HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville-Gwinnett affiliation for 2012-2013

Old
10-10-2011, 12:21 AM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Nashville-Gwinnett affiliation for 2012-2013

I believe the Preds affiliation is up at the end of this season with the Cyclones with an option for next year. Not sure how the affilitions with Phoenix and Buffalo are going to work out for Gwinnett but lets just say they don't and the Preds don't exercise the option with Cincinnati for next season. Would some of you Preds fans make the trip to Gwinnett to see some of the possible future Preds in action if the two teams decided to become affiliated with one another?

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Sunshine36616

vCash: 500
That would be cool. I'd love it if we eventually got an AHL team and were affiliated with Nashville. I think a lot of Preds fans would make the trip for AHL.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:11 AM
lstcyr

not AHL. ECHL. Next level down. Milwaukee is Nashville's AHL team.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:34 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
yeah, no disrespect to Gwinnett, but we rarely have a prospect who is likely to make the bigs at Cincy, so I wouldnt expect many folks to make trips from nashville just to see them, even if they were a Preds affiliate.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

I don't know that I would make the trip down specifically for a game, but I would certainly catch some games any time I am in the area and have the opportunity. Of course, I will likely do that even if they do not turn into a Nashville affiliate.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yeah, no disrespect to Gwinnett, but we rarely have a prospect who is likely to make the bigs at Cincy, so I wouldnt expect many folks to make trips from nashville just to see them, even if they were a Preds affiliate.
And even if they do make the Preds, they probably only had a cup of coffee with Cincy.

Mark Dekanich and Chris Mueller comes to mind as the only players to ever go from Cincy to NSH. Dex playing 2 games and Mueller playing all of 5 games.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
I'd love it if we eventually got an AHL team and were affiliated with Nashville.
I hope you're fairly young, because that could be a long, long time in happening. We have a great partnership with Milwaukee and unless something goes horribly wrong in player development, I doubt we change that, even if we were to move into the East.

I wouldn't mind moving our AA team into the area, but the partnership with Cincinnati seems to have been okay for the Ads. Not too sure I would want to mess with that, either.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote