HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bolts @ Caps. 7pm. Verizon Center. 10.10.2011.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
MoJoSauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2edAlien View Post
Sure let's give him the benefit of the doubt... again.

Just be the dynamic lucky-scores-even-though-laying-flat-on-ice-Ovie again please.

Honestly I think it's just he's outting too much pressure on himself... with the C on his chest and multiple post season failures... and the success of his supposive counterpart.

He's due for team hardware. Luck hasn't been with him for quite a while now... it's about time it came back.
He spent 24 hours traveling in the last 6 days and lost a close relative. I can understand him missing this practice, he looked out of it in game 1 as well. rest is needed for him

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:16 PM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
I was thinking the thumb could use a rest

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
i2edAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
He spent 24 hours traveling in the last 6 days and lost a close relative. I can understand him missing this practice, he looked out of it in game 1 as well. rest is needed for him
I didn't mean to come across as a cold-hearted mofo :p

I was just taking a cheap shot at him for all the other times. I probably shouldn't have.

i2edAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Vabeachblue

Scoaring some goals tonight will shut us all up!!!

Vabeachblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
MoJoSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2edAlien View Post
I didn't mean to come across as a cold-hearted mofo :p

I was just taking a cheap shot at him for all the other times. I probably shouldn't have.
Yeah, I missed that. Now if he starts missing all the optional morning skates then I will agree with you. Hopefully he lights it up tonight

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
txpd

did anyone happen to catch tripp tracy's comment after ovechkin was slashed and clearly felt it? they actually in a very straight forward way said it was a good thing.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Vabeachblue

I saw the slash, OV cant be getting his wrist slashed

Old
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Bummer to read Ohlund is out tonight. I keep holdng out hope someone lays him out. Guess have to keep waiting.

As for OV missing practice, I hope his thumb is ok from that slash. He sure did stay down a bit staring at it. Consideriing how Nickey played last year with his broken digit, I am worried about OV.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:23 PM
The Viking Fury

Not a fan of Perrault on the 4th line at the expense of Beagle. 2nd line or nothing dammit.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:23 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
I think missing the morning skate has more to do with his energy level from traveling more then the slash.

A few of the guys that started over in Europe have been tweeting about how much they slept and being off schedule etc, Fowler slept 12 hours (for example) after getting back. Ovechkin came back from Russia and skated 2 times before playing a game the next day.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
did anyone happen to catch tripp tracy's comment after ovechkin was slashed and clearly felt it? they actually in a very straight forward way said it was a good thing.
Less we forget that it was Tuomo Ruutu who ended Wideman's season prematurely last year. Seems to me if the trend continues, pay backs may be in order.

BiPolar Caps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:38 PM
BPMrules

I'm pretty sure OV got hurt on that slash. He had a hard time holding his stick in that hand afterwards.
It would make sense that he missed the practice since he got whacked, traveled a ton, and lost a close relative in the matter of 5 days. Let him take the rest, he probably needs it.
Lastly, if he is hurt, even slightly(playable) it would be stupid of Boudreau to start him tonight. It's the second game of the season, no need to aggravate it, or risk him getting whacked by someone else, and hurting himself to where he'll miss serious time. There's another 80 games of the reg season after tonight, no reason to make him miss 10 or 15 of them when he could get rested.
To be honest, at this point, I wish the C had been given to Laich, not that OV doesn't deserve it, but putting the weight of the team on him isn't going to help the situation. Laich isn't counted on the be the Superman of the team like OV is. Then OV can be himself again, and not be what an entire organization is trying to make him, in addition to drawing criticism from the league for every move he makes. Laich is a dependable guy who puts goals in the net, leads by example, as well as in the locker room, it would be a better fit, I think.

BPMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMrules View Post
I'm pretty sure OV got hurt on that slash. He had a hard time holding his stick in that hand afterwards.
It would make sense that he missed the practice since he got whacked, traveled a ton, and lost a close relative in the matter of 5 days. Let him take the rest, he probably needs it.
Lastly, if he is hurt, even slightly(playable) it would be stupid of Boudreau to start him tonight. It's the second game of the season, no need to aggravate it, or risk him getting whacked by someone else, and hurting himself to where he'll miss serious time. There's another 80 games of the reg season after tonight, no reason to make him miss 10 or 15 of them when he could get rested.
To be honest, at this point, I wish the C had been given to Laich, not that OV doesn't deserve it, but putting the weight of the team on him isn't going to help the situation. Laich isn't counted on the be the Superman of the team like OV is. Then OV can be himself again, and not be what an entire organization is trying to make him, in addition to drawing criticism from the league for every move he makes. Laich is a dependable guy who puts goals in the net, leads by example, as well as in the locker room, it would be a better fit, I think.

Laich

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
bags92

I wish we would just scratch Perreault tonight. I loved the way our 3rd and 4th line played against Carolina and Perreault isn't gonna do much good on the 4th line. Glad to hear Vokoun in net though.

bags92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM
um

Quote:
OV is our captain, no one else come close to deserving it

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Vabeachblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bags92 View Post
I wish we would just scratch Perreault tonight. I loved the way our 3rd and 4th line played against Carolina and Perreault isn't gonna do much good on the 4th line. Glad to hear Vokoun in net though.
The truth!!!!!!

Old
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Less we forget that it was Tuomo Ruutu who ended Wideman's season prematurely last year. Seems to me if the trend continues, pay backs may be in order.
That wasn't Ruutu's fault though.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
levnest

has anyone noticed Ovi is generating much less speed, especially the last 2 years? or is it just me...
he used to fly by defenders.

levnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
txpd

Quote:
wait. i love laich as much or more than the next guy, but team captain is not team secretary. laich is not counted on to be superman. thats right. he is not counted on. when the team needs a play they look to the captain. when the team needs to be saved, they look to the captain. when the team needs a big hit, they look to the captain. none of those things is brooks laich. its not even mike knuble.

lets be honest. the guy that is going to motivate the caps best players to be their best players is not brooks laich. the example that he leads by example with doesnt connect with what 8, 19, 28, 52, 74, 90 and so forth need to bring.

brooks is the team mouthpiece but he's not a team captain. if he were at this point, he would have earned an A on his sweater by now.

frankly if 8 is not the C on this team, it falls next to 19.

Old
10-10-2011, 04:51 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Give it to 28!

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:55 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Give it to 28!
The hilarity on the main boards would make it worth it.

MP should have been scratched.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:53 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Added caps lineup to the first thread post.

10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
txpd

seems our friends on the TB forum dont like and dont see the value in our interest in running rollie.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
TRASHCAT

Reminder that NHL Center ice is available for free until Oct 23. So enjoy 2 weeks of caps hockey.

However this game is on versus.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

The only sense I can make out of that 4th line is that BB intends to roll 3 lines. Have Hendricks run Rollie til he's ejected... play MP only on the 2nd PP... and Halpy on the pk...

So in other words... what the heck?

edit: and maybe he wants MP available to push MoJo during the game?

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote