HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Not one person here thinks they won't see the ice. We all understand that. But if your watching a game and if people are walking over your head, its kind of distracting. Not to mention the idea of not seeing garden vision or the banners and the entire arena. Im in 412 so I'm in the corner. So the bridges will either connect to the west end party deck right over my head or ill clear it by a section based on my estimate. I have no problem moving over behind a goal or down a little. Like i said, we have to see what these new prices will be and how each seat, row, and section will be affected by these bridges. I want answers when they send me the new stuff in march, and I intend on asking all these questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
did you ever think about your peripheral vision? while we'll be able to see the entire ice, we will be distracted by people walking above us. we'll have one year of great sightlines and then we'll be forced to deal with that eyesore above us.

all i know is that msg and the ticket reps have to give us an illustration of what our seats will look like when the bridges are in place so there are no surprises when the work is done.
You guys are worried about be distracted because people are walking above you?

No to sound like a jerk or anything, but currently you've have people walking in front of you and below you all the time...and if your in the 300's include a ton of idiots holding all sorts of things like cotton candy hats and popcorn to distract you..

Old
10-22-2011, 11:59 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post

No to sound like a jerk or anything, but currently you've have people walking in front of you and below you all the time...and if your in the 300's include a ton of idiots holding all sorts of things like cotton candy hats and popcorn to distract you..
I think the issue is that many people will have to sort of look through a tunnel, for lack of a better comparison, once the bridges are up. When installed, it appears that they will serve as the "top" of the field of vision for those sitting in the last several, perhaps more, rows of the new upper level. That's not the same as having people occasionally walk past you.

Old
10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
jeff spicoli

I'm assuming those two sections in the lower bowl corners that look raised are just adjustable to make more room for those tunnels. I'd hate to sit in the seats on the edge below them if they're not.

Old
10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Nice. It looks like they're putting up the banners. Damn, the Garden doesn't look right with TEAL seats.
Corrected.

10-22-2011, 01:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

May we ask where you sit in the Garden? You seem dismayed that some of us are concerned about our viewing experience with the addition of these sky bridges that are going to be sold as expensive "club seating".... The season tickets that I utilize are in the 3rd to last row of Section 425 (on the side of the arena). Why shouldn't people in the 400's be concerned about how their Garden experience will be affected by new construction above our field of vision? Did you look at the artistic renderings? If that's even remotely accurate, people in these sections will no longer be able to see Gardenvision.... How is that not a legitimate concern for people? And no, we do not regularly have people walking in front of us as the Garden currently sits, so adding a sky bridge out & above our section will most certainly serve as a distraction....

Old
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
They should raise those out of view during Rangers games. Knicks too. Raise the Rangers banners out of view during Knicks games and only show the banners of the team playing.
I take some pride in MSG's history so I like having the Knicks and Rangers banners around all the time. Don't really care about the Liberty but if they're still around in 50 years then why not. Doubt I'll ever care about Billy Joel's or Elton John's banner no matter how long they're around for.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:05 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
did you ever think about your peripheral vision? while we'll be able to see the entire ice, we will be distracted by people walking above us. we'll have one year of great sightlines and then we'll be forced to deal with that eyesore above us.
There are people moving around everywhere. Why would people moving around on the bridges be any more of a distraction?

Quote:
all i know is that msg and the ticket reps have to give us an illustration of what our seats will look like when the bridges are in place so there are no surprises when the work is done.
I agree with that 100%. More than just an illustation, though. Yankees claimed all the seats in their new stadium were unobstructed then someone sat in the bleachers next to the sports bar and couldn't see left field. Those seats are now $5 (instead of $12).

Would you accept a 25% discount for seats that you couldn't see, say, the top of the scoreboard?

Old
10-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Would you accept a 25% discount for seats that you couldn't see, say, the top of the scoreboard?
I think most of us would. However, that won't happen. We're going to pay even more.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:17 PM
sbjnyc

That's probably true but I mean pay less than someone in a similar seat without the obstruction. So instead of having your ticket price increased from $39 to $48 like everyone else in your section, maybe the last 5 rows of affected seats would only increase to $42 (ok a 12.5% discount). I'm making the numbers up obviously.

Would you prefer the $42 seats or the $48 seats. Assuming a full preseason that's $264 per seat per season.

Do you think tickets will go up much more than that?

Old
10-22-2011, 02:19 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
There are people moving around everywhere. Why would people moving around on the bridges be any more of a distraction?
Because they're right above your field of vision and in close proximity to you? Saying "there are people moving around everywhere" doesn't really begin to scratch the surface of what is, and isn't distracting.... Could you say the same thing to people who sit in the front row of the 300's who have fans constantly walking in front of them? "Well there's people moving around everywhere so what does it matter if people walk in front of you during the game?"....

Old
10-22-2011, 02:35 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Because they're right above your field of vision and in close proximity to you? Saying "there are people moving around everywhere" doesn't really begin to scratch the surface of what is, and isn't distracting.... Could you say the same thing to people who sit in the front row of the 300's who have fans constantly walking in front of them? "Well there's people moving around everywhere so what does it matter if people walk in front of you during the game?"....
You're talking about peripheral vision though. People walking directly in front of you is not in your peripheral vision, they are an obstruction (if you bought tickets in the 1st couple of rows of a section in the old yankee stadium at the box office they would stamp "OBSTRUCTED VIEW" on them but charge the same price). If you're higher up then the people walking in front of your section are no longer blocking your view but you still see them peripherally. You'll also see people walking in front of other sections. You can't help but notice it. Similarly, if you're sitting near the aisle your peripheral vision will include people walking up and down the stairs. Even if they're in another section.

Meanwhile has it been shown conclusively that people walking on the bridges will be visible peripherally? It's certainly feasible but I don't know what the actual layout is going to be. I have faith in the engineers and architects putting it together to make it work reasonably well. And while I dislike Dolan, I really really doubt that he's instructing them to put in bridges in such that they block the views of ticketholders.

And while I also think the bridges seem like a silly idea, there are people who like the idea and they will buy those tickets. I realy doubt MSG would go ahead and build the bridges without that interest.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
May we ask where you sit in the Garden? You seem dismayed that some of us are concerned about our viewing experience with the addition of these sky bridges that are going to be sold as expensive "club seating".... The season tickets that I utilize are in the 3rd to last row of Section 425 (on the side of the arena). Why shouldn't people in the 400's be concerned about how their Garden experience will be affected by new construction above our field of vision? Did you look at the artistic renderings? If that's even remotely accurate, people in these sections will no longer be able to see Gardenvision.... How is that not a legitimate concern for people? And no, we do not regularly have people walking in front of us as the Garden currently sits, so adding a sky bridge out & above our section will most certainly serve as a distraction....

I sit in the last row in 311. It won't be anymore annoying as people standing up during play, except these people won't block your view of the ice.

The pictures are not accurate and give a misconception on where exactly the bridges are.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I sit in the last row in 311. It won't be anymore annoying as people standing up during play, except these people won't block your view of the ice.

The pictures are not accurate and give a misconception on where exactly the bridges are.
Can you provide us a link to more accurate renderings then?

Old
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Can you provide us a link to more accurate renderings then?
Im just going by what my ticket rep told me a few months ago. I dont have any links. It will be a wait and see approach.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
You're talking about peripheral vision though. People walking directly in front of you is not in your peripheral vision, they are an obstruction (if you bought tickets in the 1st couple of rows of a section in the old yankee stadium at the box office they would stamp "OBSTRUCTED VIEW" on them but charge the same price). If you're higher up then the people walking in front of your section are no longer blocking your view but you still see them peripherally. You'll also see people walking in front of other sections. You can't help but notice it. Similarly, if you're sitting near the aisle your peripheral vision will include people walking up and down the stairs. Even if they're in another section.
Yes I am aware of the notions of periphery vision, field of vision, and distance and proximity as it relates to objects moving in your vision... A person doing jumping jacks in in your periphery vision at 20 feet away from you is a hell of a lot more noticeable & distracting then if that person were 100 feet away... Do you sit in the 400's regularly?

Quote:
Meanwhile has it been shown conclusively that people walking on the bridges will be visible peripherally? It's certainly feasible but I don't know what the actual layout is going to be. I have faith in the engineers and architects putting it together to make it work reasonably well. And while I dislike Dolan, I really really doubt that he's instructing them to put in bridges in such that they block the views of ticketholders.
All we have to go off of is the renderings they provided.... Nobody is talking about having their view of the ice blocked... But you can see there won't be any view of Gardenvision from those renderings....

Old
10-22-2011, 03:30 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Yes I am aware of the notions of periphery vision, field of vision, and distance and proximity as it relates to objects moving in your vision... A person doing jumping jacks in in your periphery vision at 20 feet away from you is a hell of a lot more noticeable & distracting then if that person were 100 feet away... Do you sit in the 400's regularly?
I sit in the 300s about halfway up on the goal line.

There are people moving around all the time. I'm 2 seats off the aisle and sometimes the call of nature can't wait for the whistle so I get a lot of people moving in and out of their seats during play. Do we need one more distraction? No but I'm not convinced it will be a distraction and even if it is I just can't see it being more than a minor nuisance. But like someone said earlier, when it comes time for the relocation MSG had better have an accurate view for us when getting our seat assignments.

Quote:
All we have to go off of is the renderings they provided.... Nobody is talking about having their view of the ice blocked... But you can see there won't be any view of Gardenvision from those renderings....
In Giants stadium if you had lower level seats but a high row, you couldn't see the scoreboard. Same with the loges in Shea and Main Reserved in Yankee Stadium. I'm prety sure there are seats like that in the new stadiums as well.

It's nothing new and most people don't seem to care. Give a small discount and there will be people running to grab those tickets.

Some stadiums like the new Meadowlands and Citifield were deisnged similar to stonehenge in that certain seats are aligned so that the sun shines through the stadium and right into your eyes at certain times. That's a much bigger problem IMO though not an issue in an indoor arena.

Old
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post

Look at 1:36 of this clip. It's a Knick version of the same picture shown above.

This looks like it may be the last few rows of the upper deck. If that's the case, the bridges wont be a problem for me if I sit that high.

10-22-2011, 05:35 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

What will Boudreau think of msg now?

Old
10-22-2011, 05:59 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
What will Boudreau think of msg now?
Well, the guy in the video did say there would be 40% more concessions.

Old
10-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Well, the guy in the video did say there would be 40% more concessions.
Lmfao...No haagen daz though? Im surprised we don't have some fancy upscale ice cream and cupcake stand in there. They talk about New York, oh yea because thats real New Yorkers. Throw in a Lombardis brick oven pizza from mott street, or a wo hop from mott, or a grays papaya....thats new york, maybe a shake shack. The real rangers and knicks fan never dines at any of these great "nyc restaurant staples."

Old
10-22-2011, 06:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Look at 1:36 of this clip. It's a Knick version of the same picture shown above.

This looks like it may be the last few rows of the upper deck. If that's the case, the bridges wont be a problem for me if I sit that high.
You have to remember that for Rangers games the far boards will be closer to the bottom of the bridge from that view. Regardless, I'm still happy I won't be sitting that far back in the upper level even if it isn't a huge distraction.

Old
10-22-2011, 10:15 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Lmfao...No haagen daz though? Im surprised we don't have some fancy upscale ice cream and cupcake stand in there. They talk about New York, oh yea because thats real New Yorkers. Throw in a Lombardis brick oven pizza from mott street, or a wo hop from mott, or a grays papaya....thats new york, maybe a shake shack. The real rangers and knicks fan never dines at any of these great "nyc restaurant staples."
FYI, Haagen Das is an ice cream company founded in the Bronx, I believe it's now owned by Nestle-Dreyer's/Edy's. Nothing fancy about that ice cream except its made up name, so ironically enough Haagen Das would be a genuine New York food offering

Old
10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
CM PUNK

sorry if this was already mentioned...

got an email today that on wed, the garden will be open from 9am-noon and 5-7:30pm. you can go and check out the new seats and sightlines as they try to sell you ticket packages.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
sorry if this was already mentioned...

got an email today that on wed, the garden will be open from 9am-noon and 5-7:30pm. you can go and check out the new seats and sightlines as they try to sell you ticket packages.
Is this for new business only? Seems to me it would only be fair to allow existing STH to get a free tour of the new digs

Old
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Im just going by what my ticket rep told me a few months ago. I dont have any links. It will be a wait and see approach.
ALL Rangers ticket Reps are lying pieces of ****. Do not believe a single thing this organization ever tells you. Assume they are lying and are out to screw you. (Because they are) Its the best way to protect your interests with this garbage organization!

If I had listened to my rep, I'd have the choice between a 200% increase to $270 seats or the back of the line to get a pair of "whatever's left". Fortunately, I saw the scum for what they are and moved upstairs the yr before the renovation when they screwed everyone they could...

Closed Thread