HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2011, 11:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I think James Reimer wins for the best Halloween costume.

Hahaha brilliant! Every time that commercial comes on, my brother and I remark on how James Reimer took a sponsorship deal from Tim Horton's in the season.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:26 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
Does it help you sleep at night to believe there was a "better" deal out there for Halak ?

Try this one for size : looking at this year's start, perhaps Gauthier got the best he could for him.

That ain't possible, I guess, right ?
No. Gauthier told himself that he did not want to take the best offer out of respect so he settled for tenth best

Old
10-31-2011, 11:46 PM
MarkovsKnee

Did you guys hear Joe Thornton's post-game comments after the Rangers kicked the Sharks ass 5-2? Posted by BobbyMac on twitter:

"They (NYR) were probably softest team we played on trip. We should have had these two points." - Joe Thornton

That guy is such an arrogant tool. I hate the fact he has an Olympic Gold medal. Same with Heatley. I hope he never wins the Stanley Cup. No class.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:10 AM
holyhabs

Quote:
Does it help you sleep at night to believe there was a "better" deal out there for Halak ?

Try this one for size : looking at this year's start, perhaps Gauthier got the best he could for him.

Gauthier got what HE WANTED.

Who cares what teams he talked to or what else he could have gotten (We all know there is much better than Shultz) but PG wanted Eller. So that's it. The GM got the guy he wanted. I loved Oshie but Eller is looking much better right now.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:13 AM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Did you guys hear Joe Thornton's post-game comments after the Rangers kicked the Sharks ass 5-2? Posted by BobbyMac on twitter:

"They (NYR) were probably softest team we played on trip. We should have had these two points." - Joe Thornton

That guy is such an arrogant tool. I hate the fact he has an Olympic Gold medal. Same with Heatley. I hope he never wins the Stanley Cup. No class.
I like the truthful and honest responses over the robotic and monotone answers other guys give.

Coming from "Jumbo" Joe its a bit humorous but its amusing.

Heatley is a ****** that does't' give a crap about anything. Thornton at least has shown me he cares.

Old
11-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Mike8

Quote:

He actually said something similar during an intermission interview when playing Montreal.

Old
11-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:

Yeesh... Slight overreaction.

Joe speaks his mind. It might not have been the "classy" thing to say, but much worse has been said. Compared to Recchi's comments about an injured player, or Marchand's trash talk, this is really, really tame. It's just a guy angry he lost.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:39 AM
WestIslander

Quote:

That's why he is NOT a leader and has NOT won the cup yet, arrogance will kill you when you attempt to succeed in anything.

I am very surprised that Doug Wilson has not traded him out of San Jose and rebuilt that team, I don't see them ever winning the cup in the NHL.

Old
11-01-2011, 06:41 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sather got the best of that trade but he is far from being a genius giving him that contract in the 1st place, Redden contract, Drury contract and more, far from being a great GM
Hahaha that's a zinger !

Old
11-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
He actually said something similar during an intermission interview when playing Montreal.
Totally remember that. I think that was 2-season ago. The season with Alex Tanguay. I think we beat the Sharks 4-2 on a strong performance from Halak. And JT said something eerily similar.

He is probably frustrated from the loss. A lot of times the guys aren't far enough removed from the game when they say something like that. My 0.02.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Protest the Hero

If I had a nickel for every post on here about McDonagh when he scores a point.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
Totally remember that. I think that was 2-season ago. The season with Alex Tanguay. I think we beat the Sharks 4-2 on a strong performance from Halak. And JT said something eerily similar.

He is probably frustrated from the loss. A lot of times the guys aren't far enough removed from the game when they say something like that. My 0.02.
Yeah he was talking about how Montreal couldn't handle them because the Sharks were just "too big and strong".

Old
11-01-2011, 10:42 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
If I had a nickel for every post on here about McDonagh when he scores a point.
You'd probably have a whole $5 - $10.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Gary320

Sean Avery clears waivers. If he wasn't such a problem.. I'd love to take him on my team at that price. He'd fit pretty well in.. too bad he's an idiot most of the time.

I'm probably the only non-NYR-fan, fan of Avery out there.. except for his ******-ness.. he's a good player to have. Very competitive and energetic.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Boris Valabik on waivers...

Old
11-01-2011, 11:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Boris Valabik on waivers...
He's been on waivers before and we passed on him. Just not a very good hockey player.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:28 AM
McTusk

Quote:

Hi Mr. Macbeth!

Old
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

You can make rise together things now on the Habs site.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Sean Avery clears waivers. If he wasn't such a problem.. I'd love to take him on my team at that price. He'd fit pretty well in.. too bad he's an idiot most of the time.

I'm probably the only non-NYR-fan, fan of Avery out there.. except for his ******-ness.. he's a good player to have. Very competitive and energetic.
Until Tortorella came along.

He still has his moments, but it's not the Avery we either grew to love or hate in previous years.

I miss the old Avery.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
schwartzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
I like the truthful and honest responses over the robotic and monotone answers other guys give.

Coming from "Jumbo" Joe its a bit humorous but its amusing.

Heatley is a ****** that does't' give a crap about anything. Thornton at least has shown me he cares.
Don't know the dude personally but know some who do. He seems like a typical arogant Calgarian who thinks their s**t doesn't stink. I know a few of those. Anyways, I won't start this rant cause it's not the time nor place.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Until Tortorella came along.

He still has his moments, but it's not the Avery we either grew to love or hate in previous years.

I miss the old Avery.
What changed? Torts telling him to calm down? Do the two get along that much?

Old
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
gusfring

DJ King clears waivers...

Old
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
DJ King clears waivers...
Who the hell would claim such a horrible player?

Old
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
What changed? Torts telling him to calm down? Do the two get along that much?
He doesn't agitate as much as he used to. Barely at all. He does seem a lot calmer. Like I said, he has his moments of who he truly is, but he's not the same Avery.

He's more now like a glorified 4th line grinder/occassional 3rd line grinder.

Torts has him on a leash ever since he came here. Torts wants responsible and disciplined hockey, and we all know Avery isn't all that disciplined.

Here's an article when he was sent down: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...rangers-recall

Quote:
Coach John Tortorella said Avery was in a battle with center Erik Christensen for the 13th forward spot, and after the team waived Avery Oct. 4 while in Europe, left little doubt about how he regarded the notorious agitator.

"I don't want to jam up Sean here; I think we have better players than Sean Avery, plain and simple," Tortorella told reporters during the team's preseason tour in Sweden.

The two spoke before Avery flew back to New York, and called it a "pretty quick conversation."

"[Tortorella] told me it was his decision and that was pretty much it," Avery said.
To me, I thought Avery played a better game than Christensen. If it's true what Tortorella said, then it sorta proves Avery's not a Torts' kinda guy and isn't highly regarded by Tortorella.

It also seemed more like a business decision, I thought. Saved about a million by sending Avery down instead of Christensen. At that time, we were missing Staal and Sauer on our blueline, and we need a veteran presence there.

Last edited by Florida Ranger: 11-01-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:

No surprise Thornton made those comments. I remember him talking trash after the Sharks lost to the Habs a few years ago, something along the lines of "They couldn't handle us, good thing for them their goalie was on his A game".

Last edited by Claimed Off Waivers: 11-01-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Someone already mentioned what I said
Closed Thread