HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brownlees take on the Nedved signing

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2004, 12:00 AM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I'm gonna predict that it was Smith and one of (Torres or Stoll or Hemsky). Would you have done that trade if you were Lowe? I know I wouldn't have.
That makes sense, I was also thinking Smith and Isbister or Brewer and Isbister. Wasn't there a lot of rumours about Barnett being interesed in Isbister.

Does that make it more palatable?

Old
08-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
That makes sense, I was also thinking Smith and Isbister or Brewer and Isbister. Wasn't there a lot of rumours about Barnett being interesed in Isbister.

Does that make it more palatable?
I don't think the 'Yotes wanted Izzy since he's already played the the 'Yotes.

08-28-2004, 12:24 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I don't think the 'Yotes wanted Izzy since he's already played the the 'Yotes.
Nope from spectors

COYOTES SHOPPING FOR MORE DEPTH.

EAST VALLEY TRIBUNE: Jerry Brown reports Phoenix Coyotes GM Michael Barnett is still shopping for more depth for his roster next season. He's in the market for "a lower-tier defenceman" worth $1 million or less and a scoring winger. Free agent blueliners such as Jason Strudwick, Brad Norton and Rick Berry might fit the bill on the blueline, while rumours persist Barnett is very interested in Edmonton Oilers forward Brad Isbister, who recently re-signed with that club.

Spector's Note: My thanks to Jim Reilly. Isbister has thus far failed to play up to the hype as a potential power forward. If the Coyotes truly want him, and Brown suggests they have " a logjam of forwards" on which to draw trade-bait, the Oilers might be willing to listen to an offer Also, Strudwick signed with the Rangers last month. My thanks to everyone who pointed this out.

Old
08-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I'd be shocked to see Brewer traded. Absolutely shocked. IMO Staios or Smith should be moved first. There's got to a trade out there for Staios and say Miknov or some prospect like that for a good center. Losing Brewer hurts this team for the long term/future plans of Lowes IMO.

definitely. Smith/Staios need to be shopped around first, we waited long enough for Brew to turn into one of the leagues best d-man, & I don't want to see him get dealt before he reaches that, with the bonuses in his contract, he'll HAVE TO perform well if he wants the money, next season, whenever it is, will have to be a BIG season, & I want him to do that in an Oiler uniform, cause we'll NEED it. K-Lowe better be looking to deal Jason Smith/Steve Staios before he even considers dealing Eric Brewer, keep Brewer unless a team majorly overpays for him, or if we get Vinny Lecavalier or Brad Richards straight up for him, maybe add a mid-round pick or mid-range prospect if needed if we could get either player.

Old
08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo_31
definitely. Smith/Staios need to be shopped around first, we waited long enough for Brew to turn into one of the leagues best d-man, & I don't want to see him get dealt before he reaches that, with the bonuses in his contract, he'll HAVE TO perform well if he wants the money, next season, whenever it is, will have to be a BIG season, & I want him to do that in an Oiler uniform, cause we'll NEED it. K-Lowe better be looking to deal Jason Smith/Steve Staios before he even considers dealing Eric Brewer, keep Brewer unless a team majorly overpays for him, or if we get Vinny Lecavalier or Brad Richards straight up for him, maybe add a mid-round pick or mid-range prospect if needed if we could get either player.
Agreed. If I'm Lowe, I'm shopping a package of one of Reasoner/Horcoff/Stoll(all similar centers) along with one of(or even 2 or 3 if the other team is interested in quantity for quality) Rita/Salmalainen/Niinimakii/Staios/etc and seeing the best that can get me.

Closed Thread