HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lost season

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2004, 05:08 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 270
Lost season

I think that if the NHL does lose this season--that would help the oilers greatly--because their young players would gain experience from playing and getting another year under their belt--while everyone else loses a year because of people getting older.

Old
08-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
I think that if the NHL does lose this season--that would help the oilers greatly--because their young players would gain experience from playing and getting another year under their belt--while everyone else loses a year because of people getting older.
True, although how does that help players like Torres, Hemsky, Semenov, Rita, Reasonner, Pisani, Bergeron, etc...Even if we send these players down to Edmonton (that sounds weird), other will suffer (Winchester, Salmo, Cullen, etc)

Players like Smyth, Ulanov, Staios, will be a year older as well...

IMO, work stoppages and lost seasons are never good because you can never get them back.

Old
08-27-2004, 05:53 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 270
If the numbers that Nedved signed are close to be true---I think the oilers will not only not be addding any payroll--they might reduce some--IE--Smyth and Smith

Old
08-27-2004, 05:58 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
If the numbers that Nedved signed are close to be true---I think the oilers will not only not be addding any payroll--they might reduce some--IE--Smyth and Smith
That's what scares me. I want Smyth and Smith to be there when younger players like Lynch and Woywitka come up so that they can learn how to be NHL pros. I want Rita to learn from Smyth, etc...

Closed Thread