HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Penguins. 10.13.2011. 7PM. Consol. NHL Network.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

vCash: 500
Nice come back from you guys. Thought you escaped with two more points than you deserved in this one, but your PK was really good and you took your chances a lot better than the Pens did.

Either way... two teams that will battle for the top of the East. Again. For sure.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
#pensfanslogic is a good idea

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Gah I missed the Schultz hit. Anyone have a video?
I should have have made video evidence but already deleted the game.

RE: pens penalty only the Beagle penalty was a complete whine job by Letang. Homer penalty likely. The others, IMHO, were legit.

Pens forechecked very well this game. Probably a good video review for the coaches/caps players to review.

Also seemed like too much space was given by the dmen as pens forward came into the zone especially for the pens pluggers.

10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
NYI beatdown, "oh the humanity, what a disgrace".
Lead league in fights and majors while icing Matt Cooke.

#pensfanslogic

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:22 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
the caps lost to the penguins 3 playoffs ago. no?

why are we arguing? the caps are 8-0-1(so) in the last 9 games and you seem to want to demean that as irrelevant
Yes but 2 years. If your going to mock that argument (and give it a smidge of credence THX) being off by a year is kinda big. Just saying.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:25 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I thought the holding stick was bad... And looked like green got stick knocked away that led to the laich's penalty. Watching kids so couldn't rewind. If I was off on those then I'm a little less pissed. But not much.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

8's take on the post- KO celebration:
"Itís a fight. Itís hockey game, but again it was pretty tough but Beagle, like, heís just first-year NHL,Ē said Alex Ovechkin, who was also seen yelling at the Penguins winger after helping Beagle off the ice. ďAsham, I donít know if he knows that or not, but just put him on the ice. Heís not a fighter, itís not his job to fight. I donít know, it looked kind of not respectful for players on different team. I donít know what people think but I think itís not respectful.Ē

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Been mentioned a few times on other boards, that a delay penalty had been called on the Penguins when the Caps had scored one of their goals. Joe B never indicated anything like this. Some were saying this was during the second goal but that can't be true because they had delayed calling that a goal until they looked at the video. Does anyone have info. on this.
Because of the goal prior to the "penalty", the penalty never happened. whether the next stoppage was the end of the period or another goal, it would all be washed out from the point of Ovy's goal and the game would be picked up from that point.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
You honestly expect retaliation like that after a clean fight and a 4th liner getting knocked out? If it was dirty or it happened to a star player I could see it, but it wasn't. If that made much of an impact on the team (the players) they'll even up on Asham on their own. I see no reason for Bruce to essentially dress a goon/put a bounty on a guy.

I think people are getting caught up in the emotion of the game. Mess with the bull, get the horns sometimes. Beagle was game, even brought it strong early on, then learned a painful lesson. It's hockey.
It has nothing to do with the fight, and everything to do with the taunting post-fight antics. The players were understandably pissed.

And no, I don't expect retaliation. Boudreau's not a fan of it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Dirtbag59

Vokoun on Beagle: "It's not about win the fight or lose – it's about stand up for yourself."
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:39 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Yes but 2 years. If your going to mock that argument (and give it a smidge of credence THX) being off by a year is kinda big. Just saying.
i said specifically going on three years. this is the third season. 2.25 season series to be exact. 8-0-1. why are you trying so hard to bring that down?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Dirtbag59

kcarrera Katie Carrera
Apologies for not sharing this sooner, Beagle was walking around the dressing room, holding ice to his face. BB said they'd know more tmrw.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
nTsplnk*

Pens fan coming in peace, Asham apologized after saying it was classless what he did. Hope he's doing alright.

Just wondering how Troy Brouwer is with Ovi and Backstrom?

And how have Johannson and Perrault been so far? They looked really good last year.

Last edited by nTsplnk*: 10-13-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling correction
nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i said specifically going on three years. this is the third season. 2.25 season series to be exact. 8-0-1. why are you trying so hard to bring that down?
Because losing a playoff series within those supposed three years is kinda a big deal.

Old
thejester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Vokoun on Beagle: "It's not about win the fight or lose – it's about stand up for yourself."
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
The man needs a suffix.

thejester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Doyle

Video: Arron Asham Pummels Jay Beagle; Suspension?
http://nhlhotstove.com/video-aaron-a...le-suspension/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:45 PM
fatloui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
Because of the goal prior to the "penalty", the penalty never happened. whether the next stoppage was the end of the period or another goal, it would all be washed out from the point of Ovy's goal and the game would be picked up from that point.
I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. You can be called for a penalty (any penalty) after the whistle is blown, so had the Pens committed an infraction it still would have been a penalty. I seem to remember a few years ago the Caps had it happen to them when the opposing team scored a goal but play continued, they got called for tripping, the goal was awarded after review but the Caps player still went to the box for tripping.

I believe the Pens broadcaster was confused because the ref blew the whistle because a Pens player high sticked the puck, but I'm not totally sure.

fatloui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:46 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Watching Brouwer attack and carry the puck with the space he got is why BB needs to stick with that line til it proves more of a problem.

It just opens up sooooo much ice for ovi and nick. Come playoff time.... Critical!

Old
10-13-2011, 10:48 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Watching Brouwer attack and carry the puck with the space he got is why BB needs to stick with that line til it proves more of a problem.

It just opens up sooooo much ice for ovi and nick. Come playoff time.... Critical!
I'd definitely like to see Brouwer get some time on that line to see how things go. Still see the 'adjust to a new team/scheme' vibe while watching his on ice play.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

20 and 44 both.

Hammer is having those hannan moments from his first games last year. Gap control is an issue right now with him.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:52 PM
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatloui View Post
I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. You can be called for a penalty (any penalty) after the whistle is blown, so had the Pens committed an infraction it still would have been a penalty. I seem to remember a few years ago the Caps had it happen to them when the opposing team scored a goal but play continued, they got called for tripping, the goal was awarded after review but the Caps player still went to the box for tripping.

I believe the Pens broadcaster was confused because the ref blew the whistle because a Pens player high sticked the puck, but I'm not totally sure.
Similar thing happened to the Pens 2 years back.

Gonchar took a slapshot from the point, went in off the back bar, goal waved off play continued. Then a Leaf got the puck, Gonchar hooked him and they awarded him a penalty shot.

Gonchar's goal was good-and since you can't have two goals at the same time, they gave Gonchar the two minutes. After his two minutes he came out of the box and scored

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:53 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
Pens fan coming in peace, Asham apologized after saying it was classless what he did. Hope he's doing alright.

And how have Johannson and Perrault been so far? They looked really good last year.
I think all the rational and some of the crazy have no issue with Asham. He maned up and said he was sorry. We're more ticked off the fact that Asham has to "stand up" for Letang when his helmet comes off after someone called him on some penalties. Letang and Crosby need to strap their damn helmets up because this happens all the time. Also a textbook example of the Instigator Penalty and it wasn't called.

Anways… First time we've seen Brouwer with Ovie and Backstrom and the line has some promise. Johannson had a lack luster off season in BB eye's and he sat the first game and MoJo took it to hear and been playing great since. Think he might have actually won a couple face offs tonight! Perrault needs to be on a scoring line and that fact was glaring when he was on the 4th line against Tampa. IMO, he won't see a lot of time this year unless the offense slows down and BB wants to inject some energy.

Odd. I thought if a goal goes to video review and is proved to be a goal the game and clock go back to the time of the goal?

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
TRASHCAT

2 point night for nicky, good to see hes back from the dead.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
This was their first game together as a unit of three. Brouwer had played with Ovechkin and Johansson in the pre-season, though. Knuble had played the previous two games on that line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Johansson was scratched in the opener for having a lackluster camp/pre-season and because Perreault was one of our best players in that same span. Johansson came back on fire against Tampa, and was our second best player behind Chimera in that game. Perreault played okay in the first two games (an assist in the Tampa game while playing on the 4th line), and was scratched tonight. Good chance he sees more time if Beagle is concussed.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Video: Arron Asham Pummels Jay Beagle; Suspension?
http://nhlhotstove.com/video-aaron-a...le-suspension/
Suspension? For what? He didn't punch him after the knockout and even helped break his fall. Also Beagle accepted the fight and was given time to square up. And as bad as the gesture was by Arsham he apologized for it and did seem to genuinely have no idea Beagle was hurt as badly as he was, not to mention he was playing to the crowds reaction more then his actual win.

All in all it was a fair fight with a crappy result for our side. There is no way we should even be thinking the word suspension.