Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lucic?

Old
10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I cant wait until Lucic pummels someone and the passivists will be calling for him to reign it in and mature. Like when he pummeled Brown and got Komisarek from behind, insight a 500 post thread on this very board.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles8 View Post
And anyone concerned about Lucic's play better also be ready to point a finger right on down the roster . Not many so far seem overly enthused
Agreed, but I hope the upcoming game against an elite opponent (Chicago) will be just what the doctor ordered to get the boys pumped up.

TMac21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Agreed, but I hope the upcoming game against an elite opponent (Chicago) will be just what the doctor ordered to get the boys pumped up.
IMO, the Bruins need emotion to get them fired up, not some western opponent they will only see once this year.

IMO I will be worried about this team if they fail to respond October 20th vs. the leafs.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:42 AM
caz16

vCash: 664
[QUOTE=BewareoftheBear;37836401]I know right?

A toe injury is so devastating, how could he ever recover from a toe injury!

QUOTE]

Just a little insight - you can laugh at this but I had surgery on my big toe a year ago and it still is painful and swollen. I can't wear a regular shoe yet let alone lace up ice skates.

I'm obviously not saying this is the case with Lucic but you are constantly on your feet and it is a difficult injury to recover from - as small as it may seem to some.

caz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I cant wait until Lucic pummels someone and the passivists will be calling for him to reign it in and mature. Like when he pummeled Brown and got Komisarek from behind, insight a 500 post thread on this very board.
Can you wait till he breaks his hand on the helmet of some guy who plays four minutes a night and then misses a month?

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
I'm obviously not saying this is the case with Lucic but you are constantly on your feet and it is a difficult injury to recover from - as small as it may seem to some.
Indeed. Not to mention just how critical toes are to stability, and how critical stability is to skating. Toes are crucial to fine motor control and balance. I know a guy who lost all his toes on both feet to a winter accident, he can't even chop wood for his fireplace because he cant steady himself properly.

With the kind of fine adjustments it can take to skate, yeah, a broken toe is a really serious issue. It's a lot like a broken finger in baseball.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
With the kind of fine adjustments it can take to skate, yeah, a broken toe is a really serious issue.
Is his toe still broken?

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Depends on how well he stayed off it in the offseason.

From the videos we watched, not very.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
MoeLemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Is his toe still broken?

Yes. He said that he didn't have surgery on because it would have keep him out of the line-up to start the season plus I think his girlfriend castrated him over the summer.

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
Can you wait till he breaks his hand on the helmet of some guy who plays four minutes a night and then misses a month?
I am not advocating it, just pointing out the double standard that exists here when it comes to Lucic.. he is either playing soft, or is out of control.

I would however, like to see him be a bit more heavy on the forecheck. IMO, if the struggles continue I would split him and Horton so they can focus on their physical games separatly and be "that guy" for their individual lines. Like when it was Lucic, Savard and Kessel.

Also, if it is an injury, I would rather see him miss games. If there is one knock on Lucic, to me its that he is pretty useless when injured.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Rocko604

I think it's obvious the real problem is Claude not being able to motivate them.

Rocko604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
I've seen him on the ice. I've heard his name. but it seems to me Milan Lucic isn't the same player he used to be. ever since the kid hit 30 goals he has been a shell of his former self. not one fight. no big hits... if any hits at all. not to mention putting up squat on the first line. He was pretty much invisible ( all though "injured") for most of the playoffs. In my opinion I think the kid should get dropped to the 3rd/4th line to give him a reality check, and hopefully bring back the effective, hockey playing Lucic.
I agree. Drop him down to the third line. He is simply not the same player he was his first two years in Boston. He used to be real favorite of mine.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I am not advocating it, just pointing out the double standard that exists here when it comes to Lucic.. he is either playing soft, or is out of control.

I would however, like to see him be a bit more heavy on the forecheck. IMO, if the struggles continue I would split him and Horton so they can focus on their physical games separatly and be "that guy" for their individual lines. Like when it was Lucic, Savard and Kessel.

Also, if it is an injury, I would rather see him miss games. If there is one knock on Lucic, to me its that he is pretty useless when injured.
Agreed. One of the best things about Lucic was him scaring defensemen when he charged them. We all saw it happen and it needs to come back.

I love the out of control Lucic. It's hard not to.

There needs to be a balance.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I think I saw him with a bucket of KFC in front of him yesterday, and a Heineken in his hand. It won't be long until he's fat and happy and slugging beers in between periods.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
patty59

I wonder what this place will be like in 2 years when Seguin gets a big pay day and he doesn't convert on all his scoring chances in the first 4 games of the season.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Wilhelm Scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I wonder what this place will be like in 2 years when Seguin gets a big pay day and he doesn't convert on all his scoring chances in the first 4 games of the season.
Let's trade him before he gets the chance!

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Mpata

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Well if Seguin has a wonderful regular season the year before then sucks in the playoffs then people have every right to criticize him.

Anybody sticking up for Lucic must not remember how he is capable of playing. Other than not scoring, he really isn't doing anything to make up for it.

Mpata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:40 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
Well if Seguin has a wonderful regular season the year before then sucks in the playoffs then people have every right to criticize him.
I would add that if a player doesn't play to his ability -- not expectations, ability -- then any and all criticism regarding the underperformance is clearly warranted. This goes for Seguin as much as anyone else.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
CrashedFever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
You don't play the game the same way when you make 4mil vs 800k. He's a top line player now. No more reckless abandon hitting...just take the hits that are there...No more fighting Colton Orr's and Jay Rosehill's...we saw how ineffective he was with the sinus / nasal problems. His #1 job right now is to score goals and he looked like he almost cashed in a couple times. Generally with Lucic when he's in a "slump" all parts of his game fail, and sometimes he looks quite bad. He'll be OK.

Plus he got paid...and we all know how the commoner hates on athletes more when they get their coin...
What about Jarome Iginla? He's an elite powerforward who scores, while still fighting and hitting.

CrashedFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashedFever View Post
What about Jarome Iginla? He's an elite powerforward who scores, while still fighting and hitting.
Lucic hits more and fights more than Jarome Iginla.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

Clearly, Lucic needs a sit down with John Lackey.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
NHRonin

Let me summarize this ridiculous thread for those just joining us...

Lucic got his ring and paycheck and doesn't care anymore.

Lucic has an attitude problem.

Lucic should be traded.

Lucic has girl trouble.

Lucic kicked my dog.

Pathetic. Four games into the season. What the hell kind of fans are you people?

NHRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
Let me summarize this ridiculous thread for those just joining us...

Lucic got his ring and paycheck and doesn't care anymore.

Lucic has an attitude problem.

Lucic should be traded.

Lucic has girl trouble.

Lucic kicked my dog.

Pathetic. Four games into the season. What the hell kind of fans are you people?
Spot on.

10-13-2011, 06:14 PM
RussellmaniaKW

I'm not panicking about Lucic or anything, but I think the dude definitely needs to simplify his game and start skating a little harder. His hitting has always only been as good as his skating. When he's skating hard he is hitting hard and that's what this team needs from him. As much as I love seeing him score 30 goals, I think w/ guys like Seguin, Marchand, and hopefully Horton carrying much of the scoring load then Lucic should just be able to focus on creating space out there.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
nitric
German Engineering

It's Lucic's fault that I forgot to pay my parking tickets and now all the fines have doubled. ****. I'm tired of his ********.

nitric is offline   Reply With Quote