HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #4: vs St. Louis, 10/13 (7:30 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM)

Old
10-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere26 View Post
And that's not unlikely. Kari is 1.39GAA and .955% against them. Columbus is dead last in the Conference with no wins. It'd suck seeing them win their first game of the season against us.
They'll beat us 1-0 or 2-1 in Columbus. They always own us up there.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Jere26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
They'll beat us 1-0 or 2-1 in Columbus. They always own us up there.
Well, now it's time to change that

Jere26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere26 View Post
But not with Barch and Petersen in the lineup. Replace them with Nystrom and Godard (unfortunately not this season) and it'll be fun. On the side note I think the stats people at AAC exxaggerate a lot in what is considered a 'hit' in the game. We could see the same phenomenon in previous seasons. And given that Dallas has already had 3 home games that probably explains a lot. But I'm definitely not questioning the fact that DAL is one of the most hitting teams in the league

teams that spend the entire game chasing the puck around in their own end also tend to end up with more hits and blocked shots simply because of how you can only accrue those metrics while you're on defense. So in the large scheme of things it's not exactly a good thing.. but better than getting dominated and not hitting or blocking shots like we saw at times last season I suppose.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:58 AM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
teams that spend the entire game chasing the puck around in their own end also tend to end up with more hits and blocked shots simply because of how you can only accrue those metrics while you're on defense. So in the large scheme of things it's not exactly a good thing.. but better than getting dominated and not hitting or blocking shots like we saw at times last season I suppose.
That makes sense with blocked shots, but you hit as much or more on the forecheck as you would in your own zone.

Hits is not an indication of puck possession at all.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

Without Lethonen this team is sunk. I severely underestimated him. Wow, who would have thought he and Al Montoya would be trying to run away with the early season Vezina.

I'd like to see more of this Fistric and I'll give Grossman about five games to turn himself around. Still question if Robidas is fully healthy and if he's not he doesn't need to be in the lineup because right now he's a liability.

I also severely overestimated Halak. Man has he fallen from his once lofty perceived status.

Razor was praising Morrow but maybe I'm watching a different game. He has yet to impress me this season.

I'm not willing to call Benn at center a failure yet but if Turris can be pried out of Phoenix I wouldn't object.

They've done better than I thought early on but eventually you have to think giving up 35+ shots a night is going to lead to some bad outcomes.

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Without Lethonen this team is sunk. I severely underestimated him. Wow, who would have thought he and Al Montoya would be trying to run away with the early season Vezina.

I'd like to see more of this Fistric and I'll give Grossman about five games to turn himself around. Still question if Robidas is fully healthy and if he's not he doesn't need to be in the lineup because right now he's a liability.

I also severely overestimated Halak. Man has he fallen from his once lofty perceived status.

Razor was praising Morrow but maybe I'm watching a different game. He has yet to impress me this season.

I'm not willing to call Benn at center a failure yet but if Turris can be pried out of Phoenix I wouldn't object.

They've done better than I thought early on but eventually you have to think giving up 35+ shots a night is going to lead to some bad outcomes.
100% agree.

With 6 points in 4 games, thats a great result, but how they achieved them is very disappointing. Our Top6 is so slow and harmless, they don't find the clutch. There is always just one who is outstanding, but they don't work as a team.
Lehtonen is our super hero, very impressive so far, he would earn his first shut out.
I also like Souray and Burish so far, great effort with shots blocking.
It would be nice, if our top six bring the same efficiency as they did in the pre season.

Once a star, always a star!

Arpi3080 is offline   Reply With Quote