Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lucic?

Old
10-13-2011, 06:41 PM
nORRis8*

vCash: 500
Have a feeling he's only fighting if he really has to. His nose is just a pile of crushed cartlidge and snot. Not much room for breathing in that thing.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Looch and Horty are both getting chances, especially Looch, the goals will come I'm sure, it's just frustrating because we could have probably won 2 out of the 3 games we lost if the top line bury's their good opportunities.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Lucic is fine, he just isn't converting yet. It happens.

The real problem people find with Lucic has nothing to do with his goal production anyway. Too many people got hung up on the idea that Lucic would be a 300 hit per season, 10 fight a year, check someone through the glass every other game type player that can pot a few goals.

Personally I'd sooner the first line LW version that still leads the team in hits, fights when he has to against any and all comers.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

What you should say is ........What happened to this team thus far. Lets point the finger at others as well. The issue is more than Lucic. This team right now needs to get their heads out of their arses and respond.

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

They need to play physical and mean and that will spark this team, we need to face Dallas or Montreal soon.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
rocketdan9

vs Carolina he was really trying. If he plays using his size and strength , he becomes a very good player. He can't try to finesse his way, because frankly he doesn't have that sort of skill.

He looked pretty fast in a long while vs carolina. Maybe trying to keep up with Seguin will do that

rocketdan9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:48 PM
ed bruin

to be frank half of the roster has been looking tentative so pointing fingers at Lucic isn't fair. Don't get me wrong, yeah i'd love to see the old Lucic, but a 30+ goal Lucic who might cut down on the fighting and hitting. That would be better.

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:38 PM
bruinsfan001

I agree about the physicality, it should be turned up a notch and I don't mean in the hitting department (even though that is part of his identity). For example, In the first period when players were battling in front of the goal if he had just moved Staal out of the way he probably could have had a goal. All Staal had to do was tie him up with his stick, thats too easy.

bruinsfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:15 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

The real problem people find with Lucic has nothing to do with his goal production anyway. Too many people got hung up on the idea that Lucic would be a 300 hit per season, 10 fight a year, check someone through the glass every other game type player that can pot a few goals.

Personally I'd sooner the first line LW version that still leads the team in hits, fights when he has to against any and all comers.
Great post Kaoz, I`m with ya, if Looch is engaging himself physically, I have always found the rest for him falls into place as he`s in the game after a solid hit. Many here have to accept that the Looch we saw in year one who was willing to drop em at the drop of a hat just isn`t going to re-appear again anytime soon, he`s had so many problems with that beak of his that he has to pick his spots, not that he`ll shy away from a scrap but he just can`t scrap with the frequency he has.

IMO the biggest problem here is this team as a whole hasn`t dropped the mitts, or played angry once yet this year, and that`s what they need to do IMO.

Side note: Carcillo a Hawk now, prime time to get angry

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:16 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan001 View Post
I agree about the physicality, it should be turned up a notch and I don't mean in the hitting department (even though that is part of his identity). For example, In the first period when players were battling in front of the goal if he had just moved Staal out of the way he probably could have had a goal. All Staal had to do was tie him up with his stick, thats too easy.
It needs to be turned "on" let alone "up a notch", the 4th line IMO has been the weakest link at it so far

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:49 PM
number72

I think he has a ring and now is playing safe to extend his playing and money making career. Makes for boring hockey.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:54 PM
bomber22

What is the famous saying. When a guy makes it to the NHL working hard, playing physical and fighting when needed. Then you score some goals and then forget what got you in the NHL.

I think it goes you go can go from crusher, to rusher, then to usher.

bomber22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 12:04 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

Not trying to stir pot here but i remember him shyin away from BGL.So all comers is not true, just saying,,

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 11:49 AM
bomber22

Lucic needs to fight the 2nd and 3rd type guys. The big heavys go to Thornton. That is his job. While it was gutsy when Lucic took on Orr. He paid with a broken nose.

bomber22 is offline   Reply With Quote