HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Man-games lost: 2011-2012 Tracker

Old
03-31-2012, 01:42 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Steen / Backes / Oshie
AMac / Berglung / Perron
D'Agostini (Schwartz sits) / Arnott / Langenbrunner or Stewart
Sobotka / Nichol / Langenbrunner or Stewart

Schwartz is sitting unless there's an injury or someone needs a maintenance day.

Reaves/Porter might see a game here or there to tweak the physicality level, and depending how well D'Agostini and Stewart can play an energy role.

Crombeen just sits unless there's an emergency.

I think this is the playoff look going forward. The top two lines are set. The bottom 6 can change, and a lot has to do with what kind of chemistry we see with D'Agostini back. Stewart has looked good with Arnott a few times, so I can easily see him sliding into the 3rd line role. However the old man line of Steen/Arnott/Langs was more than effective.
I like those lines. I'd like Stewart on the third. He works well with Arnott, AND as an Avalanche fan pointed out to me once, Stewart seems to play better when he is in big brother mode. Sobotka and Nichol are both fiesty and don't back down. D'Ags on the other hand, needs a bit more 'protection' than those two, and hopefully will get Stewart fired up. (This is why I think Stewart and Schwartz will be good together next season.)

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote