HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lighting up the Rant Torch

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2004, 12:27 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Lighting up the Rant Torch

Alright, I have been relatively silent long enough.

After a pathetic summer, and recent insanity on these Oiler boards, the worst day in a long time comes along, and I'm bloody pissed off.

This is absolute CRAP.

Once again, Kevin Lowe tried to low-ball a player into a contract, because apparently it's some great privilege to play here and players should have to take less. GARBAGE! Kevin Lowe never intended to sign Nedved, and the speech coming is almost almost surely to be "We're going to wait for our young guys, develop them......blah.......blah.......blah.."

SHOVE IT you over-rated pathetic General Manager. You've flat-out BLOWN assets of this franchise, and given away players we NEED to get anywhere. If this team does not immediately go get someone to fill that hole, it will regress TERRIBLY in the following season.

We finally had some lines that worked. We finally had some natural chemsitry at the top. We finally had a guy who could actually freakin score and he's GONE over a few dollars that won't get spent. Congratulations, you've fooled all the season ticket holders again you hack. We get to watch a third-rate hockey team 'try hard' all season long, while you sit there saying we're on course and all the same old garbage.

This day proves that Kevin Lowe will not do what is necessary to win. All the other viable options are inferior or cost too much in assets or dollars.

Nedved was the best solution, and YOU BLEW IT!

I'm so outraged to be shelling out my dough for THIS kind of management.

You can't ever win unless you gradually progress, yet every time we have the players to do so, there is no committment to them, instead it's stretch stretch stretch, which is not only idiotic in hockey sense, it's idiotic in business sense as you lose buyers, lose interest, lose market, lose playoff dollars, you LOSE LOSE LOSE.

Where's the option Lowe??? Where is it??? Are you going to trade for a guy around Nedved's level and waste an asset??? Sign an inferior center??? Go with Shawn Shawn the offensive Moron as your #1 center with the Fabulous Brad Isbister riding shot-gun all the way to the Stanley Cup????

Kevin Lowe is either delusional, intentionally misleading everyone, or has something drastic up his sleeve.

I can't see it being the last one, that would take a GM with guts and brains.

I think I might have to rant again tomorrow, I didn't convey everything because my mind is still fried from work today, but I'm just freakin outraged right now.

What was the point of getting him at the end of last season then Lowe??? It obviously wasn't to get someone in here to fill a hole, or make the team complete. It was quite obviously to mislead fans, and cost us places in the draft. Thanks a ton.

Now do something before I get REALLY angry.

Old
08-27-2004, 12:33 AM
oh_canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

After a pathetic summer, and recent insanity on these Oiler boards, the worst day in a long time comes along, and I'm bloody pissed off.

This is absolute CRAP.

Once again, Kevin Lowe tried to low-ball a player into a contract, because apparently it's some great privilege to play here and players should have to take less. GARBAGE! Kevin Lowe never intended to sign Nedved, and the speech coming is almost almost surely to be "We're going to wait for our young guys, develop them......blah.......blah.......blah.."

SHOVE IT you over-rated pathetic General Manager. You've flat-out BLOWN assets of this franchise, and given away players we NEED to get anywhere. If this team does not immediately go get someone to fill that hole, it will regress TERRIBLY in the following season.

We finally had some lines that worked. We finally had some natural chemsitry at the top. We finally had a guy who could actually freakin score and he's GONE over a few dollars that won't get spent. Congratulations, you've fooled all the season ticket holders again you hack. We get to watch a third-rate hockey team 'try hard' all season long, while you sit there saying we're on course and all the same old garbage.

This day proves that Kevin Lowe will not do what is necessary to win. All the other viable options are inferior or cost too much in assets or dollars.

You can't ever win unless you gradually progress, yet every time we have the players to do so, there is no committment to them, instead it's stretch stretch stretch, which is not only idiotic in hockey sense, it's idiotic in business sense as you lose buyers, lose interest, lose market, lose playoff dollars, you LOSE LOSE LOSE.

Where's the option Lowe??? Where is it??? Are you going to trade for a guy around Nedved's level and waste an asset??? Sign an inferior center??? Go with Shawn Shawn the offensive Moron as your #1 center with the Fabulous Brad Isbister riding shot-gun all the way to the Stanley Cup????

Kevin Lowe is either delusional, intentionally misleading everyone, or has something drastic up his sleeve.

I think I might have to rant again tomorrow, I didn't convey everything because my mind is still fried from work today, but I'm just freakin outraged right now.

What was the point of getting him at the end of last season then Lowe??? It obviously wasn't to get someone in here to fill a hole, or make the team complete. It was quite obviously to mislead fans, and cost us places in the draft. Thanks a ton.

Settle down LMHF, a)I would dare say Nedved will not be the piece that takes us to the cup, b)and no point getting all bent out of shape when there likely wont even be a season this year. Lets wait and see what comes available after the mushroom cloud of a cba is settled, I have a feelling we might be esctatic that nedved didnt sign here.

To many guys are like chicken little the sky did not fall today, even though i must admit Phoenix was very shrewd today.....great move on their part I am a bit jealous...

Old
08-27-2004, 12:35 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_canuck
Settle down LMHF, a)I would dare say Nedved will not be the piece that takes us to the cup, b)and no point getting all bent out of shape when there likely wont even be a season this year. Lets wait and see what comes available after the mushroom cloud of a cba is settled, I have a feelling we might be esctatic that nedved didnt sign here.

To many guys are like chicken little the sky did not fall today, even though i must admit Phoenix was very shrewd today.....great move on their part I am a bit jealous...
a) But he's part of it.

b) that makes me even angrier.

Old
08-27-2004, 12:39 AM
The Rage

Quote:
a) But he's part of it.
But he's not. He's just not worth 3 million a year. I think we dodged a bullet on this Nedved thing.

Old
08-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_canuck

IMO it was Calgary that were the shrewd ones today...they got the perfect replacement for Craig Conroy and only had to give up spare parts to do it.

Nedved may be a little better than Langkow offensively, but he's a LOT worse defensively. IMO Phoenix is going to lose a lot of 4-3 and 5-4 games w/ Nedved and Comrie as their top 2 centers.

Old
08-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:

This is absolute CRAP.

[b/]SHOVE IT you over-rated pathetic General Manager.[/b] You've flat-out BLOWN assets of this franchise, and given away players we NEED to get anywhere. If this team does not immediately go get someone to fill that hole, it will regress TERRIBLY in the following season.

Now I'm going on a rant and it's about this stupid post. I'm really getting sick of all this name calling. There is no need to call anyone names. Kevin Lowe is not an over-rated pathetic GM or Garbage. How can KL be over-rated when he's the most criticized GM in NHL history.

Petr Nedved signed for less in Phoenix than Edmonton was offering. To me that tells me that Veronika had something to do with where Nedved signed.

What's really frustrating is that Lowe has gotten criticized for every trade he's made since become GM. When Hamrlik got traded, fans wanted him fired. Slats was never criticized this much when he was GM. Lowe has had this crap thrown at him for the third time.

When Carter and Niinimaa were traded, Lowe recieved death threats. I can see the same thing happening again.

08-27-2004, 01:25 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Now I'm going on a rant and it's about this stupid post. I'm really getting sick of all this name calling. There is no need to call anyone names. Kevin Lowe is not an over-rated pathetic GM or Garbage. How can KL be over-rated when he's the most criticized GM in NHL history.

Petr Nedved signed for less in Phoenix than Edmonton was offering. To me that tells me that Veronika had something to do with where Nedved signed.

What's really frustrating is that Lowe has gotten criticized for every trade he's made since become GM. When Hamrlik got traded, fans wanted him fired. Slats was never criticized this much when he was GM. Lowe has had this crap thrown at him for the third time.

When Carter and Niinimaa were traded, Lowe recieved death threats. I can see the same thing happening again.
I stand by everything I said.

And he deserves to be critcized on his trades........where are the wins????

Most criticized ever??? That's rich! More like most excuses ever made........

Old
08-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

I don't think everyone understands this, so here it is again...

1. Lowe made an offer to Nedved.

2. Nedved declined and wanted more money.

3. Lowe said no.

4. Nedved signed in Phoenix for less money than what Lowe offered.

How exactly is this Lowe's fault? He made an offer, it wasn't enough apparently, and then it turned out it was actually more than what Phoenix signed Petr for.

In my opinion, Nedved stabbed Lowe right in the back on this one and he lied to Oiler fans with his "I want to play here" ********.

Old
08-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You know your crap is pathetic. You hate Lowe and no matter what Lowe does, you'll criticize him. I'm really getting fed up with the junk you write.

So basically you're saying that Lowe has gotten fleeced in every trade. Believe me, Lowe is the most criticized GM in the NHL. I stand by that.

Slats never received death threats like Lowe did when he traded Niinimaa and Carter. Fans wanted Lowe fired after he traded Hamrlik to the Islanders. That was his first trade. Did fans want Slats fired after his first trade? No.

Grow up. I'm really getting fed up with all the thrash that's being said about Lowe around the Internet.

Nedved did sign for less with the Coyotes than what Edmonton offered. Nedved wanted 3.3 from Edmonton but signed for less with the Coyotes.

Old
08-27-2004, 01:56 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
But he's not. He's just not worth 3 million a year. I think we dodged a bullet on this Nedved thing.
This isn't much different from the Oates and Dopita experiments...spending money to look for a much needed #1 center. Except this time we KNOW that Nedved will work out for the team.

I don't see how Lowe was willing to spend all that money on Oates and Dopita but yet not wanting to spend a little more for a proven commodity.

Old
08-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
This isn't much different from the Oates and Dopita experiments...spending money to look for a much needed #1 center. Except this time we KNOW that Nedved will work out for the team.

I don't see how Lowe was willing to spend all that money on Oates and Dopita but yet not wanting to spend a little more for a proven commodity.
Why is Lowe getting blamed for everything except the kitchen sink? Nedved didn't want to be here and used the Oilers for a contract. He signed for less with the Coyotes than the Oilers offered him. How is this Lowe's fault?

Old
08-27-2004, 02:03 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Why is Lowe getting blamed for everything except the kitchen sink? Nedved didn't want to be here and used the Oilers for a contract. He signed for less with the Coyotes than the Oilers offered him. How is this Lowe's fault?
I think at this point whether or not he wanted to sign here is speculation. But until the truth comes out we all need a scapegoat. I just happen to question Lowe's motives.

edit: okay, I did not know that Nedved signed for less...guess it swings the favor meter back to Lowe's side.

Old
08-27-2004, 02:08 AM
SerbianEagle

I too hate having to backtrack, but Nedved signing for less does swing the pendulum back to the middle. I didn't know about it either until a few moments ago.

Old
08-27-2004, 02:23 AM
oh_canuck

Quote:

Ask Tommy Salo where the wins are this team was very strong when it had only decent goaltending....

Old
08-27-2004, 02:25 AM
oh_canuck

Quote:

Niether Oates nor Dopita were 3 year deals, and niether were at $3M a year....so not comparable IMO

Old
08-27-2004, 02:34 AM
jiggyman

first of all, your thread is stupid, you know **** about being a gm, you just assume this was all Lowes fault, because like many Oilers fan, need someone in the organization to blame.

Why the hell do people think of Nedved as our saviour or something, he came in during a hotstreak, and those are the only games he played. You will see on Phoenix, Nedved is not a PPG player, yes he has a good shot, but I dont' see much beyone that.

Don't bash Lowe when you have no clue whats going on, you think you know all from what you hear in the media. You don't know what else he has lined up, he clearly said that he will have a Centre before the season starts. It looks like August to me, and we don't even know when next season will be. Seriously, shut the hell up, do you feel better about yourself bashing someone from the organization every chance you get?

Old
08-27-2004, 02:36 AM
The Rage

Quote:
How do you know that? Bottom line, he is very poor in some areas (defensively especially), which more than makes up for his strengths. Dopita and Oates were failures, but that doesn't justify giving Nedved 10 million dollars,

Old
08-27-2004, 02:58 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
You know your crap is pathetic. You hate Lowe and no matter what Lowe does, you'll criticize him. I'm really getting fed up with the junk you write.

So basically you're saying that Lowe has gotten fleeced in every trade. Believe me, Lowe is the most criticized GM in the NHL. I stand by that.

Slats never received death threats like Lowe did when he traded Niinimaa and Carter. Fans wanted Lowe fired after he traded Hamrlik to the Islanders. That was his first trade. Did fans want Slats fired after his first trade? No.

Grow up. I'm really getting fed up with all the thrash that's being said about Lowe around the Internet.

Nedved did sign for less with the Coyotes than what Edmonton offered. Nedved wanted 3.3 from Edmonton but signed for less with the Coyotes.
When Lowe actually does something that indicates he's going to deliver the winner he so often promises, I WILL! Until then, he's gonna get my criticism for not addressing our needs, and being way too patient/lenient with our players and situation OR attempting to mislead the fans severely. Because it's one of the two. It's not like he has nothing to work with, as many would have you believe.

I'd gladly say everything I have to Kevin Lowe. And if I had any position where I could exert influence, I would.

What Nedved signed with the Coyotes for is also irrelevant to our situation, because the squabble HERE was supposedly over money, and it could have been fixed, with Kevin Lowe making a concious decision not to. Just like other conscious decisions including those involving Tommy Salo, Mike Comrie, Janne Niinimaa, Todd Marchant, Dan Cleary, and others.

How about some responsibility taking instead of excuse and "promise" making?

Old
08-27-2004, 03:00 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyman
first of all, your thread is stupid, you know **** about being a gm, you just assume this was all Lowes fault, because like many Oilers fan, need someone in the organization to blame.

Why the hell do people think of Nedved as our saviour or something, he came in during a hotstreak, and those are the only games he played. You will see on Phoenix, Nedved is not a PPG player, yes he has a good shot, but I dont' see much beyone that.

Don't bash Lowe when you have no clue whats going on, you think you know all from what you hear in the media. You don't know what else he has lined up, he clearly said that he will have a Centre before the season starts. It looks like August to me, and we don't even know when next season will be. Seriously, shut the hell up, do you feel better about yourself bashing someone from the organization every chance you get?
Go ahead, defend him to the death. It's just going to end in more excuses until there's no sense arguing anymore. That's the thing about defending someone in such a sketchy area.

Fact is this: We aren't winning, Lowe isn't making moves to take us there, and he's either delusional, about to make the biggest steal trade in history (doubtful as it never happens around here, we react too slowly), or he's misleading. It's one of the 3.

Old
08-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Bileur

All you can do is pray to god the oilers get Zhamnov(underrated IMO)

Old
08-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Asiaoil

Once again I feel like a voice in the wilderness. The problem is not losing Nedved - it's letting Calgary get Langkow. Note to Lowe: you not only compete by improving your own team - you can also stop other teams from getting better by beating them to the punch on certain assets. Calgary played a major role in not only allowing the dogs to sign Nedved - but they also scooped Langkow - all from under Lowe's nose. Pretty pathetic job of GMing IMO.

Old
08-27-2004, 03:19 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
Once again I feel like a voice in the wilderness. The problem is not losing Nedved - it's letting Calgary get Langkow. Note to Lowe: you not only compete by improving your own team - you can also stop other teams from getting better by beating them to the punch on certain assets. Calgary played a major role in not only allowing the dogs to sign Nedved - but they also scooped Langkow - all from under Lowe's nose. Pretty pathetic job of GMing IMO.
Calgary getting an Oiler-killer, that's another sign of a great day.......

Old
08-27-2004, 03:24 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
think clearly for a minute people. We simply saw the worst GM in the league get fleeced by the Flames because he was in love with Gauthier. It's amazing that people who know absolutely nothing of what did and is really happening can speak like they could do the job better. That's why I don't hang Lowe for a trade HE WAS IN NO WAY INVOLVED IN!!! You need to stop and think for a change. People on this board have become so extremely fickle as to want to blame Lowe for the Flames making a good trade. It's pathetic.

08-27-2004, 04:25 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

"We are planning for post 2004 success"....

Well the time is now...We've been told to wait and wait and wait until 2004 to start having a winning hockey team. Look what we have...An unproven #1 goalie...No #1 center...No #1 stud dman...(*note* I really like Brewer but he is not the #1 guy we need to be a contender)...When your GM slowly lets all the pieces of the puzzle fall off the table and helplessly watch the dog eat them, you know you arn't going anywhere soon....Let me guess after this we will be hearing "We are planning for post 20050 success."

Old
08-27-2004, 04:32 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
All you can do is pray to god the oilers get Zhamnov(underrated IMO)
are you ****ing joking?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Go to the hawks or Philly boards and call that slug underratted

Closed Thread