HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines

Old
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

vCash: 500
Mueller(Porter, Lindstom)/Stastny/Jones
Landeskog/O'Reilly/Winnik
Galiardi/Duchene/Hejduk
McLeod/McClemment/Kobasew

or if you want to play Duchene on wing

Duchene/Stastny/Jones
Galiardi/Porter/Hejduk

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible View Post
What you don't get is that breaking up the team's best line is not guaranteed to help the team. What evidence do you have that breaking up the team's best line will help the team? What evidence do you have that the team won't be able to win games unless they break up the lines that are performing fairly well?
Obviously there is no evidence. I know that.
But I'd like to give it a try vs Edmonton and see how it clicks.

A top six out of Stastny, Jones, Hejduk, O'Reilly, Duchene, Landeskog at least finally would look like a top 6.
Galiardi, McClement and Winnik would still give us a decent third line. I wouldn't like breaking up OWL either, still I think this would be worth a try at least.

I could easily see Duchene pick it up with RoR in the middle and Lando on the other wing. This would help the team a lot, not only Duchene.
And when they are able to find some chemistry together that would be a lot better than with Winnik.

I'm simply not very convinced by our offensive play on even strength except for the 3rd line and to me that's enough of a reason to change something and look how it works.
It's not like you couldn't put the OWL line together the next game again.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 05:58 PM
hoserthehorrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Mueller(Porter, Lindstom)/Stastny/Jones
Galiardi/Duchene/Hejduk

or if you want to play Duchene on wing

Duchene/Stastny/Jones
Galiardi/Porter/Hejduk
I like trying Galiardi on Duchene's line and seeing if they can get some chemistry going. I think Duchene needs a bigger, more powerful, winger on his line other than Kobasew and Lindstrom.

I would even be in favor of trying Duchene on Stastny's wing and seeing if that works.

I would not break up the Landeskog-O'Reilly-Winnik line unless they stop producing or the team goes on a prolonged slump.

hoserthehorrible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:06 PM
hoserthehorrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Obviously there is no evidence. I know that.
But I'd like to give it a try vs Edmonton and see how it clicks.

A top six out of Stastny, Jones, Hejduk, O'Reilly, Duchene, Landeskog at least finally would look like a top 6.
Galiardi, McClement and Winnik would still give us a decent third line. I wouldn't like breaking up OWL either, still I think this would be worth a try at least.

I could easily see Duchene pick it up with RoR in the middle and Lando on the other wing. This would help the team a lot, not only Duchene.
And when they are able to find some chemistry together that would be a lot better than with Winnik.

I'm simply not very convinced by our offensive play on even strength except for the 3rd line and to me that's enough of a reason to change something and look how it works.
It's not like you couldn't put the OWL line together the next game again.
If the OWL line stops producing then I am all for mixing things up. I don't think you break them up just to see what happens though when they're one of the main reasons the team is 6-3 and sitting atop the NW division. Wait until they start playing poorly, or the team has a prolonged slump, before changing a winning formula.

There's all sorts of ebbs and flows during an 82 game season and lines on most teams will be changed up more than once during the course of a season. However, if you have a combination that's winning games you ride that combination until it stops producing. If the Avs lose their next two, or the OWL line starts playing like crap, then I'll be the first in line to suggest a change to the lines.

Old
10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I don't see why we should punish Landeskog by having him play with Duchene. In nine games, how many good passes has Duchene made that created a scoring chance? One, two? I can't recall any, but I am sure I've forgotten some. He's just a black hole offensively at the moment and we'll hurt the team by splitting up the O'Reilly line (feels weird calling them the third line when they are 1st, 3rd and 5th in ice time/game).

I wouldn't be opposed to having Duchene with Galiardi and Hejduk though. I don't think Hejduk is what makes the Stastny line tick. It's Stastny and Jones. Hejduk just happened to join them when those two elevated their game imo.
I'm not sure if you still have me blocked, but that's a stupid sentence to start with.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:05 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

@Horse: Problem with Winnik is his offensive game isn't on par with Landeskog or ROR, imo. That's why I put Galiardi on there who is basically plays just like Winnik, but better in the offensive game.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:33 PM
hoserthehorrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
@Horse: Problem with Winnik is his offensive game isn't on par with Landeskog or ROR, imo. That's why I put Galiardi on there who is basically plays just like Winnik, but better in the offensive game.
I don't disagree that Galiardi might be a better offensive weapon than Winnik. And, moving Galiardi with Landeskog and O'Reilly might be a nice line. However, my thinking is you stay with the what works until it stops working. The Landeskog-O'Reilly-Winnik line has been, and continues to be, the best line on a 6-3 NW division leading team.

Old
10-27-2011, 09:24 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

I don't want to watch Lindstrom and Kobasew play. They make me angry.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Ice Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I don't want to watch Lindstrom and Kobasew play. They make me angry.
Did we watch the same game yesterday? Lindstrom actually played really well.

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCrusher21 View Post
Did we watch the same game yesterday? Lindstrom actually played really well.
Yes, he was decent in the attacking zone. Absolutely clueless anywhere else, and unwilling to engage in physical battle more than an old Pierre Turgeon.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:55 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Yes, he was decent in the attacking zone. Absolutely clueless anywhere else, and unwilling to engage in physical battle more than an old Pierre Turgeon.
I agree with you. Don't like Lindstroms game at all right now.

Porter is better IMO.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Ice Crusher

Quote:
What about Duchene? He hasn't done anything as of now this season. He played worst than Lindstrom and by a large margin. Yes, Lindstrom wasn't the best defensively but who was on that line yesterday? At least he made something happen in the offensive zone. I am not worrying about Duchene but I think we have to care more about Duchene's play than Lindstrom right now...

Old
10-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

Porter is better IMO.
at hockey???

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

Porter is better IMO.
Finally people are seeing Lindstrom for what he really is. I felt like avsboy for awhile.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Finally people are seeing Lindstrom for what he really is. I felt like avsboy for awhile.
It's not even 10 games into the season.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
It's not even 10 games into the season.
I'm sure he'll magically get it by the 11th game and put up 20 goals.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Ice Crusher

Omg if you really think that Lindstrom is that bad on the team...you should really take a closer look at some other players on this team other than him...

By the way, to expect him to play a physical game. He does not has the frame to do it. He could be better defensively but he isn't the worst out there!!!

Old
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

At this point, I'd like to see Yip put with Duchene. Galiardi-Duchene-Yip.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Omg if you really think that Lindstrom is that bad on the team...you should really take a closer look at some other players on this team other than him...

By the way, to expect him to play a physical game. He does not has the frame to do it. He could be better defensively but he isn't the worst out there!!!
Fact: he is the worst forward on the team. He's an offensive player that brings little to no offense. Hitting has nothing to do with being a good hockey player just ask Hejduk, couldn't careless if Lindstrom was physical.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Ice Crusher

Quote:
Fact: he is the worst forward on the team. He's an offensive player that brings little to no offense. Hitting has nothing to do with being a good hockey player just ask Hejduk, couldn't careless if Lindstrom was physical.
We all have our opinion I presume...

Lindstrom was alone on his line yesterday. The only one to created plays. I have a question for you...Can you tell me, what Duchene and Kobasew did better than Lindstrom last night. And please don't tell me they were better defensively...

I was talking to twopadstack for the physical play because he pointed he wouldn't do physical battles which he doesn't really have the frame for it.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
We all have our opinion I presume...

Lindstrom was alone on his line yesterday. The only one to created plays. I have a question for you...Can you tell me, what Duchene and Kobasew did better than Lindstrom last night. And please don't tell me they were better defensively...

I was talking to twopadstack for the physical play because he pointed he wouldn't do physical battles which he doesn't really have the frame for it.
What that shot off the cross bar from Duchene wasn't enough?

Duchene might be playing worse than Lindstrom right now (he isn't) but both Duchene and Kobasew have track records in the NHL, they will improve as the season goes.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Ice Crusher

Quote:
What that shot off the cross bar from Duchene wasn't enough?

Duchene might be playing worse than Lindstrom right now (he isn't) but both Duchene and Kobasew have track records in the NHL, they will improve as the season goes.
Oh and Lindstrom won't improve as the season goes....

Old
10-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Oh and Lindstrom won't improve as the season goes....

As I said Duchene and Kobasew both have track records in the NHL. It's pretty obvious Duchene will get a lot better, Kobasew who I don't think should be in the top 6 but he will be an adequate 3/4 liner. This is how I see the top 9 should be.

Landeskog-Duchene-Hejduk
Gags-Stastny-Jones
Kobasew-O'Rielly-Winnik

The O'Rielly line won't be broken up until the avs lose back to back but it will happen sooner or later.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:56 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
at hockey???
Yes.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:04 AM
NHL33*

Not only is Kobasew not a top-6 skater, he doesn't belong on the third line either. Throw him on the wing with McClement, and use him on the PK as needed for speed and hustle. He definitely does NOT belong on the PP and I am ****ing sick of him on any of the three scoring lines.

Tired of that "Kobasew can skate on the third line" BS. He can't. He's a ****ing black hole.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote