HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 12:34 AM
marc88

vCash: 500
Higgins and Lapierre both have 2 goals tonight. Higgins would be leading our team in goals if he was still here

oh well..good to see them have some success

Old
10-30-2011, 02:21 AM
m00ks

I loved Higgins. Snakebit for most of his career but was a defensive beast. Dunno if the limelight was a factor to his regression but I'd take him on my team any day. That is, in a proper role best suited for him and no, it's not as a 1st line winger.

Old
10-30-2011, 07:34 AM
BobbyFischer*

Brett Festerling, 5th rounder is = or > Maxim Lapierre, apparently.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:10 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I hate the lighting at MSG. Dark behind the goals and the crowd seem to be in darkness too.
Went to my first game there in 2008, and yeah, it's really dark. I'm amazed the players, NHL and NBA, don't complain about this.

The light is yellow, not white like in MTL.

Even the Forum in the seventies was super bright, and lighting technology is 1000 times better now than then.

No excuse at MSG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Watch the vid again.

You can still see light and dark spots on the ice, an absolute no no in lighting design. Should be one even very bright surface, no dark spots, no shadows.

Looks like they spent more on plush boxes for bankers, and not enough on upgrading the lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
So Columbus is losing again, this time 4-2 to the Blackhawks.

Remember when PG said he'd "think outside the box?"

I gotta assume that the Bee Jays might begin a firesale if their season keeps going downhill like this.
Get Carter, the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Get Carter, the movie.
I'm quoting myself, because the last was my 666th post, the night before Halloween.

I'm clearly an evil guy. Plus, I have 2 infractions because I keep writing @#$%^&! words.

Go Habs!

Signed,

The Devil.

Last edited by Mike8: 10-31-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old
10-30-2011, 10:31 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Lapierre, like Ribeiro and Grabovski, was a sideshow. The point of those trades was simply to get rid of a distraction. Even Anaheim dumped him off shortly after.

Old
10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I think you guys are looking for the "Ex-Habs" thread

Old
10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Lapierre, like Ribeiro and Grabovski, was a sideshow. The point of those trades was simply to get rid of a distraction. Even Anaheim dumped him off shortly after.
How was Grabovski a side-show? He took one flight to see his agent to see if he could negotiate being sent to the AHL so he could play hockey instead of eating hot dogs in the press box.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
How was Grabovski a side-show? He took one flight to see his agent to see if he could negotiate being sent to the AHL so he could play hockey instead of eating hot dogs in the press box.
+1 You can't blame a guy for wanting to play. I love how everyone on here has this agenda about Grabo like he was some locker room cancer. In Toronto he's turned into an "all situations" type of player. Thanks Montreal!

Old
10-30-2011, 12:26 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I loved Higgins. Snakebit for most of his career but was a defensive beast. Dunno if the limelight was a factor to his regression but I'd take him on my team any day. That is, in a proper role best suited for him and no, it's not as a 1st line winger.
Montreal nightlife was...

Old
10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
right, but the Ducks got a better player (although still a marginal NHLer in Perrault), and a 3rd round pick...

where we traded the same player, a few weeks earlier, for a lesser NHLer AND WE ADDED A PICK!

no matter wether one liked Lapierre, or felt he was a "distraction", no way to escape the fact that the team absolutely failed as far as managing him as an asset.

it's not just about personalities, it's about building up the quality of your roster/assets, and BG/PG have proven very poor at dealing with players they decide to move, especially young ones.

Ribs
Streit
Grabs
D'ago
Lats
O'Byrne
Lapierre
S.Kost

from that entire list of quality young players who went on to very quickly become better NHLers within months, if not weeks, of joining another club, all we have left to show for them is:

-Pateryn
-Palushaj
-Bournival

not 1 asset guaranteed to make any sort of impact in the NHL, meanwhile every player on that list, all 8 of them, are playing significant roles with their current teams.

no matter how you slice it, no matter what justifications one makes about "team unity", "distractions", or asset adequately replaced/upgraded by some expensive UFA signing, the bottom line remains that we got paltry return for all of those assets.

6 top 9 fwds & 2 top 4 dmen... in return for 3 prospects, none of them blue-chip... that's just awful.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Lapierre wanted a bigger role here and he wasn't going to get it, Habs moved him. I liked him he did his job well but he is what he is and it's not a 2nd liner

Old
10-30-2011, 03:03 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Lapierre wanted a bigger role here and he wasn't going to get it, Habs moved him. I liked him he did his job well but he is what he is and it's not a 2nd liner
He wanted to play center, first and foremost. And he was right demanding it. He is way better as a centerman than as a RW. He is also very capable at PK. Martin mishandled him badly.

Old
10-30-2011, 03:32 PM
skule123

I was hoping to get thoughts on this great bit of reporting from noted Bruins insider Joe Haggerty - do you guys believe, as the Bruins do, that there is a league-generated conspiracy to suppress the Bruins?

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...08&feedID=3944

Old
10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
I was hoping to get thoughts on this great bit of reporting from noted Bruins insider Joe Haggerty - do you guys believe, as the Bruins do, that there is a league-generated conspiracy to suppress the Bruins?

Already giving excuses. The season just started. I love how the article states that Thornton deserved his five minutes but the other calls the bruins got were "....questionable..." this year.

Quote:
Shawn Thornton earned these five penalty minutes, but some of the Bruins' other infractions this year have been questionable.
They are ignoring the fact that he was supposed to get an instigator on that play.

Last edited by shamrun: 10-30-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old
10-30-2011, 04:02 PM
sheed36

Quote:

Well cry me a river.. After some very favorable calls that went the Bruins way last season from the NHL this looks good on them.. It's nice that their immunity idol as been revoked for this season..

Old
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Already giving excuses. The season just started. I love how the article states that Thornton deserved his five minutes but the other calls the bruins got were "....questionable..." this year.

They are ignoring the fact that he was supposed to get an instigator on that play.
And the fact that their only 5v5 goal last night was scored by hooking Eller and profiting off the giveaway. They need only look to thursday for a game where they got away with all their antics. It's not like they need to go back in the history books.

Old
10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He put himself before the team. He didn't respect the coach's decision so he decided to take his own flight to LA instead of flying with the team. All the other healthy scratches followed suit with the team. I've never heard of a player doing that before. Have you?

Old
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
One Trick Pony

Avery anybody?

Old
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
sheed36

So Reimer took an elbow to the head from Gionta which injured him? That's what the guy (Potvin I think) just said on the Sens broadcast.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Clumsyhab

I don't know what is happening with Halak. Everytime I look at the scoreboard, I see him getting scored 3-4 goals on 20ish shots.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:44 PM
couris

ahalak cant stop a beachball

Old
10-30-2011, 09:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
He put himself before the team. He didn't respect the coach's decision so he decided to take his own flight to LA instead of flying with the team. All the other healthy scratches followed suit with the team. I've never heard of a player doing that before. Have you?
Have I ever heard of a professional athlete with an ego who got upset with his lack of playing time?

Yes, yes I have.

Old
10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

The NHL finally decided to open their eyes to the Bruin sideshow. It's been going on for a couple of years now.

I find it very interesting, now that Colin Campbell is gone as Sr. VP., the wave of penalties are now being called.

Coincidence? I think not.

Old
10-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
The NHL finally decided to open their eyes to the Bruin sideshow. It's been going on for a couple of years now.

I find it very interesting, now that Colin Campbell is gone as Sr. VP., the wave of penalties are now being called.

Coincidence? I think not.
I don't either. The amont of after whistle crap that the Bruins got away with last year was beyond eye opening. Now that they aren't, Neely is ******** himself because he built a team around that type of theory. Good for them, they deserve to be bottom dwellers. When you look at their roster are you surprised?

Old
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

It won't take long for the teams in the Northeast to find their true level. Les feuilles tombées (translation: fallen leaves) have slowed down a bit and, I hate to say it, but les ours (Bruins) should be able to get out of the cellar. Maybe I should have said feuilles mortes (dead leaves).

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 10-31-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Closed Thread