HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Canucks @ Philiadelphia Flyers TSN, RIS(HD) RADIO: 1040

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
You are invited to...
hockey player observing season

We invite you to join us for a hockey players-watching tour in the Wells Fargo arena in Philadelphia. Located in the middle of the arena, surrounded by hockey fans and idiots, the arena with its rich violence actions and favorable microclimate attracts numerous species of hockey players. The number of hockey players is estimated at more than 120 species, coming from different cultures. This is not ultimate and quite many unexplored species are still waiting to be playing, like the Vancouver Canucks rookie Jordan Schroeder, and the players who are injured and therefore will not be playing tonight, which they will be watching us observing them in the audience seats. During our trip you will have a chance to enjoy the beauty of the newly constructed team of the Philadelphia Flyers. The cheerful cheering from the crowd and gullible behavior of the hockey players will indeed please you. If you are interested in this hockey watching session, tune into TSN today at 4:30pm; which they will be shown in the high definition tubes.

PS: DO NOT FEED THE PLAYERS

YOUR VANCOUVER CANUCKS

VS

the flyers

Canucks.com preview: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011020035

Observing time: 4:30pm
Place: Wells Fargo arena
Media: TSN, RIS (HD), Team 1040

Vancouver Canucks line up:
Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Sturm - Hodgson - Samuelsson
Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Volpatti

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

Players to watch:
Burrows the hair-pulling species - this special species is not only good at scoring, he is good at pulling opponent's hair and eating their fingers, research indicated that he probably save it for later consumption.

Sedins twins - this unique species features the Sedins twins, they are again famous for scoring in big games especially for scoring one point in seven games against the Bruins, they are also famous for not retaliating when under attack, research had shown that the players had probably watched Homer the boxer and learnt from him.

Ryan Kesler - He will not be playing, therefore will be observing you observing him tonight.

Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 10-12-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old
10-12-2011, 02:07 AM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
Minor nitpick: As far as I know, Tanev should still be playing this game alongside Ballard on the 3rd pairing, not Alberts. Or did I miss something? He did have a bit of a rough game against Columbus so is AV scratching him?

Old
10-12-2011, 02:09 AM
NuxFan09

Also, Luongo will be starting in goal. I'm beginning to think these errors were purposeful.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:09 AM
ProstheticConscience
WITNESS ME!!!!!!!!

vCash: 50
Read somewhere Alberts draws in over Tanev for Philly.

Anyway, go us. Hoping to catch the last period after work.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Also, Luongo will be starting in goal. I'm beginning to think these errors were purposeful.
I forget to change it back to Luongo, but i am pretty sure that Alberts is playing today.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Abaddon*

I would say some of us were a bit to early to declare undrafted Chris Tanev an NHL player. I've been playing up Andrew Alberts all off-season, and think this will be a big year for him.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:42 AM
CanucksOo

Quote:
Minor nitpick: As far as I know, Tanev should still be playing this game alongside Ballard on the 3rd pairing, not Alberts. Or did I miss something? He did have a bit of a rough game against Columbus so is AV scratching him?
Yah, he did have a rough game but I think it's mostly b/c AV wants to get the 7th dman some playing time. Much like he did last year with rotating Rome and Alberts in and out of the lineup.

Let's see if Alberts can adjust playing on the right side.

Quote:
Alberts became Ballard’s template for redemption. And in a terrific plot twist, it appears the two blue-liners who became Canucks the hard way will play together tonight as Alberts gets his first game of the season.
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz1aYEjtxr0

Old
10-12-2011, 02:50 AM
xtr3m

Don't forget that it's Philly in Philly. Alberts makes sense. Speaking of Philly: is there any other team that has our number as much as them? What is it, 3-15?

Watch out for Simmonds. I think he'll be in Luongo's face all night.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:57 AM
BoHorvatFan

LOL putting Alberts in should really add some toughness. If we need a player to get one punched in a scrum he's the perfect guy for the job as he proved last year against Philly.

I expect Luongo's first meltdown of the season and a huge loss. I also expect the ''it's ok because it's October and good goalies don't have to play well that month'' excuse following the game. But I hope I'm wrong, it isn't often though.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Crows*

I'm of the mindset this season, that I really don't care too much about the results now and the scores etc. Just win the division any way possible and get at least that 3rd seed and be healthy going in to the playoffs. We know this group can go very far.. just be healthy and ready to go come april with home ice to start the playoffs.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:07 AM
David71

expect some rough stuff going on? maybe a couple of fights.? it is philly afterall.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:14 AM
metric

Not exactly brimming with confidence for this game.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:17 AM
NuxFan09

Philly is one of the top teams in the East but they just seem beatable. Their once renowned deep offense is a thing of the past. If anything, it's their goalie and defense I'm worried about. Bryzgalov has had a solid start to the season and any blueline with Pronger, Timonen AND Coburn is going to be tough to score against. The Canucks are going to need to be sharp on whatever PP opportunities they get as I can see this being another game in which they don't create much offense 5 on 5. Kesler would sure be useful in a game like this.

I'm thinking the good guys eek this one out, 2-1. Daniel Sedin and Chris Higgins both get their 2nd goals of the season for the Canucks and Jakub Voracek gets one for the Flyers.

Old
10-12-2011, 04:34 AM
YogiCanucks

Gotta chalk this one up as a must win, first away game against an Eastern opponent. Gotta set the tone.

Tanev didn't have a fantastic game in CBJ but I don't think he played poorly enough to be out of the line up. But, as suggested already, it's likely just getting the 7th d-man some playing time + it's Filly

Old
10-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Hey I are think we are will lose; Be 7-2 will score

Old
10-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Krishna

I noticed on the flyers GDT that Kesler was on IR.. Can anyone tell me when he is expected to be back? Got him on my fantasy league

Old
10-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Philly is one of the top teams in the East but they just seem beatable. Their once renowned deep offense is a thing of the past. If anything, it's their goalie and defense I'm worried about. Bryzgalov has had a solid start to the season and any blueline with Pronger, Timonen AND Coburn is going to be tough to score against. The Canucks are going to need to be sharp on whatever PP opportunities they get as I can see this being another game in which they don't create much offense 5 on 5. Kesler would sure be useful in a game like this.

I'm thinking the good guys eek this one out, 2-1. Daniel Sedin and Chris Higgins both get their 2nd goals of the season for the Canucks and Jakub Voracek gets one for the Flyers.
Not entirely accurate. If anything, they've become bigger, stronger and faster up front at forward. They are still very deep.

Old
10-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Hoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
I noticed on the flyers GDT that Kesler was on IR.. Can anyone tell me when he is expected to be back? Got him on my fantasy league
The last word I've heard is that AV wants him back after about 6 or 7 games.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
no, just getting a head start on sabotaging ballard's season.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
The last word I've heard is that AV wants him back after about 6 or 7 games.
I'm sure AV wants him back now.

Will he actually be ready to come back after 6 or 7 games?

Old
10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
stickside

still having a hard time getting amped up for this season after the cup run last year. sucks making it to almost the top of the mountain and then sliding alllllll the way down to the bottom to start over

Old
10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
ddawg1950

A game like this might help the guys focus a bit more. Because if they don't, Philly is quite capable of running up the score.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I would say some of us were a bit to early to declare undrafted Chris Tanev an NHL player. I've been playing up Andrew Alberts all off-season, and think this will be a big year for him.
Tanev is only in his 2nd year pro, as much as he is an nhl player (IMO), he will have some growing pains and will have to sit some times due to the depth of the blueline. This shouldn't be considered a set back or anything of the sort. Just shows how deep the blueline is.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
galiano

Any ideas on how to see this game streamed.?

Old
10-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickside View Post
still having a hard time getting amped up for this season after the cup run last year. sucks making it to almost the top of the mountain and then sliding alllllll the way down to the bottom to start over
Yeah, I'm still looking forward to the game tonight but it sure feels different this year. Welcome to Sharkfandom.

Closed Thread