HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 10:50 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Stupid questions of the Day;

The team shop inside msg, is it open always or just when the garden is hosting something?

Also do they just sell hockey items when there's a game or do they sell it also when there's other event's in the garden?

Thinking about coming to NYC in may and would like to visit the team store..

Also, is the little merchandise shop next to the ticket boots still there??
It's only open when the arena is open but during concerts/wrestling etc it isn't open. I went to WWE Survivor Series in November and they only had the merchandise stands set up in the lobby and throughout the arena selling WWE stuff. The team shop was closed. You will only get Rangers stuff during Rangers games and maybe if they have some out during Knicks games.

The merchandise stands in the lobby are still there and they do sell Rangers stuff so if it's the middle of the day and you wanna pick up something, you can but the inventory is limited compared to what's in the actual team store. If the Rangers and Knicks are both done by the time you come though, they won't be there as the arena and lobby will be shut down for the second phase of the transformation.

01-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It's only open when the arena is open but during concerts/wrestling etc it isn't open. I went to WWE Survivor Series in November and they only had the merchandise stands set up in the lobby and throughout the arena selling WWE stuff. The team shop was closed. You will only get Rangers stuff during Rangers games and maybe if they have some out during Knicks games.

The merchandise stands in the lobby are still there and they do sell Rangers stuff so if it's the middle of the day and you wanna pick up something, you can but the inventory is limited compared to what's in the actual team store. If the Rangers and Knicks are both done by the time you come though, they won't be there as the arena and lobby will be shut down for the second phase of the transformation.
Thank you Sir..

Lots of great info...

Old
01-24-2012, 05:27 AM
TriFF51
USA Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Does anyone know if The Prime Rib is still part of the MSG food concessions? That place was awesome. One of the best sandwiches I have ever had.
I've been looking for it for a few games and finally found it in the bbq place, can't remember the name....sadly they ruined it...its now 18.95 instead of 14.95 and its HALF the size and you don't get pickles anymore. I used to get it every game, but never again....daily burger it is.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
does anyone know with the new upper bowl if they will be losing seats from the original nuumber or add seats?

Old
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
does anyone know with the new upper bowl if they will be losing seats from the original nuumber or add seats?
They're supposed to lose 1,000 seats but the seats that will be built on the bridges are supposed to bring the number back to what capacity is now.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
They're supposed to lose 1,000 seats but the seats that will be built on the bridges are supposed to bring the number back to what capacity is now.
I still can't believe they're going to build those things. The bridges will block the view of the upper back rows and cast a shadow over everything below. They're also going to have to rip out some top level suites in the corners and create a bunch of dead spots where you can't have seats.

Logistically speaking, it's pretty amazing to think that the roof can support such a structure. The whole roof is basically held up by 24 cables strung across the outside wall:

Now in addition to all the lighting equipment, steel, and giant scoreboard up there, they want to suspend two giant concourses full of metal, seats, and packed with people. Can you imagine being the engineer that has to sign off on that???

Old
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I still can't believe they're going to build those things. The bridges will block the view of the upper back rows and cast a shadow over everything below. They're also going to have to rip out some top level suites in the corners and create a bunch of dead spots where you can't have seats.

Logistically speaking, it's pretty amazing to think that the roof can support such a structure. The whole roof is basically held up by 24 cables strung across the outside wall:

Now in addition to all the lighting equipment, steel, and giant scoreboard up there, they want to suspend two giant concourses full of metal, seats, and packed with people. Can you imagine being the engineer that has to sign off on that???
Well the only suites that are gonna be high up in the building anymore when it's all said in done is the 9th floor suites on the east end of the building. All the suites on the 10th floor will be gone as the Budweiser Fan Deck will be built on the east end above the 9th floor suites and I believe the upper deck will stretch up to the 10th floor on the north and south ends of the building (this I'm assuming but I know for sure there will not be anymore suites on the 10th floor so I'm just assuming the seats will go up that high as nothing else is going there.) I still have no clue how these things are going to be built though.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
skroob**

Quote:

Bridges weigh far more and hold up dozens and dozens of fully loaded 18-wheelers. The garden system is the same principal. Tension systems can do a lot with a little.

Old
01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

We should find out within the first two weeks of march.

Old
01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
rambler725

do the merchandise stands in the lobby honor the subscriber card discount ? Thanks!

Old
01-26-2012, 04:29 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
do the merchandise stands in the lobby honor the subscriber card discount ? Thanks!
They don't, tried it once. Can only use it inside MSG.

Old
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Just got my Knicks season ticket holder vouchers in the mail yesterday. They give you $100 to spend on food. My Rangers season tickets cost double, and they don't give me squat except a coupon for a $1 soda when I buy 5 billion dollars worth of stale hot dogs

wtf

Old
01-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 2500
Quote:
Just got my Knicks season ticket holder vouchers in the mail yesterday. They give you $100 to spend on food. My Rangers season tickets cost double, and they don't give me squat except a coupon for a $1 soda when I buy 5 billion dollars worth of stale hot dogs

wtf
It may have to do with the loyalty. Ranger fans would go to games no matter what, so there's no reason to waste money by giving out vouchers. Knick fans on the other hand didn't do too well attendance wise (I'm pretty sure), so they need to give them more incentives to get seasons.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
blueshirtbolt

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_engineering

Old
01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirtbolt View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douch%65

Last edited by GordonGecko: 01-27-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Via email, 5 minutes ago:

As you know, this past Fall we completed the first phase of our three year historic, top-to-bottom Transformation that will provide a significantly enhanced experience for all of our customers, and turn The World's Most Famous Arena into the world's most state-of-the-art arena.

This summer, phase II of The Transformation of Madison Square Garden will begin. The completion of this phase will ultimately result in a re-configured seating arrangement in the 300 and 400 Levels. When all phases are complete, all guests will experience a brand new interior from top to bottom. The only thing you will recognize inside the building is The Garden's signature ceiling.

In an effort to gather important information about the most dedicated members of our family, we ask that all Season Subscribers who currently sit next to another season subscriber and prefer to do so in the newly-configured Garden fill out a short questionnaire online (see below for a link and instructions).

Please bear in mind that providing this information to us does not guarantee that we will be able to satisfy your preferences, although we will do everything we can to accommodate our most loyal fans. In addition, it is necessary that we receive the following information from all involved account holders by 5:00pm on Monday, February 6th, 2012.

Click here to fill out the questionnaire.

Once again, while we will make all possible efforts to accommodate your request, we cannot guarantee to do so.

Additionally, if you require accessible (ADA) seating due to a disability, we ask that you click here to complete and return the proper form so that we can transfer you to appropriate seating in the Transformed Garden. Please send this form to:
Madison Square Garden

Attn: Jamie Morningstar - 14th Floor
2 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10121-0091

As we continue to move forward with the Transformation, you will receive regular communications and updates from us on the progress of construction, your 2012-13 season tickets, timing and anything that may affect your experience at The Garden. We have assembled a team of Transformation Service Experts to assist you with any questions or issues that arise. We have also made available a Transformation Hotline (212-465-MSGT (6748)) and website www.nyksubcentral.com, which will list answers to many Frequently Asked Questions. Our goal is to make sure you are fully informed throughout this entire process.

Once again, thank you for your support and dedication during this exciting time!
Sincerely,

Howard Jacobs
Executive Vice President, Marketing & Sales
MSG Sports

Old
01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
nyrmetros

I assume the miniplan in the blueseats I was kicked out of this season is gone for good.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
emailed my rep. the information that they send us when they relocate us for next year will NOT show a view with the bridges in it. complete ********. start banging down there doors, writing a nasty email now.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:11 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
emailed my rep. the information that they send us when they relocate us for next year will NOT show a view with the bridges in it. complete ********. start banging down there doors, writing a nasty email now.
Did they tell you when everyone should receive it? I'm assuming sometime early March like last year.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:17 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Did they tell you when everyone should receive it? I'm assuming sometime early March like last year.
yes sometime in march. the fact that we wont get the full view when everything is done pisses me off. thats the determining factor if i want to keep these seats or move them. horrible job by the rangers.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
yes sometime in march. the fact that we wont get the full view when everything is done pisses me off. thats the determining factor if i want to keep these seats or move them. horrible job by the rangers.
You'll have to use your imagination

Old
01-27-2012, 02:17 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
If it helps you any, the 4 ticket brokers who currently have 1000 seats+ in MSG will get a private tour so they can decide what changes to locations they want before renewals start. That way, anything you'd want to upgrade to won't be available when your number is called...

Old
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
If it helps you any, the 4 ticket brokers who currently have 1000 seats+ in MSG will get a private tour so they can decide what changes to locations they want before renewals start. That way, anything you'd want to upgrade to won't be available when your number is called...
how did you get that info? and what brokers?

Old
01-27-2012, 02:44 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
No way, if MSG has a deal with brokers it's to sell the last seats - not the first. They will get what the Rangers can't easily sell

Old
01-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
I know for a Fact that 4 brokers don,t have access to 4000 seats. I have a very close friend who is an executive in the MSG ticket office and he has told me the behind the scenes deal they have worked out with several brokers and it is a very fair system. Without going into details it involves getting first shot at extra tickets for playoffs etc. based upon the volume they buy. The seats they are offered are usually what are considered leftovers and don,t impact the type of fan who typically reads this board.

Closed Thread