HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Standings projection

Old
10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
2015cupwinners

vCash: 500
TSN Standings projection

We have a lot of question marks: goaltending, the rookies, how much defensive effort our scoring forwards want to put in, etc..., but if some of the questions get answered well, I can see us getting on a roll at some point and moving up. It won't be easy though.

My standings guesses are:
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Ottawa
4. Tampa-W
5. Toronto-W
6. Montreal
7. Florida
8. Buffalo

1. Pittsburgh
2. New Jersey
3. Columbus
4. NYI
5. NYR
6. Washington
7. Philly
8. Carolina

Feel free to muster up the courage to write down your predictions, we promise to only make fun of you a little.

2015cupwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
I dont see us anymore than sixth unless other teams have major injuries.

We have issues which are glaring to me and have not resolved them and have too many rookies who will go through the growing pains of learning how to play in NHL. This will all pay off in time we will compete most nights and have very ugly nights.

We need to solve the D issue. A lot will say we need to solve the goaltending issue. I think the goaltending will work out. We need honestly 2 moves to D have stated that forever. A true shut down physical guy and a TOP 2 true defender better than hedman all around who can help on power play.

I know some of you will say but we have carle blah blah blah. He needs to step up. Gudas is primarily a rookie and will have times when proves that I love the kid though.

Brewer is a huge question mark. Salo remaining injury free for full 82 games would be a miracle to me.

Aulie is blah and learning nothing bad just not good enough if we have injuries to step up and be the man if that makes sense and everyone else is kids.

So you got to live with the learning process unfortunately and hope our offense is dead on and that adding people like fippula can help the d and our players buying into the system can help the teams chemistry and overall d.

We will make plenty of mistakes though so how badly will we pay

Can we be a playoff team sure but I think we would have to make a move for a top four D man and move one of our forwards or prospects to do this.

The goaltending would just be needing to be a little bit better than last year.

We would have to limit our odd man rushes caused by stupid mental errors.

So we are not as far from 3 as it seems but a couple adjustments are needed imo to hit that 3 spot. This will take time. Is as simple as that.

We will be fun to watch!!!!!

My standings guesses are:
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Ottawa
4. Montreal
5. Toronto
6. Tampa
7. Florida
8. Buffalo

1. Pittsburgh
2. NY Rangers
3. Philly
4. Washington
5. Columbus
6. NJ
7. NY Islanders
8. Carolina

I can honestly see anything happening with wild cards I truly believe toronto fails so washington is in but does montreal fail have injuries? To me that puts in columbus everyone is going to be down to wire this year the last many teams anything can happen. We have a very great schedule at the end if we are in race we could wind up 5th if teams have injuries and take that last wild card too.

Sad thing is we should be third in our league we could make the moves to make that happen so am HOPEFUL

Last edited by robertguess2013: 10-01-2013 at 08:02 AM.
robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 09:41 AM
2015cupwinners

Goaltending is my main worry. Neither guy is acting like he wants the job, and our #3-4 goalies looked pretty shaky last season. If Salo gets injured long term, we might have a problem also. I like Gudas and Sustr, so I have my fingers crossed that they both do well this season. Our season will go much better if they do. If parts of the Top Gun line struggle, Connolly, Namestnikov, and Brown will gladly take their place, so no worries there. I'm just hoping the goalies' nerves settle down when they realize the team in front of them is really paying more attention to team D.

As for the standings, New Jersey always seems to finish above expectations, and they have put a lot of effort into reloading this offseason, so I have them as my surprise high seed. The Rangers' depth forwards don't impress me, so I have them sliding.

2015cupwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:26 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 682
Most projections seem to have Tampa missing playoffs but Vukota has Tampa finishing with 12th best record in the league, comfortably playoff team.

Vukota is based on adv. stats that won't always tell everything, it's about projection and Vukota supports younger teams. Vukota had Minnesota as one of the worst teams and EDM as one of the best fwiw, so..

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
I can't say I'm confident that Tampa will be a playoff team. That being said, we certainly have the talent, and if we gel and get contributions from our netminders and Dmen, we could make some noise.

This is the weirdest season for me... no idea where we'll end up. I could see us going on a run and ending up close to the top, or I could see us falling part and celebrating having Ekblad on our blueline.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

No one saw MTL even making the playoffs last season after finishing last in the east. With the talent that this team has, I wouldn't go that far to say we won't make playoffs. I'd say we're fighting with TML, MTL, and OTT for that playoff spot.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 12:07 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

I don't think we make the playoffs.. I hope I'm wrong.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

It's coming down to goaltending. I think if that is working then I think we have a chance but they didn't do well last year so I don't see how they will change.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 01:53 PM
jayslightning79
@jayslightning79

Better than last season

I like what the New season brings, and I like how the so-called experts are projecting the standings, this should just motivate Tampa Bay to battle for a playoff spot.

Seems like most of the teams that make the playoffs have great secondary scoring. I think the Johnson - Palat - Panik Line should prove to be one of the better 3rd line in the East. All 3 can play a two-way game while chipping in offensively.

Bishop/Lindback Should be decent enough for this team to take a step forward. As for Defense, Tampa gets a full season with Radko Gudas (which should lower veterans minutes) Barberio, Sustr could be a nice addition to our Defensive corps. I think this season we'll be a bubbles team.

Last edited by jayslightning79: 10-01-2013 at 02:18 PM.
jayslightning79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayslightning79 View Post
I like what the New season brings, and I like how the so-called experts are projecting the standings, this should just motivate Tampa Bay to battle for a playoff.

Seems like most of the teams that make the playoffs have great secondary scoring. I think the Johnson - Palat - Panik Line should prove to be one of the better 3rd line in the East. All 3 can play a two-way game while chipping in offensively.

Bishop/Lindback Should be decent enough for this team to take a step forward. As for Defense, Tampa gets a full season with Radko Gudas (which should lower veterans minutes) Barberio, Sustr could be a nice addition to our Defensive corps. I think this season we'll be a bubbles team.
I think that third line could take a while. They are basically all rookies. I do see them becoming a dangerous line but not in the near future. Maybe not even this season. I like the defense getting better but goaltending scares me. If the third line pisses people off like I think they can and chip in some and the goaltending is better I can see a push for a spot but I'm not betting on it.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 02:36 PM
jayslightning79
@jayslightning79

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
I think that third line could take a while. They are basically all rookies. I do see them becoming a dangerous line but not in the near future. Maybe not even this season. I like the defense getting better but goaltending scares me. If the third line pisses people off like I think they can and chip in some and the goaltending is better I can see a push for a spot but I'm not betting on it.
They all (Palat, Johnson, Panik) played some games last season, so I expect them to be ready to make an impact right away. As for the Goalie, Bishop and Lindback is a way better tandem than with Lindback and Garon.

Goaltender shouldn't have a problem improving from last season; anything in the 910-925 saves percentage range, should be golden IMO.

jayslightning79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
We have a chance to reach playoffs but it will be tough and as some others mentioned my big concern is goal tending, we have two guys that could be decent backups but neither seems to be the one to step forth and be the nr 1 goalie we really need.

Hopefully I am proven wrong but if we would reach playoffs it would be a good step forward, will be interesting to follow some of the kids for sure!

10-01-2013, 06:30 PM
DFC

Realignment was every tough on us.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:43 PM
CSampson

I think most of our expectations here are tempered. The Atlantic is the "easiest" conference to predict on paper. But those predictions generally never pan out. What we do know is that there are a lot of questions marks on this team. The pieces are there to make it work, but the realist in me still feels like this is another year of building up.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:08 PM
NHLeitner

4th or 5th in the Atlantic is not an unreasonable possibility. Now, will that be enough to clinch one of the Wild card spots? With PIT, PHI, WAS, NYI, NYR, and maybe even NJD and CBJ capable of a playoff spot (if things break right), I doubt it.

Still, I would love to be surprised.....

NHLeitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 02:04 PM
chasespace

It all comes down to the goaltending. If they both step up I can see Tampa fighting for a playoff spot, if they're average then 6th is about right.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote