HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Coach Me.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 500
Coach Me.

I've gotten in contact with the President of the Inline team at my college and I've worked out a deadline for me to practice with the team.

The problem is I'm rusty and I haven't played in about a year and a half.

What can I do to...

-Trim fat and build lean muscle? (i.e. I'm 170lbs right now... I'd like to get up to 185 but also be fit)
-Increase my endurance by a lot?
-Refine my "raw talent"?
-Increase my awareness and stickhandling?
-Get my shot back on track?

I have until January 2nd to get back into shape.. So I have plenty of time.

Anybody have any ideas on regimens... Diets... etc. or could anybody share what they do on an average week? I'd like to design a plan.

Thank you for ALL of your help.

-Tyler AKA G2P

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I've gotten in contact with the President of the Inline team at my college and I've worked out a deadline for me to practice with the team.

The problem is I'm rusty and I haven't played in about a year and a half.

What can I do to...

-Trim fat and build lean muscle? (i.e. I'm 170lbs right now... I'd like to get up to 185 but also be fit)
-Increase my endurance by a lot?
-Refine my "raw talent"?
-Increase my awareness and stickhandling?
-Get my shot back on track?

I have until January 2nd to get back into shape.. So I have plenty of time.

Anybody have any ideas on regimens... Diets... etc. or could anybody share what they do on an average week? I'd like to design a plan.

Thank you for ALL of your help.

-Tyler AKA G2P
First of all, don't worry about weight worry about muscle mass and body fat %. P90x will build lean muscle and the legs/back/plyo/ab ripper days will help enhance your skating/shooting. P90x is used by a lot of NHL and NFL players(modified of course) and it is probably the best program you can create for yourself on such short notice. The only thing you can do to improve your stickhandling and shot is to take shots and stickhandle in your garage or wherever possible. As for the awareness, look up hockey tactics, breakouts, plays etc. Also watch as much hockey as possible, visualization helps develop your awareness. Also starting early december or whenever you feel strong and ready start playing roller hockey games 1-2 a week.

Train like the worst play like the best

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Skate as much as you can man. I used to play inline for Ontario and since there's no hitting, you're going to really want to be working on your raw talent. Skating, stickhandling, shooting, passing are all far more important than bulking up.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Gibson19

For exercise I'd recommend Plyometric exercises (google it). Also if you want to get into weight lifting. Things like squats, deadlifts, benchpresses and rows will do you really good. They work lots of muscles at once instead of isolating just the biceps or whatever. They are really good core workouts

Besides that, ice time. Nothing will get you back on track like ice time, especially if you can make it to pick up games. No pressure but you'll get a good sense of awareness and timing

Gibson19 is offline   Reply With Quote