Notices

Krejci Leave Practice with Injured Leg. May Not Make Trip

Old
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I know he plays hurt. He plays hurt a lot, as the Krejci camp is fond of reminding us whenever he slumps. That doesn't mean he isn't hurt.
Me thinks you might be unfairly associating his slumps with those of his two wingers Doji.

For sure, Krejci has had his share of mini slumps, like any player. But it's awfully hard to look consistently strong when your two wingers take off 2 out of every 5 games.

I mean honestly...are there two more inconsistent performers in our entire lineup than Horton and Lucic? Horton took 2 months off for Thanksgiving last season, and Lucic went on break last February and STILL hasn't come back!

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
bp13

Typically when top guys get hurt like this, fans tend to think the next best center moves up off his line and the dominos fall accordingly. In my experience though, I'd bet coaches are more comfortable keeping together reliable lines and sliding in other centers than switching up multiple lines. the same philosophy usually applies in other sports too, particularly baseball.

I se Seguin, Kelly and Pevs getting shots in this spot, but I don't see CJ breaking up Bergeron/Marchand. And I don't think it makes sense too either.

Old
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

I think I've heard this story before. Except it was Bledsoe that got injured, and the season was over cuz lord knows this Brady guy can't play 1st string. Give Seguin the shot, and either he excels in the spotlight or he doesn't. Both he and the season are young so of it doesn't work out oh well.

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
"wit eenjured leg."

We really need a fainting emoticon. ::clunk::

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:01 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Seguin was heard quoting Ace Ventura.. "I'm ready to go in coach, just give me a chance!"
I just spit water up all over myself when reading this.

But on topic, Bergeron will center the first line, Peverley moves to center of the second line with either Caron or Seguin playing RW.

Lucic - Bergeron - Horton
Marchand - Peverley - Caron/Seguin
Pouliot - Kelly - Caron/Seguin
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

EDIT: Of course, I hope I'm wrong and Seguin centers Looch and Horty. Would be nice to see him get a game or two with scoring wingers.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

This may be an ideal time to split up Lucic and Horton. They haven't played well, and the idea of splitting them up has already come up, now their center may have gone down, so the line is already split up for now. Time to break **** up.

Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Lucic-Seguin-Peverley
Poo-Kelly-Caron
Lunchpail line

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Me thinks you might be unfairly associating his slumps with those of his two wingers Doji.

For sure, Krejci has had his share of mini slumps, like any player. But it's awfully hard to look consistently strong when your two wingers take off 2 out of every 5 games.

I mean honestly...are there two more inconsistent performers in our entire lineup than Horton and Lucic? Horton took 2 months off for Thanksgiving last season, and Lucic went on break last February and STILL hasn't come back!

From Feb 1 til the end of the regular season Lucic had 29pts in 32 games.

He had one bad stretch of 10 games, other than that he was producing.

Horton had a tough stretch when he was paired alongside the corpse of Marc Savard for 20 something games.

Both Krejci and Lucic led this team in pts last season, Horton was second in goals.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
This may be an ideal time to split up Lucic and Horton. They haven't played well, and the idea of splitting them up has already come up, now their center may have gone down, so the line is already split up for now. Time to break **** up.

Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Lucic-Seguin-Peverley
Poo-Kelly-Caron
Lunchpail line
If they do end up splitting the lines in a way similar to this, I hope Seguin gets to play with Horts. They've shown some nice chemistry in the few games they've seen time together.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:11 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Here we go again.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy Rebound View Post
If they do end up splitting the lines in a way similar to this, I hope Seguin gets to play with Horts. They've shown some nice chemistry in the few games they've seen time together.
Yep.

There's no way Seguin doesn't move up. People saying Seguin stays where he is and slot Caron into a larger role baffle me to be honest. And it's not just about personal feelings here. Claude Julien even said that Seguin would be given larger roles if and when the Bruins hit the injury bug. Not only that, but he deserves that chance.

Personally I go for the gusto and slot Seguin with Lucic and Horton. Like Juicy Rebound said, he's shown natural chemistry with Horton and Seguin even centered them once before when Krejci was in the box for a penalty (I believe)

You slot Caron in Seguin's old spot and there you have it. I'm also fond of moving the top 6 around a bit like:

Marchand - Seguin - Horton
Lucic - Bergeron - Peverley

But I think Claude is just going to tweak it a bit at this point. Either Seguin centering 17 and 18 or centering/wing with 63 and 49

SerenityRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
KidCanada*

Segs gets the opportunity. No questions asked.

KidCanada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Does anyone actually know what type of injury it is?

Laceration, bruise, broken femur?

Hopefully it isn't a high ankle sprain or something serious?

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post

Horton had a tough stretch when he was paired alongside the corpse of Marc Savard for 20 something games.

Both Krejci and Lucic led this team in pts last season, Horton was second in goals.
Facts! Why do you insist on facts!?!

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post

My apologies..I took some license in an effort to make a point.

I'll retract the specifics and go back to my original point...he vanishes for longer periods than any other player on his team, aside from maybe the other winger on his line. Even if you look at last year's splits by month you can see he's either a PPG player, or barely over .5 PPG player with little in between. And, as we all know, points aren't everything. Much like the first 2 games this season, when he doesn't move his legs, he can't do much physically, and that's when CJ used to just put him on the 4th.

Old
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

He's not making the trip

Quote:
Bruins center David Krejci did not travel with the team to Carolina today due to injury. He will not be available for the club’s game on Wednesday night against the Hurricanes. Krejci will continue to be evaluated by the team’s medical staff here in Boston and his status for Saturday’s game in Chicago will be determined later in the week.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=595493

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Didn't make trip to Carolina

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Yep.

There's no way Seguin doesn't move up. People saying Seguin stays where he is and slot Caron into a larger role baffle me to be honest. And it's not just about personal feelings here. Claude Julien even said that Seguin would be given larger roles if and when the Bruins hit the injury bug. Not only that, but he deserves that chance.

Personally I go for the gusto and slot Seguin with Lucic and Horton. Like Juicy Rebound said, he's shown natural chemistry with Horton and Seguin even centered them once before when Krejci was in the box for a penalty (I believe)

You slot Caron in Seguin's old spot and there you have it. I'm also fond of moving the top 6 around a bit like:

Marchand - Seguin - Horton
Lucic - Bergeron - Peverley

But I think Claude is just going to tweak it a bit at this point. Either Seguin centering 17 and 18 or centering/wing with 63 and 49
Except Lucic and Horton have been sucking and need a kick in the pants. And why break up Marchand and Bergeron?

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Ratty

Lower body. Hmmm.....sounds serious.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Chris Kelly all the way!

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Chris Kelly all the way!
He should anchor the 1st line and PP.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Boston Bruno

I have not been a fan of the effort level so far by Line 1, at least when it comes to finishing hits and board work..

IMO - give them a couple shifts for Campbell and a Couple shifts with Kelly

See if they can turn up the nasty a bit. Might help them shake out of this haze.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:53 PM
EverettMike

Quote:

Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Lucic-Seguin-Peverley
Poo-Kelly-Caron
Lunchpail line
I have never been thrilled with them being on the same line. If they are both playing balls-to-the-wall it makes sense, because they can be unstoppable down low in the offensive zone. But far too often they aren't both in that mode, and it makes the line, which easily runs the risk of being one-dimensional on good days, very easy to shut down.

I loved pairing Lucic with Kessel three years ago. I think Seguin-Krejci-Lucic could be phenomenal.

I'd also think that Nathan Horton could really benefit from playing with Marchand.

Of course, I have no complaints about Pevs, so might not be fair to bump him down to the third line right now.

It is a nice problem to have 7 players for your Top 6 positions. That is a problem we did not have for way too long.

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Except Lucic and Horton have been sucking and need a kick in the pants. And why break up Marchand and Bergeron?
You break them up because your #1 center is injured. I feel like people think that a player somehow becomes inept at playing if they aren't always with their designated line-mates.

With that said, they don't need to be broken up. The easiest solution to this mess is just putting Seguin with Lucic and Horton and insert Caron on the 3rd line. But that doesn't mean Claude won't be open to trying something else like spreading around the players with the best work ethic (Marshy and Bergy) to play with some guys who may be under achieving (Lucic and Horton)

Also, 3 games into the season.. I don't think Lucic and Horton need a "kick in the pants" yet. If after a few more games they are still sleepwalking through games then you do something. Until then, you hope that they learned something from the Avalanche game and that whatever Claude said to them, wakes them up.

SerenityRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
He's not making the trip

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu

On the contrary, that seems to be relatively good news to me. Compared to say, an update from the operating room at Mass. General.

Old
10-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
perfect.