HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

NHL Game Centre Archiving

Old
10-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
NHL Game Centre Archiving

Hey guys,

I just noticed on NHL.com that I can use NHL GameCentre in Germany. I was wondering, however, as I won't want to watch the games live (since I'd have to be up at 1.00am), how long it takes for the games to be put on the archive? If it's something like a few hours, I would love it.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT- Nevermind! I found out it takes up to 48 hours for the games to get archived. Is it possible at all to leave my computer on, and record the game while I'm asleep?

EDIT OF EDIT- Fine print says it actually DOESN'T work in Deutschland. Darned noobs.

Nevermind to everything! Unless someone knows a good alternative, that isn't NHL Torrents, as I can't keep my upload ratio high enough.

Last edited by Polakdave: 10-18-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
Hey guys,

I just noticed on NHL.com that I can use NHL GameCentre in Germany. I was wondering, however, as I won't want to watch the games live (since I'd have to be up at 1.00am), how long it takes for the games to be put on the archive? If it's something like a few hours, I would love it.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT- Nevermind! I found out it takes up to 48 hours for the games to get archived. Is it possible at all to leave my computer on, and record the game while I'm asleep?

EDIT OF EDIT- Fine print says it actually DOESN'T work in Deutschland. Darned noobs.

Nevermind to everything! Unless someone knows a good alternative, that isn't NHL Torrents, as I can't keep my upload ratio high enough.
I think the TV deals are relatively new - however I was over in Germany last week, and had no problem using either GCL or the Vault.

Back in the UK now... but generally (and if you dig through the whole Medge thread on business of hockey forum) the following seems to be true:
1. Vault CAN take up to 48 hours, however to the point they've basically archived games within about 6 hours of completion. It was the previous ESPN player that Europeans fans are used to.
2. GCL is still working for anyone that has an account, despite new deals in place (ie Scandinavians) - the issue is just that new accounts are not allowed to be created in those regions.
3. If you don't want access to live games, just get Vault. It's significantly cheaper and no contract. Also you don't have to worry about accidentally spoiling the game result even with scores off due to GCL's poor web design.
4. To sign up if you don't have an account - find a way (or a friend) to sign up with an NA based IP.

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Thanks for the input, but I just got a subscription to NHLstreams.com. It seems to be working pretty well, and the archives are up within an hour, usually.

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:28 AM
ThreeStars

Well usually they are available straight way. The games start at 10am here and I watch when I get home from work, like I can watch the Philly game right now.

EDIT: Oh I just read to the end of your post and it doesn't matter anyway.

ThreeStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Yeah... though last night's games haven't shown up yet on Vault unfortunately. Having to force myself to watch through the full version of PHI-OTT to this point rather than just the condensed.
Though personally if I was going to go the route of a non-official source, I wouldn't put money into it.

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote