HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Penguins. 10.13.2011. 7PM. Consol. NHL Network.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
  #726
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS
 
start winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 9,109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
@mothra...nothing like steigerwald's call of wideman's game winner. like his heart was cut out. deadpan...here's a chance....score...............they did it again......
i didnt know that the pittsburgh paper had gotten everyone all revved up by pointing out how long it had been since the penguins beat the capitals in pittsburgh.

so, the caps record against the pens doesnt impress some caps fans...it sure annoyes the pens/fans
HAHA, **** Steigerwald, you put it into words so perfectly.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:38 AM
  #727
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveng7x View Post
Is it me or is Vokoun slow moving from side to side? Maybe he's not in his groove still. He looked solid last night except on those shots making him go side to side.
I don't know that he's slow, he just doesn't keep the ice covered as well when he moves from side to side (tougher for him since he's so short I guess).

I don't know if that's a weakness in his game, or if it only looks like one because he's getting across where other goalies might normally be stuck in the butterfly and not even make an attempt. Definitely something to watch as the season progresses, and I've always thought the 5-hole was his biggest weakness during his time in FLA. Getting him moving side-to-side like that may be the easiest way for other teams to open him up like that.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:42 AM
  #728
hyzer23
Registered User
 
hyzer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Queen City
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Nicky, Ovi, Green and semin on the score sheet, Vokoun 39 saves.....i like it

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:47 AM
  #729
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,547
vCash: 500
Mike Green does have his warts, but I tell ya the guy can shoot the puck and as they say in soccer he can get it on frame as he did with the low ice hugger that Ovie deflected over Johnson's shoulder and then the one off the goal post during the 3rd period. Both Green and Wideman are lethal when it comes to shooting.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
  #730
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
just another reason to hate the pens after that fight. anyways 3-0 all in OT gotta like how we are finishing games so far

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
  #731
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I think all the rational and some of the crazy have no issue with Asham. He maned up and said he was sorry. We're more ticked off the fact that Asham has to "stand up" for Letang when his helmet comes off after someone called him on some penalties. Letang and Crosby need to strap their damn helmets up because this happens all the time. Also a textbook example of the Instigator Penalty and it wasn't called.

Anways… First time we've seen Brouwer with Ovie and Backstrom and the line has some promise. Johannson had a lack luster off season in BB eye's and he sat the first game and MoJo took it to hear and been playing great since. Think he might have actually won a couple face offs tonight! Perrault needs to be on a scoring line and that fact was glaring when he was on the 4th line against Tampa. IMO, he won't see a lot of time this year unless the offense slows down and BB wants to inject some energy.

Odd. I thought if a goal goes to video review and is proved to be a goal the game and clock go back to the time of the goal?
Yea, I think it was more of Asham playing his role than Letang or Crosby not dealing with hockey's grit. Asham really doesn't get a lot of ice time here and I think he just decided to send a message. As far as the instigator rule, I'm really against it, but you're right. I just hope Beagle turns out alright and we'll just move on from it. Should make the next game more interesting!

I see, I think Troy Brouwer was a great pick up for you guys, even if he ends up a few lines back. Every year I point out how dangerous you guys are and most people kind of laugh at me, but you guys improve year after year and now with Vokoun I'm really scared lol. As for johannson, he looked really good in the Tampa game and the Pens game, I really like the guy.

The clock does go back. but the penalties that occur after it also count, they just roll back the clock and send them to the box

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
  #732
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,278
vCash: 500
So… had to DVR this game due to some BS work party…
This game is a microcosm of why I truly hate everything Pittsburgh: their teams - Pens and Steelers, their commentators and the overwhelming majority of their fans.
I don’t have an issue with Asham knocking the **** out of Beagle, even thou Beagle isn’t in the same fighting class as Arron, he (Beagle) should’ve known better, Ashem is very good at what he does… I don’t even have a problem with Ashams gestures after the fight. Being in a lot of fights myself in my younger years I can understand that, he was fired up…. But man, do I have a problem with these d-bags in the stands aka fans of ****sburgh Penguins. What a pathetic hypocritical *****es. Who doesn’t remember their disgust, dismay and disbelieve that the opposing player (Trevor Gillies) would taunt a fallen penguin after that epic beat down that Islanders handed to these sniveling, diving, cheep shot bustards, but obviously it was completely forgotten and it was so much fun to laugh and taunt Beagles injury. What wouldn’t I give to see a response by the Caps at least somewhat resembling Islanders game… I don’t give a **** if there would be some fines and/or suspensions. Team and Club pride should be upheld, regardless of consequences (within a reason of course). But as many of you have said already I doubt a lot will happen… I am sure the reffs will be given strict orders to keep the game under control and any misbehavior will be punished faster that you can say Crysby. I’m sure Bettman and/or Shanahan will be present at the game too. Can’t wait for it thou, first week of December I believe… but if by some chance my wish would come true whatever happens to the this pathetic d-bags from my “favorite” city they brought it upon themselves… seven folds I hope…

Now, about the actual game, glad OV scored and Backstrom, Green and Widman were the most noticeable guys on the ice for our team… Even thou referring wasn’t good we still were way to sloppy and careless… you know who you are playing… it’s the ****ing ****sburgh Penguins for ****s sake, you know they will dive, flop, cheep shot and instigate hoping for retaliation all over the ice and more times than not get the calls--- you have to be more careful…

Vokoun, even thou he had 37 saves and some of them in such a spectacular fashion the goals he let in were suspect at best… I guess FL fans were right by saying “get used to it…” I hope it doesn’t bite us in the ass come April.
**** it, all-in-all its 3-0.

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
  #733
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
Yea, I think it was more of Asham playing his role than Letang or Crosby not dealing with hockey's grit. Asham really doesn't get a lot of ice time here and I think he just decided to send a message. As far as the instigator rule, I'm really against it, but you're right. I just hope Beagle turns out alright and we'll just move on from it. Should make the next game more interesting!

I see, I think Troy Brouwer was a great pick up for you guys, even if he ends up a few lines back. Every year I point out how dangerous you guys are and most people kind of laugh at me, but you guys improve year after year and now with Vokoun I'm really scared lol. As for johannson, he looked really good in the Tampa game and the Pens game, I really like the guy.

The clock does go back. but the penalties that occur after it also count, they just roll back the clock and send them to the box


Sorry but that last item is not correct, at least that's not what had occurred last night. After the goal was scored by Ovechkin, play did not stop but continued into the Capitals zone and then the whistle was blown to stop play and the referee may the signal for high sticking. The referees then did the video review and awarded the goal, but no one was sent to the penalty box for the infraction that they called a few seconds after the goal had been scored. I believe that the call may have been on Staal for the high sticking.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
  #734
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,574
vCash: 500
Any chance the team is selling any of those patches of Loko or even some the helmet stickers? I know they are going to auction off the game worns,but I'd be happy with a patch or sticker.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:24 AM
  #735
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
I actually thought the Pens announcers weren't that bad compared to their normal idiocy. They just seemed to be more into the Pens plays, which I epxect from home announcers. Maybe they tried to tone it down for the national crowd. Its not like these guys were blaming zamboni drivers for snow build-up and garbage like that.

WRT Asham... its one of the reasons I love him and continually will be pissed that we have to have a guy like Beagle over him. Given the situ, I'm glad to have beages. He has some skill and is versatile (ie can play C). But Asham is far and wide the better overall option. I think what he did was bush league and I'm not going to go all Kevin Weekes and praise him for his class just cause you admit you were classless. You still did it and if the Pens were as "classy" as Weekes mentions, there would be some sort of accountability like you'd see from the Steelers org.

Letang's a *****... but a good one.

3-0.... all in a format that doesn't exist when it matters. Be happy, not giddy. A lot to work on. I hope that BB is doing a long hard film study with line 1 and telling them they'll be line 4 in the next game if they don't shape up their decision making. We are 3-0-0... so from a points perspective, a lot of room to hold these guys accountable.

Praise for Sarge.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:25 AM
  #736
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 9,185
vCash: 500
The Beagle game-worn from last night should fetch an interesting price...

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:29 AM
  #737
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Any chance the team is selling any of those patches of Loko or even some the helmet stickers? I know they are going to auction off the game worns,but I'd be happy with a patch or sticker.
That's such an awesome idea... I'm going to search for a sticker for my hockey helmet.... maybe one for my entire team.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:30 AM
  #738
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
[/B]

Sorry but that last item is not correct, at least that's not what had occurred last night. After the goal was scored by Ovechkin, play did not stop but continued into the Capitals zone and then the whistle was blown to stop play and the referee may the signal for high sticking. The referees then did the video review and awarded the goal, but no one was sent to the penalty box for the infraction that they called a few seconds after the goal had been scored. I believe that the call may have been on Staal for the high sticking.
Which means one of three things:

1.) The ref wasn't signalling a penalty, but rather that the puck was played with a high stick.

2.) The penalty occurred before the goal, in which case the goal washed out the penalty.

3.) The refs screwed up.

A penalty that occurs after a goal in that situation absolutely 100% still counts, even once they roll the clock back.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:31 AM
  #739
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
The Beagle game-worn from last night should fetch an interesting price...
I hope they leave the blood... If I were a Pens fan with money... I'd buy that one without consideration of price. I'd frame it with a "good night" pic of asham and one of the punch.

I know we're up in arms now... but that would be a talking piece in the man cave/game room for many years.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
  #740
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 9,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I hope they leave the blood... If I were a Pens fan with money... I'd buy that one without consideration of price. I'd frame it with a "good night" pic of asham and one of the punch.

I know we're up in arms now... but that would be a talking piece in the man cave/game room for many years.
They don't wash them, the blood will be there.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:49 AM
  #741
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
They don't wash them
Really? There's something creepy about that.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:03 PM
  #742
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Which means one of three things:

1.) The ref wasn't signalling a penalty, but rather that the puck was played with a high stick.

2.) The penalty occurred before the goal, in which case the goal washed out the penalty.

3.) The refs screwed up.

A penalty that occurs after a goal in that situation absolutely 100% still counts, even once they roll the clock back.
no, it was the correct call to waive off the later penalty.

NHL Rulebook: 78.6
Quote:
Any penalties signaled during the period of time between the apparent goal and the next stoppage of play shall be assessed in the normal manner, except when a minor penalty is to be assessed to the team scored upon, and is therefore nullified by the scoring of the goal

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:12 PM
  #743
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
FYI Alan May about to be on NHL Network on Sirius

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:26 PM
  #744
BTD5504
Registered User
 
BTD5504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
FYI Alan May about to be on NHL Network on Sirius
can you give a recap of what was said? not able to listen at the moment...

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:36 PM
  #745
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,941
vCash: 500
One of the funniest things with there announcers was every time Engellend bumped into Ovechkin and most of the time Ovie got the better of him. Steigy and the other moron acted like the guy nailed Ovechkin when in reality he got knocked on his ass

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
  #746
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
Doesn't care for post-fight gestures... part of game's history... praise BB for maintaining lines with new guys needing time to gel.... liked ovi's hitting vs pens... 3rd line will be one of top 3rd lines in hockey... a great playoff line...

can't remember more. There was some discussion on whether Beags should have passed on fight... can't remember if it was AM feeling or one of the hosts.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
  #747
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
Pre-game vs Sens in a GTD...

Looks like Auld will play in net vs Caps per Mirtle

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:49 PM
  #748
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
[/B]

Sorry but that last item is not correct, at least that's not what had occurred last night. After the goal was scored by Ovechkin, play did not stop but continued into the Capitals zone and then the whistle was blown to stop play and the referee may the signal for high sticking. The referees then did the video review and awarded the goal, but no one was sent to the penalty box for the infraction that they called a few seconds after the goal had been scored. I believe that the call may have been on Staal for the high sticking.
Are you sure?

The Penalty was against the Pens. Since the Penalty occurred and the Caps scored, the goal cancels out the penalty. If the Penalty was on the capitals, it would have continued.

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
  #749
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
Are you sure?

The Penalty was against the Pens. Since the Penalty occurred and the Caps scored, the goal cancels out the penalty. If the Penalty was on the capitals, it would have continued.
this is correct as stated in the rulebook as I quoted above.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:54 PM
  #750
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
One of the funniest things with there announcers was every time Engellend bumped into Ovechkin and most of the time Ovie got the better of him. Steigy and the other moron acted like the guy nailed Ovechkin when in reality he got knocked on his ass
: Steigy is an abomination, Ovechkin dominated Engelland all night, and rightfully so-Engelland is a good #5-6, he isn't a top pairing D-man.

Engelland stepped up in a big way for us though. He really is playing a lot better than we expected him to on the first pairing. He's just too slow

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.