Apparently, in order for Russians to play in the CHL, there needs to be some kind of release from the Russian Federation obtained. This is unrelated to the visa issue (which was a Swedish thing)

- The release can take up to 14 days, and hasn't come through yet. The coach sounded like it was just a routine paperwork thing that's taking time. He missed last night and will miss today's game as well.
I think you've got it right there.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 09:40 PM
JKP

Here's an interview with KK. The page is in french, the video in english.

http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/Cat...upe-Memorial/1

Old
10-25-2011, 09:48 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:

Hey thanks. That's one little mess he's in.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote