HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Sony Hacked, Again.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2011, 10:35 AM
  #1
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 50
Sony Hacked, Again.

http://www.inquisitr.com/149788/sony...s-compromised/

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
  #2
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Towers
WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO XBOX.

Blame Godzilla.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:39 AM
  #3
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO XBOX.

Blame Godzilla.
All praise the mighty xbox!

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:40 AM
  #4
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Man, they probably have enough personal info to start a new country by now.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
  #5
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking
 
Jill Sandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arklay Mansion
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
I wonder why they think it's a good idea while the previous hackers are beginning to be arrested.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
  #6
Stories
Hockey scientist
 
Stories's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 6,343
vCash: 500
#@%@#&(%(@ Again? FML.


Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:30 AM
  #7
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,356
vCash: 50
That's weird.

I just used my PS3 and was able to go online with no problems.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
  #8
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
That's weird.

I just used my PS3 and was able to go online with no problems.
They aren't down. Just, your information may not be secure. Again.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:52 AM
  #9
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Oh ****, someone might find out that I'm the real John Doe that lives at 123 Main Street!

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:55 AM
  #10
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,902
vCash: 500
Damn. That $5.00 a month for XBox live is really a killer.

Just think, I can save the $5.00 if I'm willing to share my personal information with the world!!!

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:07 PM
  #11
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Damn. That $5.00 a month for XBox live is really a killer.

Just think, I can save the $5.00 if I'm willing to share my personal information with the world!!!
People who think like this justify the $500 I invested in SYMC.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
  #12
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Damn. That $5.00 a month for XBox live is really a killer.

Just think, I can save the $5.00 if I'm willing to share my personal information with the world!!!
We get it. You don't care that you pay for online. Guess what? Neither do I.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
  #13
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,094
vCash: 500
And I just bought a PS3 last night...

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:31 PM
  #14
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
And I just bought a PS3 last night...
Just don't link your credit card.

Buy game cards at the store if you are going to buy things online.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
  #15
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns
 
Alex The Loyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: McWhatever
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO XBOX.

Blame Godzilla.
BS

If the guys who hacked Sony and shut it down out out as much effort as they did into hacking sony and hacked XBox, they would go down as well. Microsoft doesn't have the greatest anti-hacking protection either. And XBox has been hacked as well broski

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/x...nts-stolen/131

Granted the link is old, but you get the idea, so XBox homers, please be a dear and shut up.

Love, Alex

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
  #16
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
BS

If the guys who hacked Sony and shut it down out out as much effort as they did into hacking sony and hacked XBox, they would go down as well. Microsoft doesn't have the greatest anti-hacking protection either. And XBox has been hacked as well broski

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/x...nts-stolen/131

Granted the link is old, but you get the idea, so XBox homers, please be a dear and shut up.

Love, Alex
I'm purely a PS3 Owner and was being sarcastic. There was more than enough people coming into the thread last time and saying this.

I thought the full capslock and "Blame Godzilla." would be enough to show that.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
  #17
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns
 
Alex The Loyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: McWhatever
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Oh okay, but yeah, XBox homers really should shut up

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
  #18
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Damn. That $5.00 a month for XBox live is really a killer.

Just think, I can save the $5.00 if I'm willing to share my personal information with the world!!!
Keep spending your 5$ then, it's the inferior system and I know this because I own one, have actually owned several as we were the beta testers for the hardware. Not my company, I'm referring to myself and the rest of the general public

It's funny how 360 people love to bash PS3 cause of this but last I checked the PS3 wasn't faulty from the get go like the 360 was, so the mere fact that Microsoft managed to do something right finally (not get hacked?) really isn't saying much. But hey if you want to pay 5$ a month to play on an inferior system due to a media scare campaign against Sony and some hackers who will likely be thrown in jail, by all means go for it

And for the record nothing is unhackable. If people want to hack XBL it can be done and they would do it if they wanted to. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't really even mean much. The PSN didn't get hacked for a while either and I most certainly wouldn't expect something running on a windows platform to be unhackable.

Plus let's face it, nobody had a gun to your head forcing you to give them your personal information in the first place. Some people like myself don't like to give personal information up online. With the newer generation and of course facebook that is drastically changing of course. But again nobody had a gun to anyone's head, put fake info.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
  #19
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,791
vCash: 500
This is why I hate hackers... when it affects the servers, you're ****ing over your fellow gamers.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
  #20
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
Microsoft doesn't have the greatest anti-hacking protection either. And XBox has been hacked as well broski

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/x...nts-stolen/131

Granted the link is old, but you get the idea, so XBox homers, please be a dear and shut up.

Love, Alex
It's not even nearly as widespread as on the PSN.

Hate, Jussi

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
  #21
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Keep spending your 5$ then, it's the inferior system and I know this because I own one, have actually owned several as we were the beta testers for the hardware. Not my company, I'm referring to myself and the rest of the general public

It's funny how 360 people love to bash PS3 cause of this but last I checked the PS3 wasn't faulty from the get go like the 360 was, so the mere fact that Microsoft managed to do something right finally (not get hacked?) really isn't saying much. But hey if you want to pay 5$ a month to play on an inferior system due to a media scare campaign against Sony and some hackers who will likely be thrown in jail, by all means go for it

And for the record nothing is unhackable. If people want to hack XBL it can be done and they would do it if they wanted to. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't really even mean much. The PSN didn't get hacked for a while either and I most certainly wouldn't expect something running on a windows platform to be unhackable.

Plus let's face it, nobody had a gun to your head forcing you to give them your personal information in the first place. Some people like myself don't like to give personal information up online. With the newer generation and of course facebook that is drastically changing of course. But again nobody had a gun to anyone's head, put fake info.
For the record, I own both a PS3 and a 360 and probably play the PS3 more.

I just find it hilarious when people rag on XBox Live for charging $5.00 a month while their free service gets hacked constantly.

Maybe the $5.00 isn't that bad after all.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
  #22
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,651
vCash: 500
You guys are pathetic. Stop arguing over the 5 bucks. I can afford it and I like my xbox.

I'm rich , Butch

Lol autocorrect

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
  #23
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post

I just find it hilarious when people rag on XBox Live for charging $5.00 a month while their free service gets hacked constantly.
.
Where were the individuals in this thread ragging on Xbox Live until you provoked a flame war with your off-topic comments? Oh that's' right, there weren't any because this thread is about PS3's...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
  #24
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
You guys are pathetic. Stop arguing over the 5 bucks. I can afford it and I like my xbox.

I'm rich , Butch

Lol autocorrect
Dude, it's preference. Anyone that can't afford the cost of XBL shouldn't be living in the first place.

In the words of Doc from Boondock Saints "Why don't you make like a tree, and get the **** outta here? "

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
  #25
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.