HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So I'm Going To Two Games:

Old
10-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Devastate

vCash: 500
So I'm Going To Two Games:

December 2nd vs the Ducks in Anaheim
December 3rd vs the Coyotes in Phoenix

Two teams that Bryz has already played for. Back to back nights so there's a chance i may get to see both Bryz and Bob. Also, I played for both of their ECHL teams. This is going to be a blast for me.

Any other people located out west who may be attending one of these games?

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Krishna

Nice.
Ill be attending the game ....in spirit.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post

Two teams that Bryz has already played for. Back to back nights so there's a chance i may get to see both Bryz and Bob. Also, I played for both of their ECHL teams. This is going to be a blast for me.

thats awesome. look at you. what years did you play?

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
thats awesome. look at you. what years did you play?
2010-2011

I was picked up by the Las Vegas Wranglers(Coyotes team), sent to the Elmira Jackals(Duck's team), and released when the Ducks signed Ray Emery.

I didn't bother trying to play this year because i personally feel like I have a lot of holes i need to work on, but i'm trying to play in Europe next year.

Old
10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
2010-2011

I was picked up by the Las Vegas Wranglers(Coyotes team), sent to the Elmira Jackals(Duck's team), and released when the Ducks signed Ray Emery.

I didn't bother trying to play this year because i personally feel like I have a lot of holes i need to work on, but i'm trying to play in Europe next year.
im not askin what you made, but whats a top salary in the echl? im curious cause some of the players are older and i wonder how they do it considering their age, possible family situations and you do travel so its probably hard to have a second job. also, i assume your a goalie?

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Devastate

Money is one of the reasons i'm not playing this year, as well. The job i'm working until i go try out in Europe pays me a good amount more.

ECHL is between 17 and 30 thousand depending on who you are. We also get our housing covered for 9 months. But of course, you got to pay for your own food, entertainment, etc etc. Generally in the 3 months off the lower paid guys have to find a summer job.

I've known a bunch of people who give up on their hockey careers at the age of 24 or 25 because of the financial situations. Also, a lot of us ECHLers will go to europe. Someone also told me Japan is an option, but in all honesty i've never looked into Japan.

And yes, i'm a goalie. Been one for about 17 years now. Never played another position.

Old
10-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Money is one of the reasons i'm not playing this year, as well. The job i'm working until i go try out in Europe pays me a good amount more.

ECHL is between 17 and 30 thousand depending on who you are. We also get our housing covered for 9 months. But of course, you got to pay for your own food, entertainment, etc etc. Generally in the 3 months off the lower paid guys have to find a summer job.

I've known a bunch of people who give up on their hockey careers at the age of 24 or 25 because of the financial situations. Also, a lot of us ECHLers will go to europe. Someone also told me Japan is an option, but in all honesty i've never looked into Japan.

And yes, i'm a goalie. Been one for about 17 years now. Never played another position.
pardon for seeming rude but i did a hockeydb search and found no goalie to play for both wranglers and jackals... i am very intrigued would you mind sharing your name?..

also that pretty decent salary... my buddy works for the Camden Riversharks, a independent baseball team and the most a player can be paid is $3000 a month and they only play for like 3 months... anyway have fun at the games!!!

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
pardon for seeming rude but i did a hockeydb search and found no goalie to play for both wranglers and jackals... i am very intrigued would you mind sharing your name?..
There actually is somebody. Sort of, as the timeline described doesn't really fit 100 percent.

Quote:
2010-2011

This would work if there were more to the story, and there may be (from what I found).
I do find it interesting that a professional hockey player would think the best way to improve their skills is to not play for a season. Playing includes getting paid to get training. Not playing means paying for the training and ice time. That's a big swing at the professional level. A lost season as you are climbing the ladder can stunt or completely decimate player development.
Also (I will shoot your name to the mods, BTW), how'd you become such a big Phillies fan, having always lived at least at least a half-day's drive from Philadelphia -- or even thousands of miles away. I just find it unusual that you've adopted both the Flyers and Phillies as your teams. And your repeated use of "we" in talking about Philly teams in other posts, even though you have been in other organizations, but not the Flyers, is very strange to me. Can't that get you in trouble down the road since, technically, you are currently a free agent.
Good luck getting your career on track. Enjoy the games, too. I always do.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Miss Mess

I'm actually trying to find tickets to the Anaheim game -- I should be there on Dec 2nd

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Devastate

I have absolutely NO problem sharing my story.

I'm from Philadelphia. 16th and Jackson. Also lived on 8th and E. Passyunk. Hopefully that answers why my loyalty to Philly teams for whatever reason got questioned.

After knee surgery, I tried out for the Wranglers, did not make the team(Wranglers had the best goalie tandem in the league), also did not make the Bakersfield team. I however, was called multiple times to practice with the team if they needed a goalie. Henderson was officially the 3rd string goalie, but i did occasionally back up the wranglers in emergency situations(goaltender gets called up).

One day, i get called in by the wranglers to practice, and fill in that evening. Elmira comes into town with one goalie; Zemlack, i practice for the wranglers, then do a practice/try out for the Jackals and make the team as their back up goalie. Henderson gets the back up job for Wranglers and it appears as though i landed myself a tad bit more constant gig. I was basically told "We need you as long as we need you, which could be a few days, or the rest of the season."

I'm certainly not the first or last goalie in Vegas to get called up for emergency purposes for the Wranglers, in fact three of my buddies have done so as well.

February 7th, Ray Emery signs with the Ducks, i no longer have a job(yes job, got paid and what not).

As far as losing a season, I play 5-6 times a week, travel for tournaments and have a wonderful goalie coach. There's a reason i didn't make the Bakersfield or Vegas team, and i'm trying to work on that. I'm 23, and i'm already considered an "over age" goalie. I know i have possibly one last chance to do something, so i want to make sure if i get the chance, that i'm prepared

I'm not claiming to have some long prestigious career, simply saying I've spent time in both organizations and that's part of why i'm happy about getting to go to both of these games. I was throwing dots to connect for why both of these games will be the perfect experience for me.

Am i going to end up in the NHL? Hell no. Can i possibly make a european team or another ECHL team? I'm hoping so.

Not the most grandiose story of all time, but dammit, it's been one hell of a ride.

Old
10-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:

I'm from Philadelphia. 16th and Jackson. Also lived on 8th and E. Passyunk. Hopefully that answers why my loyalty to Philly teams for whatever reason got questioned.

After knee surgery, I tried out for the Wranglers, did not make the team(Wranglers had the best goalie tandem in the league), also did not make the Bakersfield team. I however, was called multiple times to practice with the team if they needed a goalie. Henderson was officially the 3rd string goalie, but i did occasionally back up the wranglers in emergency situations(goaltender gets called up).

One day, i get called in by the wranglers to practice, and fill in that evening. Elmira comes into town with one goalie; Zemlack, i practice for the wranglers, then do a practice/try out for the Jackals and make the team as their back up goalie. Henderson gets the back up job for Wranglers and it appears as though i landed myself a tad bit more constant gig. I was basically told "We need you as long as we need you, which could be a few days, or the rest of the season."

I'm certainly not the first or last goalie in Vegas to get called up for emergency purposes for the Wranglers, in fact three of my buddies have done so as well.

February 7th, Ray Emery signs with the Ducks, i no longer have a job(yes job, got paid and what not).

As far as losing a season, I play 5-6 times a week, travel for tournaments and have a wonderful goalie coach. There's a reason i didn't make the Bakersfield or Vegas team, and i'm trying to work on that. I'm 23, and i'm already considered an "over age" goalie. I know i have possibly one last chance to do something, so i want to make sure if i get the chance, that i'm prepared

I'm not claiming to have some long prestigious career, simply saying I've spent time in both organizations and that's part of why i'm happy about getting to go to both of these games. I was throwing dots to connect for why both of these games will be the perfect experience for me.

Am i going to end up in the NHL? Hell no. Can i possibly make a european team or another ECHL team? I'm hoping so.

Not the most grandiose story of all time, but dammit, it's been one hell of a ride.
cool story... mind sharing NAME so I can say i know you... lol i kid i kid...

i went to Epiphany of Our Lord which is on 13th and jackson.... and i grew up on 11th and emily or Mckeen (depends on if you know your small side streets)

Old
10-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

You don't need to share your name publicly if you don't want to

10-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You don't need to share your name publicly if you don't want to
i said i was kidding... i agree i was only being a joker...

Old
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
DeflatedFootball7

I was going to go to the Ducks game, but I won't be able to get time off. Oh well.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
Quote:

Your a hell of a lot closer than I could ever dream of.

Good luck to you, maybe you catch fire and move yourself up into an AHL team someday, hope it works out for you.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Your a hell of a lot closer than I could ever dream of.

Good luck to you, maybe you catch fire and move yourself up into an AHL team someday, hope it works out for you.
Thank you! Regardless of what happens, i'll have fun.

Anyways, back to these games! What are the chances that since its back to back games i get to see Bob AND Bryz?

Old
10-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Sorry to have questioned you, but you had left out some of the story in your earlier posts. Following what you posted made you someone else -- who would not have been credible as a Phillies fan. Best to leave it at that.
Oh, and happy belated birthday.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
DUHockey9

Ah the Wranglers! You must know a good friend of mine who played/might still play for them...Barry Goers. I think he made the ECHL All-Star team this past year.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:

Im flying out from Philly for both game.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Sorry to have questioned you, but you had left out some of the story in your earlier posts. Following what you posted made you someone else -- who would not have been credible as a Phillies fan. Best to leave it at that.
Oh, and happy belated birthday.
No worries, this post wasn't meant to be about my pittance of a career, more about the games, so i didn't feel inclined to go into full detail.

I'm assuming since you know my birthday, you figured out who i am. Let's keep that between us, for reasons you've already mentioned, and some other obvious reasons as well.

Quote:
Ah the Wranglers! You must know a good friend of mine who played/might still play for them...Barry Goers. I think he made the ECHL All-Star team this past year
Goers is a solid player. I can't say i "KNOW" him, but i'm familiar with him as a hockey player. Don't think i ever had an actual off-ice(not even locker room) conversation with him though.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:26 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Goers is a solid player. I can't say i "KNOW" him, but i'm familiar with him as a hockey player. Don't think i ever had an actual off-ice(not even locker room) conversation with him though.
Ah ok. Yea he's done alright for himself. Started in the EJHL, where he won all sorts of awards. Moved to UMass-Lowell where he was 2nd among all D-men in Hockey East his sophomore year. Then moved to ECHL and started the All-Star Game. He was trying to latch onto an AHL Training Camp when I talked to him a couple weeks ago.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM
HockeyBum2817

I'm a proud Reading Royals season ticket holder.

Are your initals G.D?

HockeyBum2817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBum2817 View Post
I'm a proud Reading Royals season ticket holder.

Are your initals G.D?
I'm not saying yes or no