HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Pouliot is likely to play with either Bergeron or Seguin (not to mention one of Marchand/Peverley), so I expect him to put up quite a few points.
but he'll still be retarded defensively and still won't be able to pass a blue line without tripping on it

Old
10-13-2011, 01:22 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

A few attendance numbers so far...

12/10 - Columbus : 8986
10/10 - Dallas : 6306
10/10 - Long Island : 11 278
10/10 - New Jersey : 12 096
10/10 - Columbus : 9187

A few teams in danger (Florida, Nashville, Phoenix) still haven't played home games...

Old
10-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'm not pleased to see Pouliot play much better for the Bruins than he did last season for the Habs. He's definitely outplayed Cole.
Am I missing something here? The guy has NO points in 3 games and is playing under 10 minutes a night. Cole has not done much here up to this point, but being an established player trying to find his grove on a new team I'm more than willing to give him a couple of months. Pouliot on the other hand is on borrowed time, getting his 3rd chance in the NHL and (so far) not making the best of it.

Old
10-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
but he'll still be retarded defensively and still won't be able to pass a blue line without tripping on it
Well, those blue lines are quite hard to dodge, they're just so big...

Old
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

A few teams in danger (Florida, Nashville, Phoenix) still haven't played home games...
08/10 - Quebec : 13 442

Old
10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Watched most of the Flyers and Nucks game, man how long before Giroux is the best player in the league. The kid is unreal, every time he is on the ice he creates chances, what a hockey player. I like what the Flyers did, I liked it this summer and I know it's only 3 games but they have a hell of a team going forward and the core besides Pronger is really young

Old
10-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Not sure if anybody picked up on this but after clearing waivers and re-entry waivers, Nystrom was traded to Dallas for Future considerations. Looks like a funky move on the surface, passing on a player when he was free or you could get him for half his salary and cap hit. I assume Dallas wanted compensation to take him off Minny and needed him at full cap hit to get to the floor, with Avery going off their books in the AHL.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Watched most of the Flyers and Nucks game, man how long before Giroux is the best player in the league. The kid is unreal, every time he is on the ice he creates chances, what a hockey player. I like what the Flyers did, I liked it this summer and I know it's only 3 games but they have a hell of a team going forward and the core besides Pronger is really young
They have an excellent group of young forwards, but their defense is old. Their 2 top guys are 36 and 37. That's the part that makes no sense.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They have an excellent group of young forwards, but their defense is old. Their 2 top guys are 36 and 37. That's the part that makes no sense.
I have a feeling they will go after Ryan Suter in the off season, they have a GM that isn't scared to make blockbuster moves

Old
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

Nashville average over 16k+ a game. They are not in danger.

Of course, if they can't keep winning like they have been the last few years, that number will go down fast...

Old
10-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I have a feeling they will go after Ryan Suter in the off season, they have a GM that isn't scared to make blockbuster moves
If they are as quick to fix their defense as they were with goaltending, I don't see any major additions for 5-6 years.

Suter will end up like Wisniewski, getting ridiculous money like 6-6.5 mil/year over 5-6 years.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Mike8

Quote:
If they are as quick to fix their defense as they were with goaltending, I don't see any major additions for 5-6 years.

Suter will end up like Wisniewski, getting ridiculous money like 6-6.5 mil/year over 5-6 years.
I don't get it. How can you begin to compare Suter to Wisniewski?

Old
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:

If we could sign Suter at 6.5 for 6 years I'd be ecstatic.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

He went and get Timonen, than Pronger and Meszaros

Bobrovsky had a great start to last season, they had no reason to go after a goalie. And Leighton got them to the Cup finals.

I don't have much to say to you comparing Wisniewski to Suter, should watch Suter play a little more

Old
10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't get it. How can you begin to compare Suter to Wisniewski?
Both are UFA's(assuming Suter gets there) and will be overpaid as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
If we could sign Suter at 6.5 for 6 years I'd be ecstatic.
If he is worth 6.5 he might get 7 or more as a UFA. Wisniewski was worth 4.5 and he got 5.5/year over 6 years.

I can't see Nashville letting him walk for nothing. They will either sign him or do a trade and sign.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 10-13-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He went and get Timonen, than Pronger and Meszaros

Bobrovsky had a great start to last season, they had no reason to go after a goalie. And Leighton got them to the Cup finals.

I don't have much to say to you comparing Wisniewski to Suter, should watch Suter play a little more
I'm not comparing Suter to Wisniewski as players...just pointing out how UFA's end up with ridiculous contracts(see Wiz at 33 mil over 6 years).

Laeighton is a big part of whay Phillie DIDN'T win the cup. Had they had an above average goalie they would have probably won. They have been weak in nets for most of the last 20+ years and always use half measures to fix the problem.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I'm not comparing Suter to Wisniewski as players...just pointing out how UFA's end up with ridiculous contracts(see Wiz at 33 mil over 6 years).

Laeighton is a big part of whay Phillie DIDN'T win the cup. Had they had an above average goalie they would have probably won. They have been weak in nets for most of the last 20+ years and always use half measures to fix the problem.
yes but like you said every UFA is overpaid and we do our own share of that. Every team does but if you are going to make sure it's young quality players and I put Suter in that category.

Yes they have been patching holes in nets for years that I agree, but now they have solved their problems and they have a great young team going forward. They have plenty of players and picks to deal if they wish to get even better which I think they will cause they have a GM who isn't afraid at making deals. Anyways it's just 3 games and a long season ahead but I just like what they have done this summer. Lots of people expected them to fight for a playoffs spot and I was sure they would have been even better then the past couple of years

Old
10-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Am I missing something here? The guy has NO points in 3 games and is playing under 10 minutes a night. Cole has not done much here up to this point, but being an established player trying to find his grove on a new team I'm more than willing to give him a couple of months. Pouliot on the other hand is on borrowed time, getting his 3rd chance in the NHL and (so far) not making the best of it.
You have preconceived notions about Pouliot. I'd say he is being eased in gradually and is beginning to show his talent. The "no points" is not a criterion right now because the Bruins have scored 1, 4, 0, and 1 goal in their four games, an average of 1.5, so quite a few Bruins have feeble stats. Pouliot outplayed Horton and Lucic against Carolina. He was on the ice when the Bruins needed the tying goal. He was hitting, He was getting off some meaningful shots. He wasn't falling down.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
You have preconceived notions about Pouliot. I'd say he is being eased in gradually and is beginning to show his talent. The "no points" is not a criterion right now because the Bruins have scored 1, 4, 0, and 1 goal in their four games, an average of 1.5, so quite a few Bruins have feeble stats. Pouliot outplayed Horton and Lucic against Carolina. He was on the ice when the Bruins needed the tying goal. He was hitting, He was getting off some meaningful shots. He wasn't falling down.
I watched a bit of that game and their game on Monday and I know they love him in Boston but Lucic is just not that great of a player and overrated IMHO. Nothing against him or the fact that he plays for the Bruins I just don't see him being a 1st line player but maybe that just me

Old
10-13-2011, 09:18 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Sample sizes can also be misleading. Pouliot looked great for us in his first 20 games here, you don't need me to tell you what happened next. How long do you think he's going to keep outplaying Horton and Lucic, realistically?

Old
10-13-2011, 09:23 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Just saw this on the main board. McQuaid checks himself into the boards and is so out of it that he tries to stick-check his own defense partner...

http://video.thescore.com/watch/mcqu...cted-head-shot

Kinda scary actually.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:23 AM
neofury*

No offense but he only said Suter would get Wiz money, he never compared them in that quote in any way what so ever. I don't get why at times on here somebody can't say something like that without people automatically jumping to the conclusion that he compared the two. He didn't compare them as players, he said Suter would get that type of money.

Do you honestly think he won't? He will.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:25 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
No offense but he only said Suter would get Wiz money, he never compared them in that quote in any way what so ever. I don't get why at times on here somebody can't say something like that without people automatically jumping to the conclusion that he compared the two. He didn't compare them as players, he said Suter would get that type of money.

Do you honestly think he won't? He will.
Yes, but he made it sound like Suter getting Wiz type money would be an overpayment, which isn't true by any means. In fact, if Suter gets a Wiz type deal, it'd be considered a huge steal by whichever team signs him to it.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Yes, but he made it sound like Suter getting Wiz type money would be an overpayment, which isn't true by any means. In fact, if Suter gets a Wiz type deal, it'd be considered a huge steal by whichever team signs him to it.
I disagree I don't think it would be a deal. I think Wiz is very overpaid in the first place and I think Suter getting 6 x 6.5-7 would just be "fair payment".

I also don't believe he implied that in the quote people went off on him over.

Personally he's a poster I disagree with plenty but that's a case where it's nitpicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Sample sizes can also be misleading. Pouliot looked great for us in his first 20 games here, you don't need me to tell you what happened next. How long do you think he's going to keep outplaying Horton and Lucic, realistically?
This. But even though I do agree honestly I still think Pouliot will be a complete bust in beantown.

He won't continue outplaying them, Horton imo will break out and be the Lucic of this season potting 30g. Benny will be in the press box.

Quote:
I've been saying this all along but people were all like "omgomgomgomgnoooo without richards they will fail, without carter they will fail, they already had good goaltending omgomgogmomgogmomg"

Not even kidding you.

All along I've said it, the addition of Bryzgalov alone will make this team better than they previously were let alone getting rid of two lengthy albeit fair contracts in order to grab Couturier, get Schenn and add Voracek & Simmonds. To me it was a no brainer. Sure Carter and Richards are awesome players but Philly had the depth to move them and what they added made them a more complete team. How people didn't see this coming just amazes me. Simmonds and Voracek are both VERY underrated players. Couturier was probably the steal of the draft, Schenn will make something of himself too. When you already have great depth it's about finding the right pieces and Bryzgalov was that right piece.

The way people reacted to the tradings and overall situation in general it makes me think a lot of folks really don't get just how good Ilya Bryzgalov actually is.

Last edited by neofury*: 10-13-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old
10-13-2011, 09:39 AM
LyleOdelein

It's kind of amazing how far expectations have dropped for Pouliot. He's getting credit for not being a detriment to his team in the limited minutes he's played so far. I can't wait for the upcoming onslaught of complaints about how Martin mishandled Pouliot when he actually puts up a point or two.

Closed Thread